• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters; Complete Listing; New designs and Clearance Sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
SF M6 2×18650 :takeit:

Is sending out to Japan possible?

Thank you very much.
E-J-J

Hello E-J-J,

That shouldn't be a problem, unless there is something I don't know about Japan? (a trade embargo against custom battery adapters? per chance?) lol.

Eric

E-J-J

Enlightened
:paypal:

Thank you!
3x17670 for SureFire M6 ×1
2x18650 for SureFire M6 ×1

2 pieces in total

My best regards.
E-J-J

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Eric. How is pizza? :p

I still have your first generation battery holder, they are nice and durable i am still using it. Nice to know it keep getting better. Will order when the need arise :)

Is it possible to build a 3S2P 18650 holder/carrier for HID spotlight? or is it going to be too pricey for prototyping just a single unit?

Cheers
Rizki

mdocod

Flashaholic
iso9009,
E-J-J,
737mech,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You!

-------------------

Hello Rizki,

Pizza is pretty good still :)

As for custom adapters like that:

Almost anything is possible, and given the tooling I now have available for projects like this, more of those "possible" things happen to be things I can do. (there are still things that I either can't or won't attempt, like trying to put 180mm worth of cells into a 120mm space, lol).

I average doing about 2-3 custom adapters in a given month in-between other work and regular adapter building. They tend to be very time consuming (3-6+ hours each) so I have been steadily increasing the price structure that I work in for them, especially as my pay rate opportunities elsewhere in life have been increasing as well.

Let me put it this way:
Is it too pricey? That would be for the customer to decide :)

If you'd like to explore the option I'm happy to talk it over with you and see what you had in mind. Throw me a PM.

Eric

ldmaster

Newly Enlightened
Fellow Coloradoaniteoid

Hi!

Geez, only a few miles away...

I was interested in the AA battery mod pack for a 3 cell maglite - have a few parts laying around - and itching to drill and file to fit something into the casing.

I was also wondering if you'd like to tackle a mod to the surefire Foreend on my AR - M500ab, since some 2nd rate 123a's melted it a bit I've been wondering if someone makes an LED mod, but haven't found one yet.

Jim
ldmaster at msn dot com
Aurora, CO

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: Fellow Coloradoaniteoid

LightAndMagic,

Order Shipped!

Thank You,

----------

Hi Jim,

Welcome to CPF!

Let me know what specific configuration you had in mind for your mag, and what specific host it is.

If I understand surefire products correctly, that foreend should be a M series head like the millennium turbo head correct?
Assuming that is true, have you seen these:
http://lumensfactory.com/cart.php?cat_id=11&sub_cat_id=9

(look at the single mode P7 Seraph head there).

That might be your LED solution. As for further modifications to the foreend, I don't know how much help I could be if it is damaged.

You aren't far away at all really, I'm actually in black forest! Not many Colorado CPFers but always good to see another!

Eric

DeLighted

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Is the diameter on the 3x17670 for SureFire M6 the same as a "D" cell. I was looking to have a Mag D tri-bored? If not what diameter is the body?:thinking:

Thanks,
Kent

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello Kent,

The 3x17670 adapter for the M6 will not work in a mag body for the following reasons:

1. different contacts won't work with mag springs.
2. made from 1.375" diameter rod stock, (mag body is about 1.33" inside).

-----

I can do a custom adapter for you if you are interested, Prices start at $50-60 for most smaller one-off customs. PM me if you are interested and we can discuss the finer details about the host and how much room I'll need to work with.

Thank You,
Eric

malojie

Newly Enlightened
recieved my ........:cool: custom 4x14670 holder in the uk, gave Eric the measurements, fitted perfect:twothumbs flawless work on a holder i needed very professional
thanks Eric :thumbsup:

CaLux

Newly Enlightened
HI Eric,

If 9AA to 3D Adapter still available?

I may try my first order.

regards

Calux

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello Dan,

I'm not making a 12AA>3D at this time. I have had many requests though and continue to research a good way to do a series design that is robust and reliable without any risk of shorting.

----

Hi Calux,

As listed in the OP of this thread, I still have the previous generation flat-top/button-top compatible 9AA adapters available and on clearance pricing. If you are interested in the latest version, I will have about 10 listed for sale sometime in the next week or so when I get them wrapped up. The new version follow the same design principle as pictured in the newly designed 6AA adapters listed above. The new design is remarkably robust and provides a good balance between ease of cell loading and removal with good cell retention. The price on the updated version will run about $40 plus shipping and handling.

---

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.