Olight SR95 (SST-90) & SR95UT (SBT-90) Review: RUNTIMES, OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

rufus001

Enlightened
Re: Olight SR95 (SST-90) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

It turns out I wont need the SR95 after all. As my TN31 pumps out more lux at 1m than my SR90!! I don't know whether to be happy I have a "special" TN31 or sad I only discovered it was special after buying the SR90. :huh:

jfl

Newly Enlightened

It turns out I wont need the SR95 after all. As my TN31 pumps out more lux at 1m than my SR90!! I don't know whether to be happy I have a "special" TN31 or sad I only discovered it was special after buying the SR90. :huh:

I'm really curious - how many lux at 1m does your TN31 generate?

rufus001

Enlightened

I'm really curious - how many lux at 1m does your TN31 generate?

111861 calculating back from 6.4 metres. 101171 for sr90. My m3c4, tc40, tm11 are all pretty much in line with selfbuilt's measurements as is the sr90. My tn30 is only 27000 compared to his 40250 though. Tempted to venture outside and try the big 2 at longer but its 140am. I live in a built-up area, and there's no-one to help. :thinking:

kj2

Flashaholic

111861 calculating back from 6.4 metres. 101171 for sr90. My m3c4, tc40, tm11 are all pretty much in line with selfbuilt's measurements as is the sr90. My tn30 is only 27000 compared to his 40250 though. Tempted to venture outside and try the big 2 at longer but its 140am. I live in a built-up area, and there's no-one to help. :thinking:
Do hope, that the SR95 UT will be brighter (and throw further) than the TN31. TN31 is less expensive, and according Thrunite it throws around 700meters- almost as much as the UT.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

has anyone seen where to preorder the sr95ut? ive only seen going gear taking orders so far

it might be hard to get one of these since they are limited

kj2

Flashaholic

has anyone seen where to preorder the sr95ut? ive only seen going gear taking orders so far

it might be hard to get one of these since they are limited
I pre-ordered the UT, but not at going gear.

rufus001

Enlightened

Do hope, that the SR95 UT will be brighter (and throw further) than the TN31. TN31 is less expensive, and according Thrunite it throws around 700meters- almost as much as the UT.

Just did another test at 16 metres and you are definitely getting a good 660 to 670 metres with the tn31. You are paying dearly for the extra 100 metres of the UT. At least the s90 and the sr95 will have a bigger spill and hotspot to justify the weight/cost. Not sure about the UT.

kj2

Flashaholic

Just did another test at 16 metres and you are definitely getting a good 660 to 670 metres with the tn31. You are paying dearly for the extra 100 metres of the UT. At least the s90 and the sr95 will have a bigger spill and hotspot to justify the weight/cost. Not sure about the UT.
SR-series always have been (very)expensive. SR95(-UT) is no exception. I only hope, that the numbers Olight claims, are true. And not that Olight says it will throw 820meters, but in-real-life it will only throw 650 or less...
Hopefully there will come soon, some more pics (or video) of the throw,beam and spill of both SR95 lights. For now, we can only guess how it will look.

Kinda weird. pre-ordering a light, but having no clue about how it throw, how it looks.. :thinking:

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

SR-series always have been (very)expensive. SR95(-UT) is no exception. I only hope, that the numbers Olight claims, are true. And not that Olight says it will throw 820meters, but in-real-life it will only throw 650 or less...
Hopefully there will come soon, some more pics (or video) of the throw,beam and spill of both SR95 lights. For now, we can only guess how it will look.

Kinda weird. pre-ordering a light, but having no clue about how it throw, how it looks.. :thinking:

yeah, i am going to wait, even if i have to hunt for a used one in the market place in the future... i just spent 300 on a sr90 to dedome and 80 on a dry 3 xml

yliu

Enlightened

I love the design of the heat sink!

I'm disappointed that Olight haven't made the light completely waterproof, IPX6 rating:(

brightnorm

Flashaholic

...;)
Of course, you are talking to a guy that still uses a pocket light on a ~80 lumen output mode with a diffuser for walking the dog ... :whistle:
Yes, but what light is the dog carrying? :)

Brightnorm

PS: What of the possibility of a TM11 Tiny Monster-type body (4x18650) for a shorter light with longer runtime, or would that reduce heatsinking ability?

PPS: Excellent review (as usual)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

yeah, i am going to wait, even if i have to hunt for a used one in the market place in the future... i just spent 300 on a sr90 to dedome and 80 on a dry 3 xml

I take my chances. Still have 7days to return it, if I don't like it. -it's a big/expensive gamble, but if it comes out right, I'm one happy dude :)
And if de-dome-ing is going wrong, than you are screwed :oops:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Great review....along with every other review you've ever done! I really enjoy your work buddy!

It seems from the pictures that the SR90's reflector finish is nearly immaculate and my own SR90 example mirrors what I'm seeing in your photos. The SR95 reflector (appears) to be a bit more random and not as smooth.

Your thoughts on the surface quality of the reflector vs the SR90?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

It seems from the pictures that the SR90's reflector finish is nearly immaculate and my own SR90 example mirrors what I'm seeing in your photos. The SR95 reflector (appears) to be a bit more random and not as smooth. Your thoughts on the surface quality of the reflector vs the SR90?
It is definitely different. The SR95 has a slightly "fuzzy" appearance, and this seems uniform across its surface. The effect is subtle though, so your initial reaction to the SR95 reflector would be to say is is "smooth". It is only in comparison to the SR90 that you realize is "less smooth". :rolleyes:

It is definitely not traditional orange-peel texturing. If anything, it may be a very fine set of concentric rings - hard to say. I guess we'll have to wait until others get theres and compare.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Just a quick update to say I hope to do outdoor beamshots within a week or so. I have a few other high output lights en route to me, and will head out to my usual location once they all arrive.

Stay tuned! :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

and what other goodies might you have enroute?!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

and what other goodies might you have enroute?!
I don't normally discuss it ahead of time (in case there are issues/delays, etc.). Plus I don't want to be busy fielding tons of PMs instead of actually working on the reviews, lol.

But in this case, the manufacturers have already let it be known for a few lights. I will be working on the Spark SL6 and Crelant 7G9 and 7G5-V2 collimator head. Also another unannounced high output light from another manufacturer ... :whistle:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just when i thought i was paying off my credit card lol

kj2

Flashaholic

I don't normally discuss it ahead of time (in case there are issues/delays, etc.). Plus I don't want to be busy fielding tons of PMs instead of actually working on the reviews, lol.

But in this case, the manufacturers have already let it be known for a few lights. I will be working on the Spark SL6 and Crelant 7G9 and 7G5-V2 collimator head. Also another unannounced high output light from another manufacturer ... :whistle:

Hope you let us soon know, what it is :)
Would like to have that- "inside" info from a manufacturer before the consumer knows :D -playing with lights, that aren't on the market yet.

Latest posts