• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters, Parts etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris23

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for 1 6AA to 2D + 3 USD for shipping within US

total: $35

:thumbsup:

4Ever

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

:paypal:for:
3x6AA to 2D $32 each
$4 plus $3.75 for international shipping

Total $103.75

Best Regards

exodus125

Enlightened
let me have one of them fancy contraptions then. I will take a 6AA to 2D adapter.

paypal payment sent for (1) 6AA to 2D Adapter
$35 total

Last edited:

kris23

Newly Enlightened
hey Eric,

item received and i just like to say thank you for such a great product!

my mag 2D 5761 is absolutely amazing with this adapter! :faint:

keep em coming! you've definitely earned my future business! :thumbsup:

exodus125

Enlightened
I got my 6AA to 2D adapter yesterday in the mail.

The construction is A+
Looks a lot better than I could hope for. Very well made.

I stuck it inside my 2D mag with a malkoff 4-6D drop in, and WOW. I don't think ive seen that bulb shine as good as it was shinning last night. The next time I need another one, im ordering another one from him with absolutely no doubts I am getting the best bang for your buck. They are priced right and very well made.

My biggest concern was taking the batteries in an out to recharge (i only have the eneloop stock charger) but the design makes it super easy to change the batteries, once the nut is loosened the batteries all just come out. Very good work Mdocod. :poke:

Lummox

Newly Enlightened
Any update on the 9aa to 3d's yet? I have paypal in my bookmarks bar just waiting....

Lummox

mdocod

Flashaholic
Any update on the 9aa to 3d's yet? I have paypal in my bookmarks bar just waiting....

Lummox

Funny you ask....

Check the OP of this post, I just updated it a few minutes ago with sales information for a small batch of 9AA adapters.

:)

-Eric

Lummox

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
Order placed-

1x 9AA to 3D converter, please!
$34.00 plus $3.00 shipping! Looking forward to it, if you couldn't tell!

Lummox

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Hello there. I'm currently trying to hammer out what kind of power source to use for a 2D sized Mag623 build. Is it a ludicrous idea to have an adapter like one of yours configured to hold 12 2/3 elite 1500 mAH cells? I currently have the 6AA>2D battery holder from the Shoppe which FM told me was a bad idea. I'm guessing I will get the same answer, I'm just trying to figure out any possible power solutions.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello supasizefries,

The most common way to do the 2D build with the 2/3A cells is to have a welded pack assembled and shrink-wrapped. CPF member Luxluthor used to make many packs like that, I'm not sure if he is still doing it or not though.

An "adapter" for those cells isn't entirely out of the question, but I don't think it could be made to fit into a 2D mag, 2.5D would be about the shortest length possible with an adapter involved. At this time, I have not designed an adapter for "A" cells in this configuration, but do have the materials and tooling to make such a product without much trouble I believe. Keep in mind the host has to be bored to fit 3 "A" diameter cells abreast.

-Eric

supasizefries

Enlightened
Mdocod,

Thanks for your insight and advice. I forgot to account for the extra length due to the adapter ends themselves. I am planning on getting my host tri-bored after I can find a power source. Maybe If I can't find a power source for my 2D, I'll get a 3D and cut it down to size to fit the hypothetical adapter you spoke of. I'd rather not buy another Maglite since I already have a stripped 2D host. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.