• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi All

I am now caught back up and all orders have now shipped, sorry for any delays.

All orders should now ship with in 3 working days or less as usual.

Dave

hotlight

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

PP Sent for:

XRE Drop In ($30)
1.7A 2.8-6v 3 mode, HML (w/ memory if possible... w/o memory is fine also)
Q45B Tint (neutral)
Potted ($5)
Smooth Reflector, but not glued to pill

diverge

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for:

Cree XM-L
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
1 level Regulated
Orange peel reflector
Potted
for 2x123A primaries

$45+5 potting=$50
(Unique Transaction ID # 4W380522TD657913V)

AMkrew

Newly Enlightened

I'm back, lol.

I need a TIGHT beam, able to be run by one primary or rcr, with around 200-250 lumens, one mode. Potted, able to withstand recoil of a 12 ga. Prefer a more neutral tint, but as long as it's not blue, i'm happy.

You got anything for me?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm back, lol.

I need a TIGHT beam, able to be run by one primary or rcr, with around 200-250 lumens, one mode. Potted, able to withstand recoil of a 12 ga. Prefer a more neutral tint, but as long as it's not blue, i'm happy.

You got anything for me?

HI

If you truly want a tight tunnel like beam then the XRE is it, if you want a bit more spill then choose XPG. The XRE will be about 280-290 lumens which should fit well.

As for working with a 12ga that will not be a problem.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP Sent for:

XRE Drop In ($30)
1.7A 2.8-6v 3 mode, HML (w/ memory if possible... w/o memory is fine also)
Q45B Tint (neutral)
Potted ($5)
Smooth Reflector, but not glued to pill

Paypal sent for:

Cree XM-L
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
1 level Regulated
Orange peel reflector
Potted
for 2x123A primaries

$45+5 potting=$50
(Unique Transaction ID # 4W380522TD657913V)

Hi

Yours have shipped check your email for notices.

Dave

Hardass

Newly Enlightened

KILLER_K contacted you for me about the G2 I have and want a custom module such as you made for him. Do you have an email address I can contact you at for further discussion?

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for:

XML U2
2.8-6 volt regulated; 3 mode (High, Med, Low) with memory
reflector Smooth
$5 for potting and tape
Total $40 + $5 = $45

thundertree

Enlightened

Hi Dave,

I was intersted in getting the XP-G S2 6300k -- 5 level 1v-4.2 drop-in, but I noticed your note saying that this doesn't work for L2R hosts. I was planning to run this with 3xNiMH aa cells in a FM 3AA host. Would that match up well with this module? Also, can this module be had in anything but 5 modes (1 mode or 3 mode hopefully)? Lastly, on 3xNiMH aa cells, what would be the expected OTF lumen output?

Much thanks!

rewdee

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Paypal sent for:
1x XP-G (90 CRI) 1 level regulated 2.8-6 volts/1.4 amps.
1x intl shipping

Total USD 40. (Unique Transaction ID # 6DV38887HN2780944)

Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

I was intersted in getting the XP-G S2 6300k -- 5 level 1v-4.2 drop-in, but I noticed your note saying that this doesn't work for L2R hosts. I was planning to run this with 3xNiMH aa cells in a FM 3AA host. Would that match up well with this module? Also, can this module be had in anything but 5 modes (1 mode or 3 mode hopefully)? Lastly, on 3xNiMH aa cells, what would be the expected OTF lumen output?

Much thanks!

Hi

These modules will work in the FM 3XAA no problem but with this driver 5 levels is all I have. Also since you are starting at 4.2 volts I will be setting the driver for that so there is a low voltage warning. What I mean is you will not be able to run the battery to .8 volts, most regulated drives will either sense or like this one there is a sweep I set for voltage to be used. With this in mind a regular 2.8 - 6volt drive would probably work as well with 3XAA since that would be 4.2 - 4.5 volts when fully charged.

If using the standard 6 volt max you will achieve about 370+ lumens with the low voltage driver a guess would be about 320 to 340.

I can build it either way just wanted to point out it will not run the batts dry if that is what you were looking for.

Hopefully I worded that so you get what I was saying.

