• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been playing with the modules pretty much all day, and the strangest thing just happened. I had taken out my XM-L2 module to play with the XP-G2 for a while (had the XM-L2 one in almost all day), but now I just popped the XM-L2 back in.

Weird thing is, now it has 4 modes. All today it would only cycle 3 modes, now it has 4 (which is what it is supposed to have). And when I first turned it on, it was flicking like crazy in the high mode (almost had a strobe like effect to it it was flickering so badly). And for a little while it kept flickering in high mode, but now it has stopped again. :confused:

I think I am going to have to sent it back, as I don't think it's the host as the XP-G2 didn't have any of these symptoms, and both modules I didn't modify at all except wrapping them with the copper tape (they are being swapped in the Solarforce L2N host I got from you).

Yeah, something is wrong for sure. As I was writing this I went out to my backyard to go check on something, had the light in the second to highest mode and it kept going into the turbo mode and then back to the high mode along with plenty of flickering. Now I no longer have a moonlight mode, just low-med-high again.

Let me know what I need to do to get this back to you. And I was also wondering once you get it, could you install a smooth reflector on it? Or would that be an extra charge? Cause I'm thinking this might look even better with a little throw :)

Thanks Dave!

Hi

Make sure you have a fully charged battery when testing these modules, the moonlight will be flakey and it will pulse on high and med when battery is low.

Send back to the address on the package it came in or PM me for address, and make sure your address and what the problem is included in the package.
There is a charge for changing reflectors but only a small charge since hopefully you did not think I could use your OP on another module. If it is not new it goes in the trash.

Again make sure the battery is charged as there are very few bad drivers and all do get tested. I will be glad to test it see if there is a problem.

Dave

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Make sure you have a fully charged battery when testing these modules, the moonlight will be flakey and it will pulse on high and med when battery is low.

Send back to the address on the package it came in or PM me for address, and make sure your address and what the problem is included in the package.
There is a charge for changing reflectors but only a small charge since hopefully you did not think I could use your OP on another module. If it is not new it goes in the trash.

Again make sure the battery is charged as there are very few bad drivers and all do get tested. I will be glad to test it see if there is a problem.

Dave

Just stuck a fresh 4.13v AW 3400 mAh battery in.

Light works great, actually has 4 modes again.

After playing with it for a few minuets, the flickering starts again. High and low modes, doesn't matter. The module chooses randomly which one it will flicker on at unpredictable times.

Now limited to 3 modes again, voltage of battery 4.10 :(

Since I have no other p60 hosts (other than cheap DX hosts that don't fit this module) I can't troubleshoot this in another host. But like I said, your XP-G2 module had no issues like this at all in any mode on the same battery and Solarforce L2N host you sold me. It's 4 modes cycle no problem whatsoever with absolutely no flickering on any mode. So it seems unlikely it is a switch/host problem.

I am going to send it back to you, I can only hope you see the symptoms I see. At the very least the fact this thing switches up between 3 and 4 modes should be a big tell that there is a problem.

And let me know the cost of the smooth reflector, I am pretty sure I would like to have that.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just stuck a fresh 4.13v AW 3400 mAh battery in.

Light works great, actually has 4 modes again.

After playing with it for a few minuets, the flickering starts again. High and low modes, doesn't matter. The module chooses randomly which one it will flicker on at unpredictable times.

Now limited to 3 modes again, voltage of battery 4.10 :(

Since I have no other p60 hosts (other than cheap DX hosts that don't fit this module) I can't troubleshoot this in another host. But like I said, your XP-G2 module had no issues like this at all in any mode on the same battery and Solarforce L2N host you sold me. It's 4 modes cycle no problem whatsoever with absolutely no flickering on any mode. So it seems unlikely it is a switch/host problem.

I am going to send it back to you, I can only hope you see the symptoms I see. At the very least the fact this thing switches up between 3 and 4 modes should be a big tell that there is a problem.

And let me know the cost of the smooth reflector, I am pretty sure I would like to have that.

Hi

It is not going to be the host, if the XPG2 works that rules out the host. Send it back and I will check and get it right back to you.

