P1D-CE confiscated ='(

Candlestine

Newly Enlightened
And why were you using a device designed to illuminate dark places in the middle of a well lit classroom? :p It's just like a knife, leave it in your pocket until you NEED to use it. We all like playing with our toys, but that should be reserved for when were alone, or with a group of buddies hanging out after school.

I carried a pocket knife in school starting in the 4th grade, never had a problem. In highschool i had a rifle and shotgun in my jeep, no problems. Of course i grew up in a small country town of mostly farmers.

12 years ago i had to fly to California, and i passed securtiy with 2 knifes! A swiss survival knife, and a gerber lockback with a serated edge. TRY THAT NOW!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too many people look for trouble because they're on a power trip or have other emotional issues. These poor souls will invent problems where none exist.

If one cannot take a small light out of one's pocket, even though it isn't disruptive, then PDAs, lipstick, wallets, photos, keys, jump drives, or anything else should be, uniformly, banned from classroom exposure.

The average person doesn't carry a light, therefore, we must harshly discourage those who dare to be prepared and different.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
jayflash said:
Too many people look for trouble because they're on a power trip or have other emotional issues. These poor souls will invent problems where none exist.

If one cannot take a small light out of one's pocket, even though it isn't disruptive, then PDAs, lipstick, wallets, photos, keys, jump drives, or anything else should be, uniformly, banned from classroom exposure.

The average person doesn't carry a light, therefore, we must harshly discourage those who dare to be prepared and different.

PDA's are actually banned in the TDSB, as are any MP3's, cell phones (which are visible), and usually any portable gaming systems (i.e. PSP, Nintendo DS, gameboy, etc). The issue they have is that people KNOW that those items are of high value and therefore the student is a potential victim of theft.