• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for the following:084M38752337

M3 head w/ XPE2 8.4v driver, 3mode, - check your PM we've been talking about this and I left you a message.
Extension tube
L2P

54.99+5.99+22.99=83.97

You're the best!

Nick

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
Dave,
Received my order today, your stuff is awesome and quality. I can't tell you how amazed I am that it runs about the same brightness (to the eye) with one or two 18650's. Yes, you've been telling me all along that more voltage doesn't mean more power but I had to see it first hand to believe it. I'm kind of dumb like that. :stupid: .

Nice work Dave, I will definitely be getting you a couple more orders in the near future. Oh and did I say that it was here in like two days? Super Fast!!

Nick

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, is this possible?

Module 1:
Nichia 219 P60 4500k 92CRI neutral
OP reflector
3 level .8v-3 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights
Dereelight Javelin host w/ 2 x AA (NiMH)

&

Module 2:
OP reflector
5 level moonlight/ low low / low / med / high 1.5 amps
Dereelight CL1H V3 host w/ 18650 Li-Ion

Questions:
What is the current / amperage on high for the .8V-3V 3 level driver?
The drivers don't say they have memory, do they always start at one certain level? If so, which?
What's the purpose of the copper tape I see some requesting on the P60 module?

Hi
Yes both are possible since the configs you want to run are with in the specs of the driver mentioned.

The 3 level low voltage does not have memory. All the rest of my drivers have last mode memory none of them have a memorized level such as high. All but the low voltage have last mode memory meaning once light has been on for at least 3 second that level is stocked to memory.

As for amperage of low voltage, it is a true boost driver so amperage depends on how much voltage is supplied. at 3 volts it is about 1.2 amps. A single AA will be .8- 1amp depending on battery used.

Copper tape is supplied with all modules as is potting, the tape is to shim the module to the host to help with heat management.

Dave

Dave
Howdy Dave,
Maybe I read that wrong, but it looks like you said Module 2 was possible:
Module 2:
OP reflector

Is that correct, or is there only a 4 level driver available for the Nichia 219? I'd love to get the 5 level if possible.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Dave,
Maybe I read that wrong, but it looks like you said Module 2 was possible:
Module 2:
OP reflector

Is that correct, or is there only a 4 level driver available for the Nichia 219? I'd love to get the 5 level if possible.

Hi

4 Level is all we have now and for the future.

Dave

hoongern

Enlightened
Hi, I'm interested in the following module:

XML2 T6 5000K
4 level driver (1-5-30-100%), 2.8V-6V, 3Amps
Smooth Reflector

Host: Seraph SP-6 or Solarforce L2
Battery: AW 18650-2600mAh/3100mAh flat tops

Would the price be $40+$5 for priority shipping to Massachusetts?

Questions:
1) Is there any difference in efficiency/runtime between the 3 and 4 level drivers at equal levels?
2) Is the driver current regulated? (I assume it is)
3) Do the driver level percentages represent current levels (i.e. 0.01*3A, 0.05*3A, 0.3*3A, 1.0*3A)? I'm trying to figure out the expected LED lumens.
4) Any info on the expected throw/lux from this configuration, vs. OP reflector? (I'll be using it mainly for biking and would like more throw)

Thanks!

P.S. I couldn't find operation instructions on how the levels switching works, I assume it's a standard turn off/on within 2 seconds to change level, level remembered on power off?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'm interested in the following module:

XML2 T6 5000K
4 level driver (1-5-30-100%), 2.8V-6V, 3Amps
Smooth Reflector

Host: Seraph SP-6 or Solarforce L2
Battery: AW 18650-2600mAh/3100mAh flat tops

Would the price be $40+$5 for priority shipping to Massachusetts?

Questions:
1) Is there any difference in efficiency/runtime between the 3 and 4 level drivers at equal levels?
No
2) Is the driver current regulated? (I assume it is)
Yes
3) Do the driver level percentages represent current levels (i.e. 0.01*3A, 0.05*3A, 0.3*3A, 1.0*3A)? I'm trying to figure out the expected LED lumens.
It represents the percentage of total brightness. So amperage would be 5% of 3 amps/ 30% of 3amp / 100% and the moonlight doesn't register on my power supply
4) Any info on the expected throw/lux from this configuration, vs. OP reflector? (I'll be using it mainly for biking and would like more throw
No I really don't keep lux figures but if you are after throw then you want the smooth. The XML2 looks good in a smooth with a dedicated hotspot and a clean transition to a aurora.
Thanks!

P.S. I couldn't find operation instructions on how the levels switching works, I assume it's a standard turn off/on within 2 seconds to change level, level remembered on power off?

These drivers work from how long on. Levels are stocked to memory at 2-3 seconds of burn time not off time.

Dave

KillyMcGee

Newly Enlightened
I have a drop in that I purchased from you that is having some issues. How do I go about getting it repaired?

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
I see that the XP-G2 .8-3 volt drop-ins are "not available" on your website, any idea when they will be available again? I would like to order at least one more along with a couple of other items. I just received the two I ordered the other day and they are awsome on one CR123 or two AA's. Thanks.

hatedsoul

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have a minimag modded to accept P60s. I'm looking for the brightest floody drop-in that can take 2x14500s. I'm not worried about the heat or the runtime, just something to use for quickly finding lost land navigation students and impress friends with. I'm leaning towards the SST-90 with the right driver if possible. If I have to use one 14500 and a dummy, that'll work too, but I'd like to push out as much power as possible.

Any thoughts on what I should order from you?

Sorry if the questions seem dumb, I'm pretty knew at this. Thanks!

Kyle

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that the XP-G2 .8-3 volt drop-ins are "not available" on your website, any idea when they will be available again? I would like to order at least one more along with a couple of other items. I just received the two I ordered the other day and they are awsome on one CR123 or two AA's. Thanks.

Hi

I will be getting some more but they are from a vendor I order from less frequently. It could be up to 30 days before I get anymore but I will see what I can do, yours were the last two I had.

Dave

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I will be getting some more but they are from a vendor I order from less frequently. It could be up to 30 days before I get anymore but I will see what I can do, yours were the last two I had.

Dave

No rush, I can wait, it's not like I don't already own 50 flashlights. Thanks.

stoli67

Enlightened
Dave,

time for a T5 flux 4500k tint XML2 for a standard P60 surefire host... 3 level textured reflector.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 0B637730WE751582Y)

Cheers

Andrew

Firemedic262

Newly Enlightened
I would like to order 1 P60 drop in XML U3 3 modes low, med, and high. Smooth reflector please. Have I forgot any info you need. Thanks, Marc

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to order 1 P60 drop in XML U3 3 modes low, med, and high. Smooth reflector please. Have I forgot any info you need. Thanks, Marc

Hi

I can do a U2 flux XML2 but I don't have any U3's left i don't believe. Lumens are about the same and I quit carrying the XML's since everyone wanted the XML2's

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

This would be a good time to let you all know that I will be out of state helping my Mom from tomorrow until next Sat. Feel free to order but realize it will be about a week delay in shipping. I will try to watch the threads if I can get Internet service and if I can type on my durn tablet.

thanks

Dave