Thanks

Dave

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP Sent for:

XRE Drop In ($30)
1.7A 2.8-6v SINGLE mode
Q4 or higher 5B Tint (neutral)
Potted ($5)
Smooth Reflector No Glue please and no need to focus

:thumbsup:

zilingz

Newly Enlightened

PP Sent for:

XRE Drop In ($30)
1.7A 2.8-6v SINGLE mode
Q4 or higher 5B Tint (neutral)
Potted ($5)
Smooth Reflector No Glue please and no need to focus

:thumbsup:

I thought that the XRE only exists in 1.4A?
Is that 1.7A the same drop-in like the Cree XR-E R2 2.8-6v which I recently bought?
I mean, what's the differences between them except that value in A?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought that the XRE only exists in 1.4A?
Is that 1.7A the same drop-in like the Cree XR-E R2 2.8-6v which I recently bought?
I mean, what's the differences between them except that value in A?

Hi

They are simply different amperage

Dave

thundertree

Enlightened

Hi

These modules will work in the FM 3XAA no problem but with this driver 5 levels is all I have. Also since you are starting at 4.2 volts I will be setting the driver for that so there is a low voltage warning. What I mean is you will not be able to run the battery to .8 volts, most regulated drives will either sense or like this one there is a sweep I set for voltage to be used. With this in mind a regular 2.8 - 6volt drive would probably work as well with 3XAA since that would be 4.2 - 4.5 volts when fully charged.

If using the standard 6 volt max you will achieve about 370+ lumens with the low voltage driver a guess would be about 320 to 340.

I can build it either way just wanted to point out it will not run the batts dry if that is what you were looking for.

Hopefully I worded that so you get what I was saying.

Thanks

Dave

Thank you for all the info. I have a few Solar Force low voltage (0.8 – 4.2V) drop-ins and I was impressed with the performance upshift by simply going from 2x AA to 3x AA for the same drop-in (letting the batteries rest a day after charging). Very noticeable lumen increase. I was asking just for purposes of verifying if your low voltage XPG drop-in would have similar results.

I assumed that 3x AA might not be in the voltage "sweet spot" in your XPG 2.8 - 6volt drop-in. I based that assumption o the fact that I have one of your XML 2.8 - 6volt drop-ins and it seemed a bit underpowered on 3x AA, but really started to perform (to my best XML drop-in!) when driven by 4x AA.

I gather from what you said though, that the XPG would perform the same using 3x AA on 2.8 - 6V [maybe slight better] as it would on the 0.8 – 4.2V drop-in. Correct?

dennis07921

Newly Enlightened

DAVE, I SENT YOU $40 VIA PAYPAL FOR P60 DROP IN, XPG, 2.8-6 VOLTS W/MEMORY, 1.7 AMP., SMOOTH REFLECTOR. MY HOST IS A SOLARFORCE L2 AND USING 2 PRIMARIES OR 1 X 18650. THANK YOU, DENNIS07921/DENNIS CARLSON

dennis07921

Newly Enlightened

Dave, I forgot to include that I want 3 modes on my above order. Thank You. Dennis07921

jak3All3n

Newly Enlightened

hey dave, just curious, what are the levels in percentage for an xm-l module in 2.8-6v, i remember it being 40% for medium and 5% for low, but now i don't see that anywhere except for the xp-g modules, is that still true or was i just making that up all this time :p?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey dave, just curious, what are the levels in percentage for an xm-l module in 2.8-6v, i remember it being 40% for medium and 5% for low, but now i don't see that anywhere except for the xp-g modules, is that still true or was i just making that up all this time :p?

Hi

Yes the levels are 100% / 40% / 5 %

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi All

For those of you that are waiting for info on Wills Joule Thief modules, I have a XPG and a XML all glued up and will give more info tomorrow. My truck broke down about 45 miles from the nearest town and I don't carry a cell phone:mad: Anyway by the time I walked to a phone and got it towed and then dealt with the dealership most of the day was history . Moral of the story is make sure your dealership tests drives your truck before you get it back:)

Sorry for the delay I will post early tomorrow as soon as I get some lumen counts and such. Most any of the emitters listed can be used in these modules but I want to see what the difference in brightness and such between a few. I will be testing with a single AA and a new CR123 which will be max that this module will handle.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.