Now offering: HDS, Nitecore, and Novatac mods

flat-ray

Enlightened
I am waiting a Novatac Storm. Can you upgrade it with a Nichia219 or XPG-R2 warm white?
Does it accept a 10 mm pcb? Can you supply one of this LED?

Zman

Enlightened
I've been off the scene for a while, but have some original legacy HDS, B60, Ultimate 42. What does it cost to mod these, and can you (or anyone) give me hints as to what are the modern led options? I see people talking Nichia 219, XPG, XPE? What are the benefits, etc?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zman.
Nichia 219 is a relatively efficient neutral white led. Same size as the cree xp series led
Xpg has been around for a while. Improved efficiency over the xpe and xre leds. Xpg2 is new and improved. Offers better output than the xpg and more throw to boot.
Xpe will give absolute best throw and the tightest beam.

All are leaps and bounds better in efficiency than the old luxeon leds in your hds. So youll see a big improvement in output. Forward voltages should be lower as well so you may see a slight improvement in run time.

haribo

Newly Enlightened
Apparently you have exceeded you stored private messages.
Jake, if you want we can exchange via email.

GMoney

Newly Enlightened
I got my HDS modded with an XPG2 back from Jake yesterday. LED is perfectly centered and beam is great. Thank you Jake!

cbdudley

Enlightened
I have an older HDS light (Ultimate 60) that I would like to upgrade to a 219 if possible. What would be the cost for this? Also, have you modded a Surefire Titan T1A? I love the user interface on mine, but can't stand the angry blue tint.

PsychRN

Newly Enlightened
NEEDED: HDS, Nitecore, and Novatac mods

Glad you found Jake's thread,FateOn3! :twothumbs
Sorry I wasn't much help.
Not here much, and lost track....Was delighted when I got 'email notification' that you had posted here!

Jake:
Recently bought an HDS 170T & a Novatac 120P from a buddy.
The 120P has one of your Nichia 219's in it....:cool: I freakinLOVE it!

The 170T is bone-stock, except the sapphire lens upgrade.
Do you have time to convert it to a Nichia 219, also, please?

Will be 25Jan before I work off & can send it in.
Thanx!

~PsychRN :devil: over here; aka: Gnarly, elsewhere!

Fate0n3

Newly Enlightened
Thank you big time Gnarly for taking the time to pointing me in the correct direction. I have sent a PM waiting to hear back now. Thanks big time hope to hear from him soon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Heys Jake:)

Just a big thanks to you for modding 2 X HDS to the Nichia 219, and making the effort to deal with us in Sydney Oz! The tint on the nichia 219, with the body and interface of an HDS, is just perfection!

Thanks heaps mate!