• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 4

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I haven't been able to find the answer to this, so I thought I'd ask the question here. Is there a "pocket" tube available for the Kilmanjaro? By default, the Kilmanjaro comes with the keychain tube and I've not been able to find a "pocket" tube available on the accessories page on the Peak site.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Is there a "pocket" tube available for the Kilmanjaro? By default, the Kilmanjaro comes with the keychain tube and I've not been able to find a "pocket" tube available on the accessories page on the Peak site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
On mine the keychain lug unscrews leaving a blind hole- not quite a true 'pocket' configuration, but at least it allows it to tail-stand.

BTW- I'm into hour 33 of a runtime test starting with a fresh Duracell. I don't have your nice computer/lightmeter set up, so I'm just doing things by eye. At hour 33 it's still noticably brighter than a CMG Infinity (not Ultra) with a fresh cell, which I'm using as my comparision standard of 'minimum usable light'. At 28 hours I did a predawn walk around and it was easily able to illuminate to the far sides of 30' long rooms, and gave enough light while pointing at the ceiling to do normal tasks, and avoid the cat toys that they rearrange at midnight to catch us out.

I'm being rather impressed, but perhaps I impress too easily.

mbely2

Enlightened
This_Is_Nascar,
I ask Dallas same question: answer was no, they don't make "pocket" style Kilimanjaro, but you can contact
Custom Design Center at <[email protected]>
and they will do it for you. Don't know how much it will cost.
Well, I contacted Custom Design Center and ask if they can make pocket style brass K.; they responded(very fast) that it can be done with next run of brass K. bodies and I will be notified when it will happen.

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Hello Sarius

Our Mediterranean and Caribbean lights are Luxeon III's. I will contact Doug and let him know. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Robyn
President
Peak LED Solutions

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sarius said:
Hi,

I have a question about the Mediterranean and Caribbean lights. On the Peak website they say that these are Luxeon III's, but the Flashlightreview's review indicates a Lux I. I was just curious as to which they actually were. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mediterranean & The Caribbean both have a Luxeon III

MJ

EDIT: OOPPPS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif That is some service

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
I haven't been able to find the answer to this, so I thought I'd ask the question here. Is there a "pocket" tube available for the Kilmanjaro? By default, the Kilmanjaro comes with the keychain tube and I've not been able to find a "pocket" tube available on the accessories page on the Peak site.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be offering these in the near future due to the request we have received. Not sure on time at this point but will let you know when it happens.

For right now the answer is no and for anyone wanting to order through the custom design center the estimated time is the same for the stock units do to the design of the negative contact point.

Hope this helps.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
RobynS said:
Hello Sarius

Our Mediterranean and Caribbean lights are Luxeon III's. I will contact Doug and let him know. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Robyn
President
Peak LED Solutions

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to have a little fun…… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So Robyn curious minds want to know will you we be offering multi LED's in the Kilmanjaro series any time soon, and if so can you please give us some information on it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

LOL….. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon11.gif

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Hello -

Well, since you brought it up, Yes we are working diligently to bring back the multi LED AA, I should have samples for photography in about a week. If all goes as planned (who am I kidding) they should be available on our site within 2 weeks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif Robyn

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks MJ and mbely2. Sarius, thanks, but as you figured out, I was looking for the smallest length possible. It sounds like this will be a standard offering in the not to distant future. As far as runtime, yes, mine run forever as we. I was up 25-hours on the meter, but then the cell on the light meter died. I should have thought to start out with a fresh battery in the meter.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I now have 40 hours of runtime on my Kilimanjaro and it is still putting out significantly useful light. As I don't have a light meter, I've been judging it by direct comparison with an original CMG Infinity Task with a fresh Duracell only turned on to do the compare. As you know, the eye is very sensitive to direct comparisons. I've been using the Infinity for a while doing house checks and such, while hardly blinding, it does put out plenty of light for normal night time tasks out to 15 feet or so. I've been considering it a good standard for 'minimum useful light'.

When you can tie up your measurement rig for half a week or so, I'd be very interested in seeing what the complete curves look like.

At 40 hours run on a fresh Duracell the Kilimanjaro is still slightly brighter than the Infinity. This far exceeded what I was expecting, as I posted up in LED forum and considering the first rate construction and finish, AA winner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
Just for grins, here's my current Peak Travel Kit:
732223-Peak%20Travel%20Set.jpg

At a bit less than four ounces total, I feel very well covered for pretty much all my travel and emergency needs. While extended discussion probably should go to a different forum, I'll mention that my experience has been that in just about every 'need to have' situation, what I really needed was good light within 20-30 feet, beyond that was almost in the 'nice to have' catagory. So that little fat dude is a McKinley, a pretty amazing micro flood that does just that, along with my watch pocket resident Matterhorn, and the Kilimanjaro which tags along as backup and emergency lighting. Way to go Peak! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Now I'm trying to decide if I really need to add one of their micro-throwers like the Caribbean, or would it just be nice to have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LowWorm said:
I've got to get me a McKinley...Sarius, is yours one of the recent versions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the Snow29 led's... seven of them! It's noticably brighter than the Primary (10 lumen) setting on my EDC, with a more floody hotspot.

LowWorm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sarius said:

Yep, the Snow29 led's... seven of them! It's noticably brighter than the Primary (10 lumen) setting on my EDC, with a more floody hotspot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, this is just what I wanted to know about the McKinley. Thanks to Sarius, TIN's got a sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

All the Peak lights are nice, but after reading about this one, I think it offers the most output value for the price. Can't wait to compare it to some of my other lights (ARC AAA-P, HDS EDC, and JiL DD).

Galiphrey

Enlightened
The McKinley is small! (I just got one.) I knew it was small, and knew everyone already knows it's small, but was still surprised by its nice size when it came to me in person. It is shorter and only slightly fatter than Infinity Ultra! -perfectly-pocketable. I agree with the sentiments above and before: the _quality_ of these lights is really fantastic. To me, this is what flashaholism's about.

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
When is the new Ocean series 1 watt AAA light coming?. How much brighter than the hi power snow AAA will it be?. And what will the runtime be?.

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bigmikey said:
When is the new Ocean series 1 watt AAA light coming?. How much brighter than the hi power snow AAA will it be?. And what will the runtime be?.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry I don't have any information available to release yet, as soon as I know something more concrete I will let you know. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Robyn

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra SS Pocket. It is unquestionably the best and most useful of all the LED flashlights that I own. I understand that the LEDs are overdriven. What would be the minimum life expectancy for the LEDs under this condition? Thanks

LowWorm

Enlightened
I'm sorry, maybe I missed this somewhere, but I was wondering if I can use rechargeable CR123s in my McKinley - if yes, does it matter if they are unprotected?