• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

What is the deepest red emitter that you have ?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike

That would be the Cree XPE Photo red, I believe it is 660nm. There are some others called deep red but all are 660nm.

Dave

PS if this is something you want just order the regular red module on the website and at check out leave me a note that you want Photo red and I can get it.

Ranger-RSA

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I have a SF 6P, how do you change between modes using that non-click tailcap? What is your current lead time or do you keep stock of the p60 modules?

Regards,

Clayton

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I have a SF 6P, how do you change between modes using that non-click tailcap? What is your current lead time or do you keep stock of the p60 modules?

Regards,

Clayton

Hi

As strintguy said the drivers work simply by cutting the power, other than cutting the power the switch has little to do with it. Our modules are last mode memory, once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory. To change levels you simply cut the power faster than 3 seconds to change levels.

No we do not keep any inventory, we simply offer too many emitter choices to try to determine what to stock before a newer emitter comes out. We still usually have next day shipping, that said I am still in PT 2 a week but still we usually achieve next day shipping depending on build.

Dave

Ranger-RSA

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much. I notice you don't post any outputs or am I missing something? What typically does your 4000k XPL Domeless put out with 2 x CR123? I've read some good things about the Nichia 219 as well which would be better suited for an EDC light? What would the run time be off those CR's?

Hi

As strintguy said the drivers work simply by cutting the power, other than cutting the power the switch has little to do with it. Our modules are last mode memory, once the light has been on for 3 seconds that level is stocked to memory. To change levels you simply cut the power faster than 3 seconds to change levels.

No we do not keep any inventory, we simply offer too many emitter choices to try to determine what to stock before a newer emitter comes out. We still usually have next day shipping, that said I am still in PT 2 a week but still we usually achieve next day shipping depending on build.

Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks very much. I notice you don't post any outputs or am I missing something? What typically does your 4000k XPL Domeless put out with 2 x CR123? What would the run time be off those CR's? I'd like a flood that I can carry every day in a 6P.

HI

We long time ago quit posting outputs as everyone posts cree results which are not OTF, we carry the highest flux bins and push all at 3amp. Output would be 800 plus probably.

You mentioned wanting a floody light if that is so then you should go with the XPL as the XPL-hi is much more throwy.

If batts are 1400 mah then 3000ma divided into 1400mah would be a bit less than 30 minutes, levels will increase the runtime considerably if levels are chosen.

Dave

Ranger-RSA

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dave, I edited my post while you were replying probably, how would the Nichia suit a flood EDC and what battery life could I expect?

Apologies for all the questions.

HI

We long time ago quit posting outputs as everyone posts cree results which are not OTF, we carry the highest flux bins and push all at 3amp. Output would be 800 plus probably.

You mentioned wanting a floody light if that is so then you should go with the XPL as the XPL-hi is much more throwy.

If batts are 1400 mah then 3000ma divided into 1400mah would be a bit less than 30 minutes, levels will increase the runtime considerably if levels are chosen.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave, I edited my post while you were replying probably, how would the Nichia suit a flood EDC and what battery life could I expect?

Apologies for all the questions.

HI

Nichia is a wider beam angle but much less lumens, the nichia is only about 250 lumens if you choose the 4500k 90cri. If you choose the 219C 4000k we can probably get about 400+ lumens.

Runtime for the 45k 90cri is just under an hour on high as they are pushed at 1.5 amps. The 219C is pushed a bit harder so only about 45 mintues on high but again if you choose levels they will increase runtimes considerably when high is not needed.

dave

Ranger-RSA

Newly Enlightened
Order placed on your website for the 219C.

HI

Nichia is a wider beam angle but much less lumens, the nichia is only about 250 lumens if you choose the 4500k 90cri. If you choose the 219C 4000k we can probably get about 400+ lumens.

Runtime for the 45k 90cri is just under an hour on high as they are pushed at 1.5 amps. The 219C is pushed a bit harder so only about 45 mintues on high but again if you choose levels they will increase runtimes considerably when high is not needed.

dave

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I am considering a new dropin for my 6P host. My goal is throw. So am I correct in assuming that the XPL HI module with smooth reflector will achieve what I am after? 5000k tint will be my tint of choice so I know I'll sacrifice some lumens. Would another led/reflector choice offer better throw? Sorry for the newb question, been out of lights for a while and I'm just beginning to dangle my toes into the P60 realm. Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I am considering a new dropin for my 6P host. My goal is throw. So am I correct in assuming that the XPL HI module with smooth reflector will achieve what I am after? 5000k tint will be my tint of choice so I know I'll sacrifice some lumens. Would another led/reflector choice offer better throw? Sorry for the newb question, been out of lights for a while and I'm just beginning to dangle my toes into the P60 realm. Thanks!

HI

The XPL-HI is exactly what you need, it will have the tightest beam angle other than a XPE2 which is not near as bright. Smooth reflector gives best throw but doesn't make it a super thrower but the best that can be had in a 26mm reflector. As for the 5K being less bright it is only a flux bin or so and once you go over 800 lumens bright is bright.

Do realize this is a 3 amp emitter so if that 6P is not bored you will get about 25 minutes of runtime on high. If this is what you decide on here is a link. http://customlites.com/P60-Cree-XPL-Domeless-P60-XPL-DMLS.htm

Dave

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Dave. Sounds like exactly what I want. 6P is not bored but I plan to get a 17670 or 2 to run in it. I'll be submitting my order in the next few days. Thanks again!

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just placed my order. Dave you don't offer the 1.4 amp drop in's anymore? I used to have one of those in a slick little Oveready host, what a kick *** edc that light was! Anyway, can't wait. Now I gotta go order a couple 16650's. ;)