Now offering: HDS, Nitecore, and Novatac mods

veedo

Newly Enlightened
Any idea on lumen gains if i swapped my hds clicky 200 to xml? Thanks!

jake royston

Enlightened
you may gain anywhere between 70-100 lumens with an XM-L, depending on which one you choose. But remember that it will be more of a floody beam than the xpg, and when compared, the XP-G may look brighter, because it has a more concentrated hotspot than the XM-L. (XM-L will be a bit brighter than the XP-G, but the XM-L will light up a larger area than the XP-G would.)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks Jake Light is on it's way, really looking forward to a 219 in my Clickie :goodjob:

Norm

jake royston

Enlightened
PM sent about a mod on a HDS Rotary.
Thanks!

It seems that you've turned off the option to receive PMs.

Not a problem getting this done for you. I had a cool white rotary a while back and hated the blue tint. I foolishly traded mine, which i wish i never did.

All you need to supply is your light and the 219 on a 10MM board from illuminationsupply.

I can get it sent back to you within 1-2 days.

price is $35 + return shipping.

thanks,
jake

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
It seems that you've turned off the option to receive PMs.

Not a problem getting this done for you. I had a cool white rotary a while back and hated the blue tint. I foolishly traded mine, which i wish i never did.

All you need to supply is your light and the 219 on a 10MM board from illuminationsupply.

I can get it sent back to you within 1-2 days.

price is $35 + return shipping.

thanks,
jake

Sorry about that... I updated my email and was locked out of here for about a day waiting on the confirmation email. PM sent.

siwyoung

Newly Enlightened
Hey Jake,

I'm a newbie to the board, just joined today. I've been interested in obtaining a sturdy LED flashlight that is clicky, has multiple output settings, and has the highest CRI possible. I bought a Peak Logan with the Nichia 219 a month ago. Really like the output, but it's very inconvenient for my needs since you have to rotate it with pretty much two hands to get it to the right setting. I'm an oral surgery resident and I spend a lot of time looking in people's mouths, with one hand holding an instrument, and the other hand holding a flashlight haha...

It looks like the HDS Rotary is also a great light, but it doesn't come with the Nichia 219 and after e-mailing Henry at HDS and Craig at Illumination Supply, it doesn't look like the HDS Rotary will come stock with the Nichia 219 anytime soon.

I put in the words HDS and Nichia 219 and your name came up multiple times because of this thread. Can't PM you because I just joined the forum, but wanted to ask you about the mod. I saw that you like your customers to put the Nichia 219 from Illumination supply and then ship you the LED along with the HDS flashlight. Just wondering if it matters which HDS light I buy, for you to mod it correctly?

Cheers,

Simon

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks Jake Light is on it's way, really looking forward to a 219 in my Clickie :goodjob:

Norm
Wow it's back it's everything I was hoping for, I have other 219 lights and this is the nicest so far all the joy of a HDS 140 now with the Nichia 219 a perfect combination.

:thanks: Jake :goodjob:

Cheers Norm

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Hey jake i sent you a pm a few days ago about a mod on my hds. Havent heard back from you.

veedo

Newly Enlightened
Seems like the xpg2 would go nice in a hds, anyone try it?

jake royston

Enlightened
nabu5aha.jpg

First mod using the new XP-G2 LED, on my personal Jetbeam TC-R2.

RobME

Newly Enlightened
PM sent for an HDS mod. No rush at all, but I'm lookin' forward to hearing back from you. :)