• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Hey Dave! I'd like a single-output regulated 500+ lumen OTF neutral to cool drop in for my stock SureFire Z2 running on CR123a primaries (about 1.5 hour run time) or Tenergy LiFePO4 (450mAh) RCR123a rechargeable batteries (about 20 minutes run time). The Z2 will be paired with a handgun. What would you recommend? Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave! I'd like a single-output regulated 500+ lumen OTF neutral to cool drop in for my stock SureFire Z2 running on CR123a primaries (about 1.5 hour run time) or Tenergy LiFePO4 (450mAh) RCR123a rechargeable batteries (about 20 minutes run time). The Z2 will be paired with a handgun. What would you recommend? Thanks!

Hi

OK if I understand you you want a certain amount of lumens AND a certain amount of runtime. Runtime is simply how much amperage you are using and how much mah the batts this formula doesn't vary. A XPG S2 running at 1.7 amps will yeild about 370 or a bit more lumens OTF so if you are using 1500 mah CR123's you will get about an hour on high. Since it is amperage into mah there is really nothing a module builder can do to change that but cut amperage which of course cuts lumens.

Now a XML running at about the same amperage will yield about 100 lumens more ( a guess here since I have not measured this amperage) or about 450 lumens.

To get even close to the runtime you want it would have to be somewhere in this area as far as amperage goes and those two will give the best results. Now neutrals in either is no problem but of course the neutrals are slightly less lumens

Being on a handgun the XPG may be all you need but the XML will yield a bit more spill. Now of course I have XML's that are much brighter running at 2.8 amps or above but of course they come at the sacrifice of runtime.

I have many satisfied customers at the Tulsa PD and they are using XPG's in S2's and primaries but the XPG's will not yield quite 500 lumens.

You will have to decide on brightness to runtimes.

Dave

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Hi

OK if I understand you you want a certain amount of lumens AND a certain amount of runtime. Runtime is simply how much amperage you are using and how much mah the batts this formula doesn't vary. A XPG S2 running at 1.7 amps will yeild about 370 or a bit more lumens OTF so if you are using 1500 mah CR123's you will get about an hour on high. Since it is amperage into mah there is really nothing a module builder can do to change that but cut amperage which of course cuts lumens.

Now a XML running at about the same amperage will yield about 100 lumens more ( a guess here since I have not measured this amperage) or about 450 lumens.

To get even close to the runtime you want it would have to be somewhere in this area as far as amperage goes and those two will give the best results. Now neutrals in either is no problem but of course the neutrals are slightly less lumens

Being on a handgun the XPG may be all you need but the XML will yield a bit more spill. Now of course I have XML's that are much brighter running at 2.8 amps or above but of course they come at the sacrifice of runtime.

I have many satisfied customers at the Tulsa PD and they are using XPG's in S2's and primaries but the XPG's will not yield quite 500 lumens.

You will have to decide on brightness to runtimes.

Dave

Thanks for the detailed response! I'll go with XM-L U2 and 500 lumens OTF (I'll accept whatever run time I get on two CR123a batteries) , OP reflector, 1 level regulated, potting, copper tape, 1.7A driver. Would this be $45?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the detailed response! I'll go with XM-L U2 and 500 lumens OTF (I'll accept whatever run time I get on two CR123a batteries) , OP reflector, 1 level regulated, potting, copper tape, 1.7A driver. Would this be $45?

Hi

Yes that is correct. Shipping is included in the US

thanks

Dave

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Yes that is correct. Shipping is included in the US

thanks

Dave

One last question (I promise!): Could I get the 1 level, 4 - 16V / 2.2A driver?
XM-L U2 ($40)
Potting with Cu tape (+$5)
OP Reflector
Using stock SureFire Z2 with two CR123a primaries or two Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123a cells or two AW Li-Ion 16340 protected cells.

Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
One last question (I promise!): Could I get the 1 level, 4 - 16V / 2.2A driver?
XM-L U2 ($40)
Potting with Cu tape (+$5)
OP Reflector
Using stock SureFire Z2 with two CR123a primaries or two Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123a cells or two AW Li-Ion 16340 protected cells.

Thanks!

Hi

Yes that is not a problem, do realize you will not get full power if running a single li ion (1X18650 ) but with the configs you have listed above you are fine with this set up and will achieve full power.

thanks

Dave

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need another drop-in or two (I seem to keep accumulating more P60 hosts ;) ) and I have a couple of questions.

The Nichia 219 sounds very interesting but I didn't see anything about the reflector. Is that included? If so do I need to choose between smooth and OP?

The dual XPG (Linger Special) also sounds interesting but I wasn't sure about the options for levels. You list one level in the first post but then you also say "levels available are same as XML".

One of these drop-ins will be used in a TnC single 18350 host. I'm not sure where the other one will go yet but probably in a single 18650 host.

