* P60 Flashlight List {host}

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any info on what Pelican model take the P60 modules?

+

Good question,
it almost looks as if the Pelican M6 2320 & 3320 could be P60 lights.

Before I add them to the list, can anyone confirm them as being P60s?

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

To confirm a P60 host I got today.

Romisen RC-M4,.. I'm going out on a limb saying this could be the best P60 chassis/dollar.
Very good fit and finish with super threads,
solid clicky switch (I gauge lights on how good the switch is) and takes protected 18650s' perfectly.

Got it from DX.

For all the people who complain about buying from DX or Kai are missing out on terrific deals like this.

chewy78

Enlightened
Cabella's XPG lights are apparently Surefire 6P knockoffs that use P60 modules. (P.S. A combo light + knife package is on sale for $19.99 or about 1/3 the usual price.)

Has anybody have tried the bog super premium q5, or the wolfeyes q5 dropin in a cabelas xpg 6volt model? Would i need a retainingring/contact spring modification for them to fit ? I got two of them while they were on sale.

harddrive

Enlightened
Has anyone used a Blackhawk Falcata as a P60 host? I remember reading somewhere that you could remove the reflector from inside the head and then use P60 lamps.

Can anyone confirm this?

bspofford

Enlightened
To confirm a P60 host I got today.

Romisen RC-M4,.. I'm going out on a limb saying this could be the best P60 chassis/dollar.
Very good fit and finish with super threads,
solid clicky switch (I gauge lights on how good the switch is) and takes protected 18650s' perfectly.

Got it from DX.

For all the people who complain about buying from DX or Kai are missing out on terrific deals like this.

If you stand the RC-M4 and the SmartFire Xenon side-by-side, you can't tell them apart. Actually, the SmartFire is a few mm shorter and is a 2XCR123A body while the RC-M4 accommodates protected 18650 cells. They are so similar, it is hard to imagine that they are not manufactured in the same place. Both have a threaded retaining ring holding the glass, and both look great with a GITD switch cover and lens o-ring. As far as chassis/dollar, the SmartFire is a mere $9 shipped! I put the P-60 module from my TrustFire T1 in the SmartFire body since it is as bright as a DereeLight 3SD on high if you run it on 2XCR123A (listed as 18650 only on DX). Here is the link: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.903

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you stand the RC-M4 and the SmartFire Xenon side-by-side, you can't tell them apart. Actually, the SmartFire is a few mm shorter and is a 2XCR123A body while the RC-M4 accommodates protected 18650 cells. They are so similar, it is hard to imagine that they are not manufactured in the same place. Both have a threaded retaining ring holding the glass, and both look great with a GITD switch cover and lens o-ring. As far as chassis/dollar, the SmartFire is a mere $9 shipped! I put the P-60 module from my TrustFire T1 in the SmartFire body since it is as bright as a DereeLight 3SD on high if you run it on 2XCR123A (listed as 18650 only on DX). Here is the link: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.903

+

Does the SuperFire/SmartFire Xenon have a model number?

Just wondering if its a WF-501B or maybe something new for the list.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump, are there no other 1X123 P60-hosts?

+
The Ultrafire WF-501A just may be,..some smaller lights like the Huntlight FT-02XSE have a slightly smaller drop-in.

The WF-501A is likely a single RCR123 P60 light.

Great question...
:D

1.jpg

Yapo

Enlightened
I was thinking of buying a Solarforce L2 for my dereelight droppin but was wanting to use protected 18650...can they fit? or only 17670 fit? or is the body thick enough to file/sand/dremel it to make it fit?

harddrive

Enlightened
Yapo;23P clonep88439 said:
I was thinking of buying a Solarforce L2 for my dereelight droppin but was wanting to use protected 18650...can they fit? or only 17670 fit? or is the body thick enough to file/sand/dremel it to make it fit?

My understanding is they are a clone of the Surefire 6P body and that the 18650 will NOT fit. You could get is bored out by an engineering place. I did this with a G&P 9P clone. Cost $15 AUD.

The other option is to use a 17670 battery. I used Dereelight drop in and 17670 in a Surefire 6P and got about 70 minutes runtime. I was happy with this light but ended up buying a Leefbody and running a 18650. It is no brighter but has longer runtime.

bspofford

Enlightened
Oops! It's a SuperFire WF-501B xenon from DX for about $9. I screwed up on the ????Fire name.

I ordered several SuperFire WF-501B lights for hosts from DX and received UltraFire WF-501B lights instead. One notable difference is that the retaining ring under the lens on the UltraFire is glued. You can't unthread it to replace the lens with UCL glass or add a GITD o-ring. Machining is also much rougher on the UltraFire. Unfortunately, these types of substitutions by DX are the norm.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa those look pretty cool!

Still might want a Cryos or beefy head on there with high power drops ;)

Yapo

Enlightened