PCB for Battery Pack

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they'll take 2-3 weeks to get here from China. Ebay may be your best, make sure it's a USA seller. They are about $2 per cell more. Still not bad.

Aura5

Newly Enlightened
I notice that there are a lot of boards available with individual cell balancing (HCX-D139 Bestech,HCX-D120/103/108) @ different current/cell capacity from 8-80mA.
However I am confused about how one determines/specifies balance current/cell? How does one specify this for 6 cells in series with a total capacity of 3100mA(3.1A)?

Does this depend on the load current?

I think these PCM boards are primarily designed for motor control, hence the very high current discharge capacities? I wrote to a few suppliers & they wanted to know the max.discharge current for the PCM.

Were they referring to to the maximum "load" current? Do I need to specify, say 1A or a little more for a flashlight/circuit board requiring 1 ampere?

Secondly, will these boards sink,say @ 100mA current?

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know, but I dont think it is related to load current since it balanced after charging and before being loaded.

My guess is that it really depends on capacity. The higher the capacity the higher the different cell misbalance may be.