Once I have a better understanding I'll be ready to order ASAP. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Yes that is not a problem, do realize you will not get full power if running a single li ion (1X18650 ) but with the configs you have listed above you are fine with this set up and will achieve full power.

thanks

Dave

Dave,

Here's my official order:
Cree XM-L U2 ($40)
1 Level, 4-16V, 2.2A driver
OP Reflector
Potting with Cu Tape (+ $5)
I'm using a stock SF Z2 running two primaries or two LiFePO4 RCR123a or two 16340 Li Ion
$45.00 total
Robert_M

Thanks,
Robert
:paypal:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need another drop-in or two (I seem to keep accumulating more P60 hosts ;) ) and I have a couple of questions.

The Nichia 219 sounds very interesting but I didn't see anything about the reflector. Is that included? If so do I need to choose between smooth and OP?

The dual XPG (Linger Special) also sounds interesting but I wasn't sure about the options for levels. You list one level in the first post but then you also say "levels available are same as XML".

One of these drop-ins will be used in a TnC single 18350 host. I'm not sure where the other one will go yet but probably in a single 18650 host.

Once I have a better understanding I'll be ready to order ASAP. Thanks. :)

Hi

I have been using the XPG small aperture reflector shown on the first page, it is a lop and members have been pleased. It is possible to put it in a smooth but it will have rings much as the XPG's do.

The levels on the dual XPG are the same available as the XML since it runs at 2.8 amps just as the XML does. Levels are 1 / 2 hi - lo / 3 hi med low / 3S hi low strobe / or standard 5 level.

Hope that helps

Dave

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had to use an "abbreviated" order on Paypal due to the character limitation. Here is the full order:

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral

• 1 level 2.8-6 volts
  • Potting with copper tape
  • $35 + $5
  • Driven with one 18350

Dual XPG (Linger Special) R4 5000k3C tint

• 2 level HI / Low Regulated (w/memory, 2.8-6 volts, 2.8 amps)
    (ideally, I'd prefer no memory but I don't think that's an option)
  • OP reflector
  • $45 + $5
  • Driven with either one 18650 or one 26650

Plus priority shipping for a total of $95.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had to use an "abbreviated" order on Paypal due to the character limitation. Here is the full order:

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral

• 1 level 2.8-6 volts
  • $35 + $5
  • Driven with one 18350

Dual XPG (Linger Special) R4 5000k3C tint

• 2 level HI / Low Regulated (w/memory, 2.8-6 volts, 2.8 amps)
    (ideally, I'd prefer no memory but I don't think that's an option)
  • OP reflector
  • $45 + $5
  • Driven with either one 18650 or one 26650

Plus priority shipping for a total of $95.

Hi

Thanks I got it appreciate the heads up.

Have a good week

Dave

jak3All3n

Newly Enlightened
hey dave, got the nichia drop in today, will try it out tonight, i love the beam on the lop reflector, wish i knew about them earlier, thanks :thumbsup:

kingcow

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Is this correct?

4500k 92CRI neutral ($35)
Thermal Plotting + Copper Tape ($5)
3 level low / med / high 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.7 amp
OP Reflector
Driven with one 18650

40 Dollars total?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Is this correct?

4500k 92CRI neutral ($35)
Thermal Plotting + Copper Tape ($5)
3 level low / med / high 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.7 amp
OP Reflector
Driven with one 18650

40 Dollars total?

Hi

That is correct if you live in the US. Shipping is included in the US

thanks

Dave

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I'd like

Nichia 219- 92CRI 4500K
Thermally potted
OP reflector
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-9 volts no memory / 1.4 amp

PP sent

N/Apower

Enlightened
My two modules arrived (3-mode Nichia 219 at maximum 1.7A).

They are like miniature suns! Perfect color rendition, and very neutral "tint". Output is satisfying, beam profile approximates the XP-G. I am very pleased, and now await an XM-L type version, if this is feasible!!!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two modules arrived (3-mode Nichia 219 at maximum 1.7A).

They are like miniature suns! Perfect color rendition, and very neutral "tint". Output is satisfying, beam profile approximates the XP-G. I am very pleased, and now await an XM-L type version, if this is feasible!!!

Hi

If you mean a high CRI XML neutral then it was answered on the previous page of this thread and the answer is NO. Neutrals yes high CRI neutrals no

Dave

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Hey Dave I need two more P60 Drop Ins:

The first one needs one level and the second needs two levels.

Both have:
Cree XM-L U2 ($40),
Potting with Cu Tape (+ $5),
Regulated, 2.8-6V, 2.8A driver,
OP Reflector,
Stock SF 6P & C2, one 17670 LiCoO2 or two CR123A or two LiFePO4 RCR123A.

Total=$90

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.