• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters, Parts etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Will [wquiles]

Your order shipped out yesterday morning.. :)

--------------------------

I think I have pretty much decided on a design for the 6AA and longer adapters for 3 abreast configurations. I'm going to spend some time today experimenting with 4 abreast builds as this has been something I have had requests for constantly, for quite some time now.

Eric

wquiles

Flashaholic
Will [wquiles]

Your order shipped out yesterday morning.. :)

--------------------------

I think I have pretty much decided on a design for the 6AA and longer adapters for 3 abreast configurations. I'm going to spend some time today experimenting with 4 abreast builds as this has been something I have had requests for constantly, for quite some time now.

Eric

I am working on a couple of complete 1xD lights, one being a birthday present for a good friend of mine, and they will use your 3xAA adapters ;)

Will

geek4christ

Enlightened
The new models do look really nice :goodjob:

I'm actually getting a little mod-happy myself and would like to get a 6AA -> 2D adapter from you when you get them finished.

Also (and I know you mentioned this in AlanB's thread, but) it would be really cool to have a 6AA -> 2D adapter that provided a 3s2p configuration. While you're at it working your Odd magic, you know.

jaybiz32

Enlightened
How about a 6 cell holder to power AW IMR 18500 cells in series to put in a quad bored mag.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Eric,

Your holders are very special in that they are very short, compared to other battery holders. So I will be offering a special 1xD package/option to match your holders, so instead of being the "1xD", it will be the "mdocod" special:

- short 1xD => 1x0.75D
- spring seat deep in the tailcap
- switch modded for flat cells for even better contact

The spring will seat deep, like the one here in the left:
dscf4786.jpg

Here is the short "mdocod" body, next to a regular "D" cell and your 3xAA adapter:
dscf4794.jpg

Here is how the "D" cells fits the short body:
dscf4795.jpg

Here is how your 3xAA adapter fits in the short body:
dscf4796.jpg

Here from left to right: "mdocod" body, short 1xD (for FM 4xAA adapters), standard 1xD (all battery combos, depending on spring used):
dscf4797.jpg

Thanks for making possible the shortest "D" size mag available today ;)

Will

Lummox

Newly Enlightened
How long until the next batch of 9AA--> 3D cell 10.8V will be available? Can I pre-order, and if so, what will the new price + Shipping to Seattle be?

Klaus

mdocod

Flashaholic
Eric,

Your holders are very special in that they are very short, compared to other battery holders. So I will be offering a special 1xD package/option to match your holders, so instead of being the "1xD", it will be the "mdocod" special:

Thanks for making possible the shortest "D" size mag available today ;)

Will

Thank You Will!

That's very cool!!! I'm flattered :)

Actually, they still aren't as short as an actual D cell, but darn close to it (usually within a few mm). Which makes them shorter than any other offering that is maintaining low resistance. I'll definitely continue to make these. I'm amazed at how much demand there is for them. The New machine makes it more practical to crank em out :)

Thanks Will,

-Eric

-------------------

PS[to all]: On a side note, I should have a batch of 6xAA adapters ready to ship here within the next few days. I'm still getting used to the procedure for doing "runs" on this machine, so it'll take me some time before I get faster. I'm working on a budget quick-tool change concept that will help dramatically. Hopefully I'll get rolling on that soon....

-Eric

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now how did I miss this???

Although presently I have no interest in an adaptor, I wish you good luck and great many designs

Danimal

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,

I like to have

1x "6AA > 2D ~7.2V"Adapter

32 USD + 4 USD Shipping(international) = 36 USD

:paypal:Paypal sent. Thanks.

mdocod

Flashaholic
How about a 6 cell holder to power AW IMR 18500 cells in series to put in a quad bored mag.

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner....

The Dual or Quad bore on the host would have to be ~37.5mm across to fit. I believe it is possible though.

I have been working on some side-by-side designs for mags, so far so good, I can't imagine why the design elements of the adapters I have going for that couldn't be adapted to an 18mm cell size. I'm not sure what demand there would be for them on a large scale, but I'd certainly consider a custom job.

-Eric

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow nice that you updated and improved upon the first version. Looking forward to get the 9AA->3D version.

sylathnie

Enlightened
:poke:
These look great!
Would this new machine be able to make a long flat series adapter? I'm looking for maybe 12S 18650 or 12S RCR123A (Adjustable maybe). This would primarily be used as a charging/balancing rig for my larger hotwires.
Something like this:
+ - + - + - + - + - + -
| | | | | | | | | | | |
- + - + - + - + _ + _ +
:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.