Nuwai Q3 Changes

Gasguy

Newly Enlightened
I carried mine in the original pouch for about a week at work. The cheezy nylon shredded and frayed, not good. I found the nylon pouch for a leatherman supertool 200 fits like it was made for it, however my supertool 200 would feel naked before to long. I carried this way it until I ordered a countycom innova pouch (from countycom of course). With the innova pouch I am able to carry a extra battery wrapped once with electrical tape and tucked sideways to the bottom of the carry pouch. I believe it was $5 and found in the tactical nylon section,very good quality. There is a larger pouch that fits pistol magazines ect and is very good quality also if your looking for something durable and affordable along that lines. If your looking to use a supertool 200 pouch, they are $10, I think from the leatherman web site. Or if you found a ripoff pouch for the innova im sure it would work just as well with a little storage area for a spare.

Haz

Enlightened
I have a Q3 bought a few months ago, and finally the first battery went flat. I've been waiting for this to happen because i was waiting to see whether when the battery is low, it goes to "moon mode". However, it didn't, it just went to total darkness. When i clicked it on again, it just bright for a split second, and went to darkness again. I remember this being mention before too. Quickbeam's review suggest that his Q3 was able to dip down into moon mode for another 1.5 hours.
Does anyone know whether the new changes in the Q3 has moon mode?

Haz

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haz said:
I have a Q3 bought a few months ago, and finally the first battery went flat. I've been waiting for this to happen because i was waiting to see whether when the battery is low, it goes to "moon mode". However, it didn't, it just went to total darkness. When i clicked it on again, it just bright for a split second, and went to darkness again. I remember this being mention before too. Quickbeam's review suggest that his Q3 was able to dip down into moon mode for another 1.5 hours.
Does anyone know whether the new changes in the Q3 has moon mode?

Haz

No, that's not due to the circuit, but rather due to the Luxeon Lottery which has now become synonymous with the Q-III; depending on the bin of the LuxIII in your light, it may either go into moon mode (if the Vf of the LED is low enough) or just shut down right away (if the Vf is high) if the voltage drops below the point where the boost circuit in the Q-III can operate.