Options for budget pure self-defense strobe flashlight, almost no other priority, at least 2000 lumen.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, irrelevant, we are talking about urban legend here.

Everyone knows 1/3 of a dollar is more than 1/4 of a dollar.

You have far too much faith, if you believe the "average" human has any common sense.

Back to the burger weight thing, I gotta admit, a large percentage of today's younger generation is stupid when it comes to math, and I blame the schools. I ordered three quarters of a pound of lunch meat at Walmart. The girl gave me like 2 slices. I said no, three fourths of a pound. She stared blankly at me. I said ok, point seven five on your digital scale. Still, blank stare. I said, "just give me a pound of it".
I once informed a guy (in his 50s) his height was 69 inches. He vehemently argued with me that he was NOT 69 inches, he was FIVE FEET NINE INCHES.

I did the math with him: 12 inches per foot, times 5 equals 60, plus 9 equals 69. He stormed out screaming and yelling that the measurement was wrong.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once informed a guy (in his 50s) his height was 69 inches. He vehemently argued with me that he was NOT 69 inches, he was FIVE FEET NINE INCHES.

I did the math with him: 12 inches per foot, times 5 equals 60, plus 9 equals 69. He stormed out screaming and yelling that the measurement was wrong.
Sounded like the guy had either some mental issues, or was busting your balls, lol.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
My name is Paul
And that's between yall.

I'm just sayin op is the real deal when it comes to seeing deadly situations first hand.

Thank you

There's too many bulls in this pen. :unsure:

Gentlemen, please shake hands and return to your corners. :coffee: It's time to have a coffee break, and calm down a bit.

Coffee ALWAYS makes things better! :D

I was out of line yesterday

I was having a bad day and instead of just passing the thread by, I decided to engage

My mistake, and I apologize

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_0867.jpeg

James9000

Newly Enlightened
I decided to return, I was moved by compassion, I couldn't leave you all like lost sheep starved of intellectual input.

Going back to the discussion all I'm saying is let's do further experimentation on the blinding effectiveness or not the flashlights in self defence situations.

It seemed to be simply to groups here, one that is convinced absolutely, that flashlights are uneffective , and the other group, that there might only be me in, says, let's actually put it to the test and investigate any practical experiments to measure the effectiveness or not.

I invite anyone who does any martial arts and boxing sparring to perhaps do some sort of experimentation to see if it is possible to see blows coming at you while been blinded by flashlight. I just think it be interesting if anyone's up for it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like your goal is not to learn anything, but to throw a gasoline at the fire, and fan the flames.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I invite anyone who does any martial arts and boxing sparring to perhaps do some sort of experimentation to see if it is possible to see blows coming at you while been blinded by flashlight.
that would be all of us

StillHere

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. This is a relevant thread for me (and my first post) because I joined CPF to originally ask for opinions on what model/s of lights would fit my specific criteria for EDC with a focus on self defence. I have real world experience using such items in the past and am comfortable that I understand the various use scenarios from having a light for purely EDC lighting purposes to the "hopefully never" ability to be used for self defence.

As it goes, approval of my CPF membership took a couple of weeks and in the mean time a friend recommended the Olight Warrior 3S which he has and likes. Although I've found from research that many people seem to hate on the Olight brand (which I can understand from some of their frivolous marketing if nothing else), my friend's recommendation and the claimed features were good enough for me to go ahead and buy one.

The light I received seem seems pretty rugged and has the basic features I was looking for. Although not exactly perfect in what I would have wanted for the self-defence aspect, it's very close. The packaging also came with a small keyring bonus light which is quite nice and more practical to get out for short tasks.

So to summarize: While there may be higher quality lights and/or others with features that would better fit the overall criteria for my specific envisioned use, I'm happy the search is over (for now) as it was a bit of a minefield trying to find something that ticked a lot of boxes relative to what I wanted.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have real world experience using such items in the past and am comfortable that I understand the various use scenarios from having a light for purely EDC lighting purposes to the "hopefully never" ability to be used for self defence.
Great, first one with real world experience, tell us more, we want to know all the details, how the assaults were initiated, what the assailant reaction was to a light, how many people attacked you, what was the time of day, what were your actions, have you reported it, how did police react to you using a weapon for self defense? please let us know all the details.

oh, btw I'm 99.9% positive you are Lames 9000 who opened a second account, lol

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially since your name is still here and listed in the UK. Wow. In all seriousness good luck to you mr james. I hope your olight serves you well in your endeavors. Take care and stay away from bad areas.

StillHere

Newly Enlightened
No need for the toxic reply alpg88, you picked out one part of a sentence from my post which was not in any way that I can see provocative and disregarding everything else I wrote have decided you have to be nasty regardless if I am whomever you believe I am or not. Is that how you treat people in person?

I believe civility is a better option with most people than ramping up unnecessary aggression so I'm willing to put my actions where my words are as follows. How about we start again and I'll introduce myself by my first name which is Rob. I can offer if you wish to give you a call at my expense so can we discuss whatever you wish about my experiences. PM me your number and I'll give you a ring. I'll answer all your questions without hesitation.

Furthermore, if you unfortunately do not wish to have a chat, maybe it will help if I answer a little regrading your questions about the details of any incidents and whether the police react to my using a weapon for self defense, The answer is it was more than once and I'm pretty sure my police colleagues in the UK were just fine with that.

May this find you well and I look forward to our chat.

Cheers,
Rob

PS: If you prefer to have a chat on Discord I can give you my ID for a chat.

Last edited:

StillHere

Newly Enlightened
Especially since your name is still here and listed in the UK. Wow. In all seriousness good luck to you mr james. I hope your olight serves you well in your endeavors. Take care and stay away from bad areas.
Hi, "still here" is a quote from something our late Queen said once. At least you are not as toxic as the last reply, but the offer I wrote in my last post equally applies for you if interested. I don't really feel the need to prove anything to people, but I will do so out of courteousness if people think I am someone else.