• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
i'll just jump in here to clarify things -

i did order 940nm for covertness, p60 turned up with 850nm on the packaging. there was minimal glow after the laser i'd been using, so went with it.
nailbender did say he defaulted back to 850 as this was brighter and what most people required. he offered to sort this out, but i declined, as was more than happy with the results from the 850nm.
now the 940 has the same power i may try one, but the watec might be less sensitive to this wavelength.
my p60 does indeed have three levels.

@ dave - i'll pull the reflector and try the ahorton out...

@ nailbender - could you do anything clever with this emitter http://uk.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=183811569 ?

Hmm - now that's a bit of a buggers muddle. The same power but different wavelength won't relate to the same amount of illumination seen by our cameras. The Watec is much less sensitive to 940nm than 850nm.
I want the same wavelength that Nobby has please - which it transpires is 850 as I initially thought.

Theocrat

Newly Enlightened
Hi Nailbender, I am one of the guys some bloke mentioned from that airgun forum. I am ready to purchase a 850nm P60 module. I will be using it in a single mode Ultrafire 502b flashlight with an aspherical lens running on 1 X 18650 protected rechargable battery, if that info helps. If you are getting enough requests to pre-blacken the reflectors, this would be helpful but not necessary. If this is the case I could wait a bit if you had enough orders to product a lot of the blackened type IR modules. So you can certainly put me on the list.

Thank you,
Theo

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mean to clutter the thread, but I just have to know what it is you need with an IR light and blackened reflector that has to do with air guns?

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
I don't mean to clutter the thread, but I just have to know what it is you need with an IR light and blackened reflector that has to do with air guns?

using the ir at night for night vision illumination. needs to throw far enough to identify things before stalking close enough for a shot. bigger rifles require more throw.

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened

Although it's on an air gun forum, many of the members of that and other forums viewing it use powder burning rifles too. I guess you are in the USA where I understand NV, or IR assissted NV is illegal for hunting? We can use NV and IR illuminators over here.

EDIT: When you have read these replies could you delete your post and nobby and I could do the same? Further questions can be asked by PM.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll just jump in here to clarify things -

i did order 940nm for covertness, p60 turned up with 850nm on the packaging. there was minimal glow after the laser i'd been using, so went with it.
nailbender did say he defaulted back to 850 as this was brighter and what most people required. he offered to sort this out, but i declined, as was more than happy with the results from the 850nm.
now the 940 has the same power i may try one, but the watec might be less sensitive to this wavelength.
my p60 does indeed have three levels.

@ dave - i'll pull the reflector and try the ahorton out...

@ nailbender - could you do anything clever with this emitter http://uk.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=183811569 ?

Hi

I will have to do a bit more research on this one, the black Oslon is quite new and mouser is one of the few stocking the higher wattage. I have to do a bit more work to see if the emitter you referred to will fit on a XPG MCPCB, most Oslons's do but looking at the measurements this one seems to be a bit bigger. It may not be enough to matter but I will have to do a bit more work. Give me until middle of next week to check on things. I will buy a few if I think I can make them work.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nailbender, I am one of the guys some bloke mentioned from that airgun forum. I am ready to purchase a 850nm P60 module. I will be using it in a single mode Ultrafire 502b flashlight with an aspherical lens running on 1 X 18650 protected rechargable battery, if that info helps. If you are getting enough requests to pre-blacken the reflectors, this would be helpful but not necessary. If this is the case I could wait a bit if you had enough orders to product a lot of the blackened type IR modules. So you can certainly put me on the list.

Thank you,
Theo

Hi

the 850nm module is not a problem as I have a few of them in stock and can order more. I have checked and do not have any black spray paint at this time. I can get some one day next week but it will take me that long as deer season opens tomorrow in NC and I won't be close to any stores:D until first of next week.

I will put a few on pills to be ready and see what I can do on the black. If you want to do it yourself let me know as the super glue solution to pinning the reflector mentioned in one of the previous replies will work fine. If you want to do yourself please put in Paypal notes to leave reflector loose.

thanks

Dave

Theocrat

Newly Enlightened
Hi

the 850nm module is not a problem as I have a few of them in stock and can order more. I have checked and do not have any black spray paint at this time. I can get some one day next week but it will take me that long as deer season opens tomorrow in NC and I won't be close to any stores:D until first of next week.

I will put a few on pills to be ready and see what I can do on the black. If you want to do it yourself let me know as the super glue solution to pinning the reflector mentioned in one of the previous replies will work fine. If you want to do yourself please put in Paypal notes to leave reflector loose.

thanks

Dave

Thanks Dave, I actually don't have that aspherical lens yet, it's on the slow boat from China (dealextreme) so I can wait a while on this order. Also, based on your response to nobbybonez on that new emitter, I might want to wait to see if this would be a better option and go with one of these.

