Pandemic supply chain in your area

bykfixer

Flashaholic
2 weeks ago eggs: $2.29/ dozen
Last week eggs: $5.19/ dozen
This week eggs: $2.29/ dozen

Fritos have crossed the $6/ 9 oz bag (formerly 11oz) but this week....$1.99.

It's definitely important to compare products lately.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep hearing how eggs across the country have come down drastically. CA-compliant egg prices have not nudged either way, up or down.
We go through a few eggs monthly, and buy 18pks right now sits at $6.99 Oh, how that one cent less really helps my food budget.

Poppy

Flashaholic
During covid freezers were unobtainable. I wanted a 7 Cu ft one, and had to settle for a 5 Cu Ft one. In an area where there is a Home Depot every ten miles, I had to travel 40 miles to get it. And now they are on black friday sales.

1700965675506.png

Here it is August 2020 being brought home.

1700965994126.png

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
This picture was taken August 25, 2020.

1700968586156.png

We went kayaking and then the following day, I picked up the freezer. I don't recall why I only had two kayaks on the roof instead of three. It's just one of those mysteries. :)

IIRC I didn't take the time to remove the kayaks because although I bought the freezer online, they would only hold it until noon. So I had to get on the road ASAP.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
I keep hearing how eggs across the country have come down drastically. CA-compliant egg prices have not nudged either way, up or down.
We go through a few eggs monthly, and buy 18pks right now sits at $6.99 Oh, how that one cent less really helps my food budget.

Monthly, I do roughly 1 dozen ... and they've hovered between $1.69 to $1.89 a dozen. Of course, there are some brands that hike up over $4/dz. Don't recall what the 18ct ones are.

From what I remember, there were only a few months during the peak of the Covid scare that resulted in those dozen-sized containers getting noticeably pricier. Mostly, it's been that price for a long while now.

Go figure. Perhaps in my area there are lots of regional egg producers. No idea.