Dave

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Hi

It is not going to be the host, if the XPG2 works that rules out the host. Send it back and I will check and get it right back to you.

Dave

I will be sending the module out today, I PMed you the tracking number.

blitz255

Newly Enlightened
I would like to place an order for a 4 mode (moonlight, low, med, high) w/ memory and the Nichia. This will be going into a solarforce L2n and run on CR123s.
Paypal being sent now.
Thanks

almost forgot I would like the OP reflector please

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
So far my Nailbender modules have been single mode. How does the UI on the two and three level modes work?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far my Nailbender modules have been single mode. How does the UI on the two and three level modes work?

Hi

All our modules have last mode memory, this means that once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory. Once stocked to memory you simply have to double click to get back to switching mode.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to place an order for a 4 mode (moonlight, low, med, high) w/ memory and the Nichia. This will be going into a solarforce L2n and run on CR123s.
Paypal being sent now.
Thanks

almost forgot I would like the OP reflector please

Hi

Your module shipped early today.

thanks

Dave

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Hi

All our modules have last mode memory, this means that once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory. Once stocked to memory you simply have to double click to get back to switching mode.

Dave

Thats cool seem like it would work well. How low is te low mode on two mode driver?

timcharlto

Newly Enlightened
So a XM-L2 T5 would be about as bright as a XM-L U2 but more neutral, less blueish?

Do you have the taller format pill casings (something like 12mm tall by 20mm diameter?)

If so, could I get a XM-L2 T5 in the taller pill
4 Mode
No springs, wire leads soldered on instead.
No reflector. Just the pill.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a XM-L2 T5 would be about as bright as a XM-L U2 but more neutral, less blueish?

Do you have the taller format pill casings (something like 12mm tall by 20mm diameter?)

If so, could I get a XM-L2 T5 in the taller pill
4 Mode
No springs, wire leads soldered on instead.
No reflector. Just the pill.

Hi

I would say a T6 would be equal to a U2 or about one flux bin but that is my opinion others may say different.

I have one size pill which is a standard brass pill with square threads. I would have to measure to see what it is height wise. I am not sure what you mean no springs, do you not want a driver if so you don't need a positive spring might need a bit more insight.

Dave

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Have you been able to check out my XM-L2 module yet? Tracking shows it was delivered Friday, so I hope you got it.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
P60/D26 modules are 6P/C2/M2/G2/Z2 sized drop ins. Options and prices on the first post of this thread. There are many options when it come to picking a drop in: tint, throw, flood, battery voltage range, draw, modes (hi,low, strobe, memory), regulated or direct drive.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a chart showing available options for a 6p with prices

Hi

Biglou is correct all the modules on the first page will fit a 6P in fact all the P60 modules on customlites.com listed at the bottom will fit fine. You may have to trim an outer spring for a 6P but other than that all are good to go.

Let me know if you have other questions.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also is there a warranty?

Hi

The modules are warranted for defects in the building process but they are not warranted for misuse. The thing about electronics like used in these is if they work when you install them they will work unless abused since there is nothing to wear out. Since all are built to order when ordered and all in house problems are few, I know of several installed in weapons lights that have thousands of rounds on them with no failures.

We do not cover wrong batts / leaving light on high unattended till battery runs down and things in this nature. The chances of getting a bad one is slim since they are well tested before leaving the shop. Most times when we get modules returned there is nothing wrong as it was members batteries/ host or not knowing the UI. The parts in the modules are quite robust.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is shotgun mount considered abuse?

Hi

Absolutely you can use it on a shotgun, it will withstand anything like that. Shoot we sell mounts on the website so it better work in a shotgun.
Abuse is like I said trying to run 8.4 volts in a 6 volt system/ leaving light unattended on high for extended periods of time and such. This doesn't mean you cant run the light if its warm, that is not a problem and a good rule of thumb is as long as you can still hold onto the light with a bare hand the light is fine.
I got a note from a training officer who had one mounted on a shotgun he used with over 1000 shots fired through it.

Look at the tactlites thread on this forum and look at the utube vids on the thread, he uses these in his lights and in the vid he drags the light behind his truck with it lighted and it doesn't phase it.

You will be fine at what you are looking for.

Dave

Last edited: