P1D-CE confiscated ='(

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well...

you are disrupting other people of their chance to study and learn.

but who the hell cares?

just hope you will get it back asap.

rookie

Enlightened
For all you know, she probably thought it was a laser pointer or something like that. It's becoming available a lot more easy these days. Hope things work out well tomorrow. :)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 cents: When I'm in a classroom environment I set my cell phone to silent and pay attention to the instructor. A flashlight or any other EDC item I may have with me are left off and unhandled. Being as old as I am I very much doubt if a teacher would try to confiscate anything from me, and no way would I give them any reason too.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Art Vandelay said:
Jasper (substitute teacher on The Simpsons): "Talking out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Lookin' out the window? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a padddlin'. Paddling the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'."
:whoopin:
Man, I was thinking of that scene yesterday a bunch of times, like very half hour! I love it.

I wore a Leatherman in highschool and never had it taken away. Then again, I never sat at my desk playing with it either.
Are any other of you guys stunned and amazed at the state of schools these days? I graduated high school ten years ago this year, but even my small town school has metal detectors, cops in the hallways, locked doors between classes,and you need to phone ahead permission to come visit teachers. It's damned insane.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ya about 8 years ago everyone here and the town next to us could carry knives on us, but somtimes they would get upset when we left our guns in the gun racks in our trucks.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
gorn said:
Wow, how times have changed. Back when I was in High School nobody carried a flashlight, we all carried Buck folding hunters.

why would you NEED a knife in school? ;)

those days are long gone. Now having a knife-shaped object means a locker search and possible expulsion.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:

those days are long gone. Now having a knife-shaped object means a locker search and possible expulsion.
well all of us were i live are not city boys. we all work out on farms every day after school. we dont work at McDonalds.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
well all of us were i live are not city boys. we all work out on farms every day after school. we dont work at McDonalds.

I said that tongue in cheek. it's a very standard question from others who don't use tools. I carried all through high school and had immunity because I was on the Track and Cross Country team and the athletes were, well, treated differently. Today even the known-character students are subjected to such rules.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
270, as I've written before, that was a different world than the one in which we now live. Then, knives (and guns) were tools and were treated as such.

As far as "needing" a knife -- I can't conceive of being comfortable in not having a blade available to me at any time. And not necessarily as a weapon. Just a lifelong habit, from my childhood farm days, of having the most basic of tools when I need it.

You've again illustrated why so many of us older guys don't really understand the widespread anti-firearm sentiment, particularly from those who don't know anything about them except what they've seen on TV. Seems as if anytime someone says "it's for safety" or "it's for security" or "do it for the kids" any harebrained theory or scheme will be accepted.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
A knife-shaped object? What is shaped like a knife, except a fake knife?

270winchester said:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I need a bigger wink next time. I grew up using tools and was using a chainsaw by the time I was 10. Tools=good. Blaming tools for stupid people=illogical. I think we are on the smae general frequecy.

BIGIRON said:
270, as I've written before, that was a different world than the one in which we now live. Then, knives (and guns) were tools and were treated as such.

As far as "needing" a knife -- I can't conceive of being comfortable in not having a blade available to me at any time. And not necessarily as a weapon. Just a lifelong habit, from my childhood farm days, of having the most basic of tools when I need it.

You've again illustrated why so many of us older guys don't really understand the widespread anti-firearm sentiment, particularly from those who don't know anything about them except what they've seen on TV. Seems as if anytime someone says "it's for safety" or "it's for security" or "do it for the kids" any harebrained theory or scheme will be accepted.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
I said that tongue in cheek. it's a very standard question from others who don't use tools. I carried all through high school and had immunity because I was on the Track and Cross Country team and the athletes were, well, treated differently. Today even the known-character students are subjected to such rules.
well i dont carry a knife into school but i do leave it out in my vehicle when i go in and after school it goes right into my pocket.

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
Woo, got it back today! Now that thing is going to stay off and usually in my pocket unless needed. I've learned my lesson. For the third time, actually. :stupid: :eek:oo: But now I know not to use it even after the work is all over. Bah, I guess I'll save battery life anyways.

WNG

Enlightened
These days, carry a large phillips screwdriver around school and you'll be in deep sh1t.
Besides, it'll set off the metal detectors at the doors.

Maybe the sub thought it was a laser?
You know, like the ones attached to the tops of sharks' heads.
;)

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
MayCooper said:
thats why you need to have it on your keys... no sub will refuse to give your keys back after class...

That's the smartest thing I heard all day, lol...I guess that would explain something about the confiscation (although to me it was still completely unjustfied).