Thanks,
Theo

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I would like to order a P60 module with the following specs:

• Cree XM-L T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white ($40)
  • Smooth Reflector
  • 3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
  • 6 volt driver (2.8-6 volts)
  • Driven at 3.5A
  • Potting with Copper Tape (Included)

Host is a 1x18650 Leefbody w/ SF C2 head running 1 x AW18650 (3100mAh) or 2xCR123.

Thanks!!

Rich

:paypal:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I would like to order a P60 module with the following specs:

• Cree XM-L T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white ($40)
  • Smooth Reflector
  • 3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
  • 6 volt driver (2.8-6 volts)
  • Driven at 3.5A
  • Potting with Copper Tape (Included)

Host is a 1x18650 Leefbody w/ SF C2 head running 1 x AW18650 (3100mAh) or 2xCR123.

Thanks!!

Rich

:paypal:

Hi

I just answered your PM but for all to know please don't run any modules on 2XCR123 primaries at any amperage over 2.8 amps. While many rate their primaries at 2.5 amps I have found few that have problems at 2.8 amps but at 3.5 amps there is a good possibility that you will blow the PCB's in the primaries provide they are good primaries since some don't even use PCB's they could be more problematic which is why it is better to use ones like surefire / titanium and a few others that do use PCB's to prevent venting

Now I know you said in the PM that usually you run on medium but I wanted to post this for those that may see the 3.5 amps and think it was fine to run primaries that high and it is not.

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

is T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white

a new offering? I could've sworn I never saw that one before?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

is T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white

a new offering? I could've sworn I never saw that one before?

Hi

I have had these for quite awhile now. I am not able to order by tint just by kit number that may have 3-8 tints in it and you never are quite sure what you will get. Last time it was these nice 4C's, they are much like the 3C's but a bit warmer.

Dave

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I just answered your PM but for all to know please don't run any modules on 2XCR123 primaries at any amperage over 2.8 amps. While many rate their primaries at 2.5 amps I have found few that have problems at 2.8 amps but at 3.5 amps there is a good possibility that you will blow the PCB's in the primaries provide they are good primaries since some don't even use PCB's they could be more problematic which is why it is better to use ones like surefire / titanium and a few others that do use PCB's to prevent venting

Now I know you said in the PM that usually you run on medium but I wanted to post this for those that may see the 3.5 amps and think it was fine to run primaries that high and it is not.

Dave

Good to know Dave - thanks for the heads-up. I will run this on an 18650 only.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Hi Nailbender

Led: Cree UV XL 7090 (395nm) - $45
Levels: 1
Reflector: XRE 8 Degree Optics (if possible, otherwise smooth reflector)
Options: Potting - $5
Postage: First Class International - $5

Grand Total: $55
Paypal Unique Transaction ID 20323487EK011163S

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nailbender

Hi

The XL is not quite built like the XRE so the optic is a no go but a smooth is not a problem. I am leaving the office in a minute but give me until morning and I will return $5. I have started to include potting and will include in the next section as soon as I get it up. I just started this a few days ago since I have been able to source some of my parts a bit cheaper so I wanted to pass it along.

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nailbender

Hi

Yours has shipped

Dave

Theocrat

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I will have to do a bit more research on this one, the black Oslon is quite new and mouser is one of the few stocking the higher wattage. I have to do a bit more work to see if the emitter you referred to will fit on a XPG MCPCB, most Oslons's do but looking at the measurements this one seems to be a bit bigger. It may not be enough to matter but I will have to do a bit more work. Give me until middle of next week to check on things. I will buy a few if I think I can make them work.

Dave

Dave, any news on the Black Oslon's? If it was going to take more than a few weeks I was going to go ahead and order the P60 with the 850nm emitter.

Thanks,
Theo

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave, order as per PM plus the HCRI on the other thread:

Cree XP-G
Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI)
3 level
1.4 amp
OP reflector
2.8-6 volts
$35 including potting

Platinum Dragon - $40 Hyper-Red with potting
OP reflector
2.8 -6 volts
3 level
$40 including potting

Priority Mail Int. is $15 up to 3 modules

Thanks again for all the advice.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Hi

The XL is not quite built like the XRE so the optic is a no go but a smooth is not a problem. I am leaving the office in a minute but give me until morning and I will return $5. I have started to include potting and will include in the next section as soon as I get it up. I just started this a few days ago since I have been able to source some of my parts a bit cheaper so I wanted to pass it along.

Thanks

Dave

Hi

Yours has shipped

Dave

Thanks Dave! :twothumbs

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Two dropins the same but different tint please:

both Cree XM-L
(2.8-6 volts only)
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated