* P60 Flashlight List {host}

bguy

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to add at least 1 p60 host. Of all the hosts listed, it sounds like the Dereelight CL1H is the only one Hard Anodized, and with a forward clicky. Is that correct? I'll probably get a SF 6P just to have the standard, but I prefer forward clickies without having to spend almost $40 more for a Z49 switch. I had an Inova with the "push for momentary, twist for on" switch and don't care for it.

Bradley

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Some updates in place, & cleaned up the list a bit.

Let me know if I'v missed any P60 lights..
icon1.gif

thanks

bspofford

Enlightened
The latest version of the TrustFire T1 is labeled "TrustFire Q5". Another note about upgrades:
1) The 28mm double-sided multicoated HD glass from KD fits this light perfectly.
2) The 7/8" GITD o-ring from Got Glo-Rings? can be used to replace the lens o-ring.
3) The center post on the GITD silicone switch cover is about 2mm too long, and it works better if about 2mm is trimmed with a razor blade.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The Tactical Operation Products Striker (LED and Xenon) accepts a Surefire P60 drop in (but not the fatter DX/BOG type of module).

There was an open-box Xenon unit at Frys I was playing around with the other day.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thoughts about DX sku.903 WF-501B
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.903

Has places for o-rings, yet no o-rings were shipped with the light. So not waterproof at all unless you get o-rings separately.

Very poor machining, bezel was stuck and didnt remove without tools + threads were in bad shape and not oiled -> Now I have very bad scratches in body due to use of tools to open bezel.

Cheap feeling clickie with no momentary option, if you get this light, make sure to buy these too: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5632

Probably 18650 will fit. Stock 9v lamp bright with 2x RCR123 3,6v

Dx sku .6090 is compatible.

I thought this was going to make a good p60 host but no way. I dont recommend this to anyone. Save some money and get a better host.

Now i'm still looking for a decent moderately priced p60 host, good ideas anyone? Preferably with momentary function and HAIII.

My DX WF-501B just arrived today. I disagree with most of these comments.

-Mine came with O-rings at all junctions. The O-rings fit nice and snug, with plenty of compression and engagement with mating parts. This a far better scenario than loose seals that do not engage. Silicone grease is the key to smoothness.

-I would say machine quality is average for a Chinese origin light. NO WHERE near as crude and burr-ridden as my Lowes Task force, but not as refined and cleanly executed as my Nuwai lights. Of course none of these compare to a Surefire in this regard. Threads are tight and grindy out of the box. Generous Silicone grease makes them perfectly tolerable. I had to use a strap wrench to get the bezel off, but once I did I lubed it up and now is easy to remove by hand.

-The switch is a reverse clicky, so there is some degree of momentary operation. VERY few lights in the under $20 price range have forward clicky switches with momentary-on functions. I can only think of one.

- I agree!! The clicky switch feels cheap to me too. Then again this is my impression with every clicky I have tried.

Still too early for beam shots and ceiling bouce tests... stay tuned.:wave:

Video review and beam shots are here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD34YvaGMoo

Last edited:

bguy

Newly Enlightened
How about a Surefire 6P for $35?

Wow, $41 shipped, not bad. That item was out of them, but he has a new one up with 22 avaialable, make that 21, I got one.

Curse you CPF, more money spent! Up until now I've tried to limit myself to $30 for the lights. Like the SL PP4AA, VB-16, Rexlight, POB HID, and countless cheaper lights. Now you have me up to $41, and it's not even LED yet.

