* P60 Flashlight List {host}

big beam

Enlightened
The Cabelas extreme lights series( 2,3+4 cell ) also take P60 drop-ins.At least the ones from DX I have.
DON

Preben

Newly Enlightened
Hmm.... As much as I like Wolf-eyes, I'd remove them from this list. Their drop-ins will fit just fine in most lights intended for P60s (with the extra spring). However, you couldn't possibly fit, for example, one of Dereelight's drop-ins in a Sniper.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Re: * P60 Flashlight List

Here's a couple of cheap ones to add to the list:

Solarforce L2 (From ebay = Solarforce L2 ebay add )

G&P T6

For what it is worth I can back up the Solarforce L2.
The two I ordered arrived today. Put a 17670 in and tried a few dropins.

Surefire P60L = worked fine
Older 3.7 volt incandescent from AW = worked fine
Malkoff Devices Q2 version = worked fine
BOG-USA Cree Q5 = not the best voltage and needed the extra contact spring but worked fine

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just thought I'd confirm a couple of lights from the list.

Today I received a Huntlight FT-01PJ (Luxeon version) and installed a 3SD w/ SMO reflector. Quality switch and solid build.
Note: the FT-01PJ will take most protected 18650, protected 17670 for sure.

Also an UltraFire WF-502D w/ a DX SSC P60 drop-in that will run from (2) 18650 protected cells.
I know its a slightly odd looking light, but should run for hours.

Last edited:

bspofford

Enlightened
+

Just thought I'd confirm a couple of lights from the list.

Today I received a Huntlight FP-01PJ (Luxeon version) and installed a 3SD w/ SMO reflector. Quality switch and solid build.
Note: the FP-01PJ will not take protected 18650, but protected 17670 fine.

Also an UltraFire WF-502D w/ a DX SSC P60 drop-in that will run from (2) 18650 protected cells.
I know its a slightly odd looking light, but should run for hours.

Do you mean Huntlight FT01PJ? I have a number of them, and all my protected 18650 cells (AW, Ultrafire, Trustfire, Battery Junction) fit just fine.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean Huntlight FT01PJ? I have a number of them, and all my protected 18650 cells (AW, Ultrafire, Trustfire, Battery Junction) fit just fine.

+

I meant the FT,..typo.

My protected cells could fit, but I'd have to take the FT apart to get them out, they wouldn't slide out.

No big deal.

bspofford

Enlightened
+

I meant the FT,..typo.

My protected cells could fit, but I'd have to take the FT apart to get them out, they wouldn't slide out.

No big deal.

Maybe you can tune up your cells. Roll them between to boards to align the internal components of the cell. Often they seem wider because the various cylinders are like an old Greek column that has segments that aren't aligned with one another.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you can tune up your cells. Roll them between to boards to align the internal components of the cell. Often they seem wider because the various cylinders are like an old Greek column that has segments that aren't aligned with one another.

+

Thanks, I corrected my post #26....:thumbsup:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire:

G2L, G3L, D2, D3, Z3, 7Z, 9Z, 3P, 3R, 6R, 6PD, 6PL, 6 and probably a few others I can't think of right now, without getting into the more obscure models.

Regards,
Tempest

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, I have an old Brinkmann Legend LX and put in a Wolf-Eyes Q5 drop-in module (after I removed the stock incandescent light). Fits perfectly.

The DX 6090 does NOT fit in the Legend LX. It's just a tad too thick and the reflector sticks out about 2-3mm too much where the lid of the lamphead won't engage the threads.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you should include the D26 standard, and not just the P60 notation in reference to such lamp assemblies.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you should include the D26 standard, and not just the P60 notation in reference to such lamp assemblies.

+

Let me know the light bodies that will take that D26s' Thanks.

bspofford

Enlightened
I suspected that the Romisen RC-E4 might be a P60 light because one photo on DX showed a typical spring arrangement on the undersurface of the detached head. Nobody could confirm this for me, so I ordered one. Yes, it is another P60 host, but it has a few problems. First, the glass doesn't have a retaining ring, so you need to be careful that it doesn't fall out when changing modules. Second, although Romisen reports this light can have upto 160 lumens, the module that shipped with it isn't nearly as bright as the RC-F4 or RC-G4. I even doubt that it hits 100 lumens. Third, an unprotected 18650 cell is snug, and protected cells don't fit. The body has a thick enough wall so that a motivated modder could bore it out. Protected 17670 cells are somewhat loose but work. Fourth, the reverse clicky has a hi > off > low > off sequence using a resistor. This should work fine with one-mode modules, but the switch would probably need to be changed to a single-mode clicky with multimode modules. I wanted a two mode switch for my RC-G4, so I exchanged them and inserted a five-mode module in the E4. Overall, the light just isn't as nice as the Romisen RC-F4, RC-G4, RC-G2 or C3. The SuperFire WF-510B xenon for about $10 at DX is probably a better choice for an economy 2X16340 or 2XCR123A host. The TrustFire TR-C2 for about $17 is probably a better choice for an economy 18650 host.

bspofford

Enlightened
The Romisen RC-M4 also takes P60 modules. It is a one-mode 1X18650 or 2X16340 host, but I do not know if it takes protected 18650 cells. I also do not know if it has a retaining ring holding the glass in place. The RC-E4 glass is loose.

I have also found that many P60 modules are tight in the RC-E4 and have to be pushed out from below. Today I inserted a new one-mode MTE Q5 (<$10), and it fits perfectly. The resistor in the switch makes this configuration a two-mode light.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Romisen RC-M4 also takes P60 modules. It is a one-mode 1X18650 or 2X16340 host, but I do not know if it takes protected 18650 cells. I also do not know if it has a retaining ring holding the glass in place. The RC-E4 glass is loose.

I have also found that many P60 modules are tight in the RC-E4 and have to be pushed out from below. Today I inserted a new one-mode MTE Q5 (<$10), and it fits perfectly. The resistor in the switch makes this configuration a two-mode light.

Thanks for all your input on this thread, you've been a big help...:twothumbs

Hope the list is helpful to people.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Added the Surefire GZ2 from the new '08 catalog,..are there any I missed?

bspofford

Enlightened
Cabella's XPG lights are apparently Surefire 6P knockoffs that use P60 modules. (P.S. A combo light + knife package is on sale for $19.99 or about 1/3 the usual price.)

bspofford

Enlightened
Received three more RC-E4 lights yesterday. Romisen has changed specs on this light, and the new ones hold protected 18650 cells. The wall of the battery tube was thick enough, so they must have decided to bore a larger opening in the existing tube. Now if they add a retaining ring under the lens and enlarge the throat of the module chamber by about 0.1mm, it will be a nice host. Remember, this has a HI > OFF > LOW > OFF clicky and provides a two-mode light with one-mode modules.