• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Great Dave.
In that case, I think I'd like to try an XP-G2 from the 3D tint bin.
Thank you!

- Tom

Hi

I had you and Xflash at the same time for joule thieves and just got it all straight. If you prefer a nichia 219 they also work as well. i was not trying to talk you out of that emitter.

The XPG2 will be slightly brighter but that is not really what this driver is all about.

Sorry

Dave

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi

I had you and Xflash at the same time for joule thieves and just got it all straight. If you prefer a nichia 219 they also work as well. i was not trying to talk you out of that emitter.

The XPG2 will be slightly brighter but that is not really what this driver is all about.

Sorry

Dave

Thanks Dave,
I am particularly fond of the 219. You're right, it's not about brightness with this one - it's runtime. If the difference is negligible, I'll go with the 92CRI 4500k 219. If the XP-G2 has a noticeable advantage, then make it a 3D.
Thanks for being so flexible.

Regards,
Tom

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Dave,
I am particularly fond of the 219. You're right, it's not about brightness with this one - it's runtime. If the difference is negligible, I'll go with the 92CRI 4500k 219. If the XP-G2 has a noticeable advantage, then make it a 3D.
Thanks for being so flexible.

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom

I already set it up that way. It will ship on Monday.

thanks

Dave

zxx0000

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy the following.

1. XML U2 flux bin 1A 6500k+ Cool White
2.8 amps regulated (2.8v - 6v)
1 level
Op reflector
Potting + copper tape
$40

2. XML S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k 90+ HIGH CRI
2.8 amps regulated (2.8v - 6v)
3 level (low 5% / med 30% / hi) with last mode memory
Op reflector
Potting + copper tape
$40

3. International shipping
$5

how much for additional copper tape enough for another D26 module?

Thanks
icon12.gif

zxx0000

Newly Enlightened
One more question.

Does the S6 90+ CRI which have lower lumens run significantly hotter than the U2?

thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more question.

Does the S6 90+ CRI which have lower lumens run significantly hotter than the U2?

thanks

HI

Do you mean run cooler than the U2, the S6 may run a bit cooler but both will be about the same in heat since both still use 2.8 amps so heat will be close to the same.
Extra tape is $1.50.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, sir! Can't wait to get it.

Hi

Yours came out right good for a MCE beam wise. I tried several styles of OP reflectors and could not get rid of the slight doughnut hole quad die emitters are famous for, I then took a XPG reflector and bored the center hole slightly and the beam came out quite good. There is a very very slight x in the middle but over all it looks good.

Dave

NightKids

Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Paypal sent for:

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
OP Reflector
Free potting and copper tape
Standard Intl shipping

TOTAL: $40US

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 42B52645RG663460L)

CitizenInsane

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Yours came out right good for a MCE beam wise. I tried several styles of OP reflectors and could not get rid of the slight doughnut hole quad die emitters are famous for, I then took a XPG reflector and bored the center hole slightly and the beam came out quite good. There is a very very slight x in the middle but over all it looks good.

Dave

Awesome! Thanks for taking the extra care and attention on the drop in. The spot shouldn't bother me too much.

zxx0000

Newly Enlightened
HI

Do you mean run cooler than the U2, the S6 may run a bit cooler but both will be about the same in heat since both still use 2.8 amps so heat will be close to the same.
Extra tape is $1.50.

thanks

Dave

I thought the S6 which output lower lumens with the same amps means lower efficiency and more heat. It seems my concept on this is totally wrong :p

el_Pablo

Enlightened
Hi Nailbender,

I would like to know if the drivers that youre using have a full regulation, and can take adventage of 2 + cells (not like AMC7135 and linear current regulated drivers)

thanks

Pablo

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nailbender,

I would like to know if the drivers that youre using have a full regulation, and can take adventage of 2 + cells (not like AMC7135 and linear current regulated drivers)

thanks

Pablo

Hi

I am not sure of your question as ALL of my drivers are fully regulated. Do you not think 7135 drivers are regulated. The voltage ranges are posted pretty well on the first page of all my threads.

As listed I carry 2.8 - 6 volt drivers and they are 7135 drivers. These are Fully regulated on 1Xli ion or 2XCR123 primaries.

I do have a limited number of drivers listed on the first page that take multiple li ions or 3 or more primaries. I know of no multiple celled drivers that use 7135. I only carry a limited number of these as it is hard to find good drivers in 17mm format and many multiple celled drivers have efficiency problems.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the S6 which output lower lumens with the same amps means lower efficiency and more heat. It seems my concept on this is totally wrong :p

Hi

You may be right to some extent and I am not an electrical engineer. I take it that a more efficient emitter simply provides more lumens at the same amperage. Again while not an EE I believe heat more pertains to the amperage and voltage but again I am better at building modules.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

Paypal sent for:

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
OP Reflector
Free potting and copper tape
Standard Intl shipping

TOTAL: $40US

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 42B52645RG663460L)

Hi

Order has shipped

Dave

el_Pablo

Enlightened

thanks for your answer Dave,

What would you recommend for 2x cr123 or 2xli ion?

im looking for an xp-e2 at 1.5a or even better 1.7a (short burst)

Thank for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.