Bradley

mosbydaw

Newly Enlightened
Best and brightest dropin for Brinkmann Maxfire cr123 x 2? I read the threads but am now in overload with all the info on the threads. I do not have superknowledge to understand the specs or skills to go with fancy mods or adjustments. Any suggestion re best and brightest and simplest to install dropin without mods into my many Brinkmann Maxfires? I love the light but ever since having cree Q5 on other lights I want bright bright bright!
Thanks!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

mosbydaw, there are lots of P60s to choose from on the drop-in list.
~ It really comes down to your voltage used and how much you $pend. (from Malkoff to budget drop-in)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193992

enLIGHTenment, I don't think thats a P60 (drop-in) light. I actually called Pelican about some lights and drop-in (modules) lamps ect..,
they had no idea what I was talking about...:caution:

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
enLIGHTenment, I don't think thats a P60 (drop-in) light. I actually called Pelican about some lights and drop-in (modules) lamps ect.., they had no idea what I was talking about...:caution:

I don't think any of the M6 variants were designed as P60 lights, but the interior of the 2320 (xenon) looks suspiciously like a P60 based light. See: http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Pelican-M6/index.html

The 2390 (3W Luxeon version) is a design derivative of the 2320 but I haven't been able to find any information on how much Pelican changed the interior.

1dash1

Enlightened
:bump:
Shouldn't this discussion thread be a sticky? Seems worthwhile.

How about posting a sticky for discussions of interest?

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
enLIGHTenment,
I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work. Looks like the spring is too short to make contact with the battery tops. Not sure if the brass needs to make contact with the flashlight body to complete the circuit because I didn't want to mess up my Malkoff by extending the spring :eek:.

Just bought a Deal Extreme 1447 drop-in module for it. A pretty nice upgrade for $14.

I don't think any of the M6 variants were designed as P60 lights, but the interior of the 2320 (xenon) looks suspiciously like a P60 based light. See: http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Pelican-M6/index.html

The 2390 (3W Luxeon version) is a design derivative of the 2320 but I haven't been able to find any information on how much Pelican changed the interior.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
enLIGHTenment,
I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work.

Thanks for that. Looks like the M6 should be removed from the hosts list.

On a related note, has anyone had any luck using an M60 in Pila's current (not WolfEyes-rebadge) GL2 or other Pila lights?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
enLIGHTenment,
I don't have the hard anodized version (only the black Pelican M6). I just tried a Malkoff M60L and it would not work. Looks like the spring is too short to make contact with the battery tops. Not sure if the brass needs to make contact with the flashlight body to complete the circuit because I didn't want to mess up my Malkoff by extending the spring :eek:.

Just bought a Deal Extreme 1447 drop-in module for it. A pretty nice upgrade for $14.

H/B/L, If the DX 1447 drop-in works in your light,...thats a good sign, you should be able to use almost every other drop-in.
Malkoff has a Spring Washer that is required for some lights, wonder of that would be the fix for your light,...to use your M60L.

By the way, is your Pelican a 2320 M6?

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
It's the older Pelican M6 LED version (not the xenon version nor the hard anodize version). I got the Malkoff via the B/S/T here so I didn't have the option to get the spring. I do have some springs from a few miscellaneous DX drop-ins and may try that.

Someone mentioned on another thread that the DX 11836 worked in
his Pelican M6.

Sorry that I mix up the xenon and LED version of the Pelican M6 :oops:.

EDIT: come to think of it, I do have the xenon 2320 version of the light and haven't tried replacing that reflector. To clarify, the DX 1447 works in my LED Pelican and the xenon Pelican is untested.

Last edited:

yekim

Enlightened
I do not have a P60 but I do have a DX LED drop in and it fits without the outer spring. It is like 1-2mm long so the bezel does not screw down 100% but it is pretty close.

Has anyone used a Blackhawk Falcata as a P60 host? I remember reading somewhere that you could remove the reflector from inside the head and then use P60 lamps.

Can anyone confirm this?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have a P60 but I do have a DX LED drop in and it fits without the outer spring. It is like 1-2mm long so the bezel does not screw down 100% but it is pretty close.

+

I'll take that as a new light to add to the list, the Blackhawk Falcata.

:thumbsup:..thanks!

wwglen

Enlightened
I just received the DealExtreme 11836 R2 Drop-in.

IT fit my Pelican M6 LED (1 watt newer non focusing design) like it was made for it.

If I have any problems down the road I will report on it.

wwglen