Olight M20SX and SR90: Will these work?

djdavis75

Newly Enlightened
I've been researching and reading about flashlights a lot the last week. I have two picked out, just wondering if they will work for what I need. So hope I'm not way off topic in the recommendation forum.

Olight M20SX: Plan on using this one for EDC. For vehicle break downs, maybe to shine around the yard (up to 50 yards), into the edges of my pasture, or inside during a blackout. It seems the light has decent spill with still a bit of throw. So do you think this will work for my uses?

Olight SR90: I need something bright with lots of throw to be able to see around my pasture at night. It would typically be used at ranges of up to 300 yards. I want something bright enough I can clearly identify people, animals, etc... at 300 yards and sometimes even beyond that distance.

As far as price range, these two lights are pretty much breaking my bank. So I can not go with anything more expensive. Thanks for any help.

awenta

Enlightened
How about one light for both? DEFT EDC-LR? You can use the diffuser for shorter distances too. Although it might be excessive for working on a car.

A Dereelight DBS? And a head lamp or other light for up close. Still cheaper than the SR90.

awenta

Enlightened
Or get an Elektrolumens EDC/HDS Ra and the standard DEFT EDC.

Are size, runtime, and battery type big factors?