Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

All I see these days are the Panasonic Eneloop Pros...

The Sanyo Eneloop Pros appear to be all sold out.

Edit: I missed the point of your post. After your explanation below, I now I understand that you wanted to show the different packaging for the same battery, not the latest packaging. Sorry.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

I know, i just showed the 2nd gen. XX .. with the different numbers.
When I first saw 2550mAh, I was shocked because I thought they were fakes. Because since a while eneloop only showed Min.mAh, but China still shows the typ.mAh.
So it will help when people come to this thread asking about eneloops with 2550mAh, that they know they are the same.

China also called the first generation XX, HR-3UWXA, while everywhere else they don't have an A at the end, just UWX.
edit: it seems that these were also selling in the US (June 2015)

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got two 8 packs of Glitters, each pack dated 09/12 off of WOOT.com for $37 shipped, with two cheap dumb chargers, one per pack.

They look neat. I haven't opened them yet, to check the date codes on each battery, but I basically got two sets for the price of one, going by what the Glitters are selling for on Ebay.

Chris

krisvm

Newly Enlightened

Hey Guys,
I need approximately 40AA and 10AAA rechargeable batteries, would like latest gen, good quality rechargeables, a charger and a multimeter.
Suggestions and where to buy please?
Cheers,
kris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Guys,
I need approximately 40AA and 10AAA rechargeable batteries, would like latest gen, good quality rechargeables, a charger and a multimeter.
Suggestions and where to buy please?
Cheers,
kris

Where do you live, bra?

If you're in the States, Target is blowing out their Duracell branded 'white top' Gen II Duraloops for $3.65 pack of 4 AA, or AAA, before tax. These are Gen II Eneloops, FWIW.

Get a boatload of them before they're all gone and pick up a Maha C9000 with all the money you just saved.

You're welcome.

Chris

krisvm

Newly Enlightened

Sounds like a great deal but I am in Australia - we get hammered here on value. Maha c9000 looks great. Better than Lacrosse BC 1000 hey? Best deal I can find at the moment is Sanyo XX AA for $AU 20 per a 4 pack delivered.

ChibiM

Enlightened

A few new batteries announced, and an 8-pack of Eneloop Pro announced... (first time in eneloop history ;) )
Available from November 29th. Only available in Japan...

Eneloop Glamour: 4 and 8 packs. For the gals among us :p
10053095576_2308dca64a.jpg

Eneloop PRO 8 pack:
10260773016_172fa7ba1e.jpg

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chibi, do you consider adding info on the Duraloops?

SaraAB87

Newly Enlightened
Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

The glamour ones look absolutely gorgeous but I am very satisfied with my regular glitter eneloops. Several friends and relatives have remarked how cool they look without me asking, just when I had to get batteries for a device. Only in Japan would they care about the colors of batteries that you don't see when using devices.... But I can get on the bandwagon with that! Haha

It would be nice if you could get a 4 pack of one color of your choice

We don't have colored batteries in the US the only ones I remember are those pink breast cancer energizer alkalines

Serenity

Newly Enlightened

We need a flashlight made from transparent aluminium to show off all these cool looking Eneloops...

ChibiM

Enlightened

@kosPap, I`m sorry, there is not enough verified information about duraloops, and there is so much unknown information about them, that I don`t want to add them in the overview.. I keep it to real eneloops only for now.

So please don`t start going OFF topic about duraloops in this thread please!

@SaraAB87: There are eneloop tones, and glitter tones available in the US! those are 2nd gen. eneloops...
Once these newer eneloops will come available, I will probably buy a few packs and put them in my sales threads on CPFM . so keep an eye on there!

@Serenity: I`ve heard that before. And I understand. But at the same moment I still like special eneloops ;)

austinios

Newly Enlightened

Hope the rebranding from Sanyo to Panny doesn't bring about a drop in the quality of the Eneloops.

cbm

Newly Enlightened

I didn't even know there were C or D size eneloops. Are they still made?

ChibiM

Enlightened

Yep, still made, and with new wrapper..
See the opening post

mactavish

Newly Enlightened

buba

Newly Enlightened

How many of the various AAA and AA generations are still in production? I ask because I ordered some Std AA eneloops from amazon last month and received batteries labeled as HR-3UTGA (2nd gen) with a manufacture date of 13-06 (June 2013). At least the 2nd gen Std AA's were still being manufactured as of June of 2013 even though Gen 4's are in production.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Good question..I would also like to know, the only assumption I have (we don't need to go into this unless somebody knows the real answer, is that some factories still produce the older, 2nd gen envelope, while at the same time at a different factory they are already producing the 4th generation.
Again, that's just what I assume, not a clear cut answer.. If somebody knows how this works please let us know, I'm not really looking for ideas, theories, dreams or whatever concerning this matter.

ChibiM

Enlightened

For people in Japan, these c and d batteries are only a little more expensive than buying a 4 pack of AA/AAA batteries (without a good quality spacer), so it still has some good benefits for us. A good quality spacer is also a few bucks, so it would only be a little less profitable in the D size battery if you look at total cost, because it having 3 instead of 4 batteries inside.