• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Any news on 850nm Oslon black SFH 4715S units yet Dave?

Hi

I have just ordered a 2 to check out but it will be awhile before I stock them as I have platinum dragons to get rid of first. It will be a week before I get them and it will be at first just to see if I can mount them properly and such. I have had a lot of stock to put in on the site and while on my list it was not at the top but they are working their way towards the top.

Dave

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi

I have just ordered a 2 to check out but it will be awhile before I stock them as I have platinum dragons to get rid of first. It will be a week before I get them and it will be at first just to see if I can mount them properly and such. I have had a lot of stock to put in on the site and while on my list it was not at the top but they are working their way towards the top.

Dave

dibs please, will review vs PD and report back. :D

RIDE

Enlightened
Here is my order Dave!

Cree XM-L
U2 flux bin 1A 6500k+ Cool White
5 level Low / Med / High / SOS / Strobe Regulated
6 volt Driver at 3.1 amps
Smooth Reflector

$40

Thanks!

RIDE

Are you kidding me?

From the time I PM'd Dave...he helped me with a few things.....I confirmed and paid.....he filled the order....and I received it....less than a week?!?!?!?

Beyond amazing service, and my drop in is PERFECT! What great service!!!!!

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much Dave!

RIDE

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding me?

From the time I PM'd Dave...he helped me with a few things.....I confirmed and paid.....he filled the order....and I received it....less than a week?!?!?!?

Beyond amazing service, and my drop in is PERFECT! What great service!!!!!

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much Dave!

RIDE

he does excellent work. you should try being a state or two away from NB. delivery usually happens a day ahead of time ;)

edit: when I read the first line, "are you kidding me?" I was like "uh oh" but then began reading the rest of what you wrote haha

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened

dibs please, will review vs PD and report back. :D

A direct comparison with the Platinum Dragon IR module sounds good. I'm not wanting to wait much longer though: long nights have arrived.:D

Dave, would you have digital night vision recording equipment that you can show the difference between an 850nm PD and an 850nm Oslon Black?
Or maybe just a Nv viewer so you can report your findings?

I believe the PD has a 60 degree beam and the Oslon a 90 degree beam - would you happen to have an idea of which would likely be best through an aspheric lens if they were run at the same specs?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal:

for a RED 2.8-6 volt, 1.7A, SMO, non-potted P60 module

$30 sent to you!

also I'll be purchasing a high CRI XM-L from you as well this weekend, too, so you can ship em in the same package, thanks bud! (no rush, btw, take your time)

edit: just noticed I left out the levels part in the paypal payment: single level please

sorry about that!

edit2: for a surefire Z44 bezel. my apologies, i'm losing it :(

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal:

for a RED 2.8-6 volt, 1.7A, SMO, non-potted P60 module

$30 sent to you!

also I'll be purchasing a high CRI XM-L from you as well this weekend, too, so you can ship em in the same package, thanks bud! (no rush, btw, take your time)

edit: just noticed I left out the levels part in the paypal payment: single level please

sorry about that!

edit2: for a surefire Z44 bezel. my apologies, i'm losing it :(

Hi

1.7 amps is Awfully strong for a red emitter, manufacturer specs are 700 ma and I usually run at 1 amps which is a 30% increase. You might be able to go 1.4 amps. I will run at where ever you want but realize that above 1 amp you start to tint shift towards red orange rather than red.

Just let me know.

thanks and have a good weekend

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

1.7 amps is Awfully strong for a red emitter, manufacturer specs are 700 ma and I usually run at 1 amps which is a 30% increase. You might be able to go 1.4 amps. I will run at where ever you want but realize that above 1 amp you start to tint shift towards red orange rather than red.

Just let me know.

thanks and have a good weekend

Dave

oh okay, I assumed 1.7 amps was doable without problems based on the OP. my bad :(

let's do 1 amp then! my apologies, i assume if we pushed it to 1.2 that'd be a negligible difference in output from 1A?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh okay, I assumed 1.7 amps was doable without problems based on the OP. my bad :(

let's do 1 amp then! my apologies, i assume if we pushed it to 1.2 that'd be a negligible difference in output from 1A?

Hi

It is actually 1.05 amps and if you add a 4th resistor which is 350ma it would be 1.4 amps so it is 1.05 amp or 1.4 amps.
Colors are not supposed to be pushed as far as a white emitter can be, they are designed for certain wave lengths and when pushed beyond specs by very far then you don't get the color that was designed. With colors and especially red you also have to worry about heat more than some whites.

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

It is actually 1.05 amps and if you add a 4th resistor which is 350ma it would be 1.4 amps so it is 1.05 amp or 1.4 amps.
Colors are not supposed to be pushed as far as a white emitter can be, they are designed for certain wave lengths and when pushed beyond specs by very far then you don't get the color that was designed. With colors and especially red you also have to worry about heat more than some whites.

Dave

ohhh, let's do that 1.05 then!! thanks for working with me on this! :)

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened

I would like an XRE 8.4v 3 mode with two optics, neutral tint. I Believe its $40 with the two optics. It will be used in a 6p and 9p host. If there is a choice of optics, I would like a focused one for throw, and one for flood.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, I'm thinking of getting a drop in for a weapon-mounted 6P. I'm concerned primarily about color rendition, with throw being a close 2nd.

What would you recommend? It would be single mode only, running on either 1 li-ion or 2 primaries.

Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, I'm thinking of getting a drop in for a weapon-mounted 6P. I'm concerned primarily about color rendition, with throw being a close 2nd.

What would you recommend? It would be single mode only, running on either 1 li-ion or 2 primaries.

Thanks.

Hi

While there are several high CRI choices few will give spectacular throw. The brightest would be the XML 90CRI but it will not have as tight of beam as say a XPG-2. The XML would be about 500+ lumens at 2.8 amps. When used with smooth reflector it will give a good hundred yards maybe 125 yards with lots of spill. After about 15 minutes it will get pretty warm and you will only get about 30 run time on primaries but an hour or slightly more on a single li ion depending on mah of battery.

Now while I don't have any high CRI XPG-2's many folks think the tint alone makes a huge difference in color rendition. I have a R5 3D neutral that yields about 390-400 lumens and a R4 4k neutral that is just a small amount less in lumens. Now the XPG has a tighter beam profile so maybe a bit better throw yet still has adequate spill. You also get twice the run time as a XML since it is pushed at 1/2 the amperage.

Let me know if you have more questions

Dave

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules

Thanks for the thorough response. Have you heard anything about a HCRI XPG2 in the works?

Posted using Tapatalk on my HTC Evo

klane

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to drop into a bored 6P @ 2.8 amps. About how much light would i lose (lumens or %?) going from the XM-L U2 to the T60?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules

Thanks for the thorough response. Have you heard anything about a HCRI XPG2 in the works?

Posted using Tapatalk on my HTC Evo

Hi

They are out if you want to buy 1k pc reels but certainly not in broken reels. I will have a few 80+ emitters in Q5 and warm white 3000k in R2 flux but no 90+ at this time. Also remember the warmer the emitter the less lumens it will yield.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.