• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters; Complete Listing; New designs and Clearance Sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLux

Newly Enlightened
9AA to 3D adapter received, thank you

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, nice offferings. Thank you for offering those. :)

I am interested in the 9AA to 3D battery adapter. A few questions:

a) Diameter
- Are the plastic spacers the same diameter as an "official" D cell, or something else?
- Is the final diameter mostly dependent on the adapter or the AA cells?

b) Payment
- Can you accept a money order instead of paypal?

c) Length
- I assume all of those neat adapter ends make them the right length for a 3X D replacement?

edit - another question

d) Is the 9AA x 3D one listed considered the "older design" that will be replaced, or is this the "upgraded" version like the smaller verion?

Thanks a lot.

Harry

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi Harry,

Let me try to answer these questions for you!

Hi, nice offferings. Thank you for offering those. :)

I am interested in the 9AA to 3D battery adapter. A few questions:

a) Diameter
- Are the plastic spacers the same diameter as an "official" D cell, or something else?
- Is the final diameter mostly dependent on the adapter or the AA cells?

The diameter of the plastic used for these is 1.25", or about 31.75mm. The diameter of a D cell is more like 32mm, the adapter design here puts the AA cells out to a diameter of about 33mm, which fits comfortably but with minimal play in a stock D cell mag. The cells do hang out over the outside of the adapter itself slightly.

b) Payment
- Can you accept a money order instead of paypal?
I can accept PayPal (which can be used for credit cards or bank transfers etc), wire transfer, check, money order, cash, motor oil, gold, gasoline.... Whatever floats your boat. I prefer paypal because it makes it easier to keep records (they do it for me), but if you'd like to mail a check or money order, just PM me and we'll get that arranged.

c) Length
- I assume all of those neat adapter ends make them the right length for a 3X D replacement?

The length from the tip of the positive contact to the negative contact of the adapter is designed to be +/-2mm of the length of 3D cells end to end. Small variations are made up for in the mag spring. The threaded rod and nut that holds the unit together protrudes beyond this length and is intended to ride down inside the mag spring without interference.

edit - another question

d) Is the 9AA x 3D one listed considered the "older design" that will be replaced, or is this the "upgraded" version like the smaller verion?

Thanks a lot.

Harry
The models listed above that are on "clearance" sale are older designs that I am trying to clear out. I am in the proccess of building a batch of 9AA adapters that will share design philosophy with the "new design" 6AA adapter pictured above, but they are not available yet. Time frame is a little iffy at this time because I have just taken on a very large custom order.

The "new design" 9AA adapters will be $40 each.

Thank you for your interest,
Eric

mdocod

Flashaholic
Tmad,

Order shipped out earlier today!

Thank you!

-----

WHT GE8,

Your order should ship out either 5/18 or 5/19.

Thank you!

-----

Eric

Popsiclestix

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for 9AA > 3D ~10.8V, for flat top or button top cells ($27)

+

$5 shipping

Thx,

Popsiclestix

mdocod

Flashaholic
Popsicklestix,

Order shipped out yesterday!

Thank You!

------

signal 13,
jdriller,