Not Gonna Buy Cool White Again! [Join Club Here]

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
I too, won't buy cool white tints. I see several triple XML lights and really liked the Fenix triple but will not buy them until they become available in neutral to warm tints.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Im also waiting to buy my first neutral triple xml... if somebody doesnt release one soon im going to commission my own from a custom builder.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I received a 4sevens Mini AA high cri yesterday.
This is the first time for me to say that the color temperature of a light is too low for me! It's a lot more yellow even compared to under-driven incandescent lights.
I've got a lot of neutral lights and some warm whites but never had that feeling before.

Color rendition is pretty good. Clearly more red and green than most LEDs.

Jeffro2690

Newly Enlightened
I too liked cool white, then I got my first warm (Zebralight sc51w) almost sent the ZL back, I hated it at first. Now that I'm used to it I can't stand anything that's not at least neutral.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im also waiting to buy my first neutral triple xml... if somebody doesnt release one soon im going to commission my own from a custom builder.

The Nitecore TM11 is available in Neutral White - I have one! :) A Google search will easily turn up places where you can find them.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Well, I wanted to hold off awhile, before I chimed in on this thread, but it's time. Since the thread started, I've purchased several lights in warm, neutral, and even got my first HCRI the other day. I'm joining this club! lol I've got to the point where I just love the tint from these neutral/warmer emitters. Just posted a new thread with some pics of one of my favorites. The ZL SC60w. Love that thing! Same with the HCRI Peak Logan I just picked up from GeoBruin over on the marketplace. SWEET! Will I now rid myself of any of my cooler tinted lights? NO! lol, but I'm thinkin' pretty much all newer purchases will be from the neutral/warm/HCRI family. They're just so much more pleasing to my old eyes! :tired:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The question is,
will manufactures stop putting cool tints in their new line of lights?, probably not for a while.

Why:::: If your average joe blow goes to buy a light,, one has 240 neutral tint lumens & another has 270 cool lumens,
he'll likely buy the cold tint 270 {cuzzzzz it's brighter.}

People say they want brighter, brighter, brighter, brighter ..........................................................!
It's just like a really loud, harsh & blaring stereo.

I can hear it now:"Where can get a Tactical AAA light w/ a U2 XM-L" :shakehead

No, I personally won't buy another cool tint.

~ side note; if I bought some cfl bulbs and they were blueish, I'd be pissed off to no end.
This because of the gas I'd waste going back to yell at them, while I was getting my money back.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last module was a M31W. The light I have coming is neutral. Much nicer than the cool white. Now I am going to have my Rotary upgraded.
Hate CFL's though. Would much rather have a 60w Incan

biglights

Enlightened
I buy them all cool, warm, neutral, high CRI. I find uses for them all. :kiss:

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had a problem with cool white, but I'm fairly new to all this and would like to see the high CRI or neutrals first hand to see what all the fuss is about. Losing a few lumens wouldn't bother me at all. Losing efficiency would bother me a little. I'm into runtimes for the moment, but rechargebles are helping me get over it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like coolish tints on lower levels as long as they're in the form of a floodier beam pattern, but for higher output levels and tight beams it's got to be on the warmer side.