• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 4

LowWorm

Enlightened
LowWorm said:
I'm sorry, maybe I missed this somewhere, but I was wondering if I can use rechargeable CR123s in my McKinley - if yes, does it matter if they are unprotected?

:popcorn:

Okay, just checked and this question was asked a few posts above me, but I didn't see an answer...anybody from Peak out there who knows this? :poke:

DallasA

Enlightened
LowWorm said:
:popcorn:

Okay, just checked and this question was asked a few posts above me, but I didn't see an answer...anybody from Peak out there who knows this? :poke:

Sorry, Yes you can.

Have a awesome week!

MJ

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Pi_is_blue said:
How much does a 2AA pack for the Mediterranean cost?

The cost for the 2AA pack is $10.00 (Brass or HA) with a Kroll switch $15.00 plus S & H.

Just for clarification purposes, the 2AA pack will work with any of our CR123 heads (McKinley, Atlantic, Glacier Bay, Caribbean, and the Mediterranean).

You can also use alkaline, lithium, or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries in the 2AA pack.

They should be available on the web site in the accessory section by the end of the week.

Robyn

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
Question for DallasA or RobynS:
What is the approximate life expectancy of the LEDs in my Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra Snow Stainless Steel Pocket flashlight?
Thanks!

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
chimo said:
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:
Since Part 3 is now closed....

rdshores had a question on who manufacturers the Snow 29 LEDs. I think the question got swamped/missed due to the other post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I would like to know the answer as well so here is a free bump.

MJ, can you provide the answer?

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry guys I can not provide that information, however I can say someone will figure it out if they have not already.

MJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume that this is to protect "trade secrets". However, claims have been made on the Peak site with beam pics comparing the "Snow 29" to the Nichia CS. There are also some inferences that the Nichia CS LEDs in other products will have a shorter lifespan. It feels like a "trust me - ours is better" statement. While this type of statement may work with a less informed audience, I believe many people at CPF are a little more curious than the average customer.

So, while it is easy to obtain the Nichia data sheet, it is a PITA to go through all the LED manufacturers to find one that produces a white LED with a 29 cd bin. Hopefully, some one will come up with the info and inform the CPF populace. Well, thanks for providing an answer - now I can start a search instead of waiting.

How about Brightview Electronics - the one listed in one of Peak's PDF files as a reference.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I have always wondered if Peak is ever going to have a CPF special. Maybe special pricing for a period of time for CPF members? I cannot buy anything myself right now but I just always thought that maybe some day Peak might do this. It would be a nice gesture and may get even more of Peak's lights into more hands. :grin2:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may well have been answered already, but I must have missed it:
Will the Carribean work with an R123 rechargeable cell?

Thanks.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Err, I'm sorry, but I could never get VB's searches to work, so umh..what's the difference between the Atlantic, Glacier Bay, Caribbean, and the Mediterranean? Thanks!

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy,

Those are Peaks' luxeon line.

The Glacier Bay and Caribbean are the smaller pair. The Atlantic and Mediterranean have bezels which are larger than the body. The first two of each pair are listed as 1w, the latter two 1.5w and using a 3w lexeon.

lebox97

Enlightened
http://www.peakledsolutions.net/

I just ordered the caribbean w/ standard body, w/ 2 AA body, krall switch, and w/ key ring body as well (so basically I can have several different configurations depending on what I want to do) - for $120+ S&H (the accessories are not listed on website - so give them a call).

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robyn and/or M.J.,

Could you please furnish the official word on the new Peak lux models(Caribbean, etc.) and rechargeable 123 cells---OK to use?

Thanks

LowWorm

Enlightened
One more Q for Robyn or MJ:

How hot is the McKinley supposed to get? Mine gets quite warm after being on for five minutes or more. It never gets hot enough to burn, but it does border on uncomfortable...is that normal?

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
LowWorm, I've also heard of that McKinley heat issue. Mine gets a bit warm if I run it like that, but I don't think the McK is designed to be used that way. I see its niche as a compact, very-efficient keychain-type light with twice the brightness of an Infinity Ultra, but best suited for shorter (3-10 seconds) bursts. There's just not enough "meat" (metal) in its compact form to fully heat-sink the neat little critter's bright LEDs..

Additionally... what brand of battery are you running? Check out SilverFox's great 123 battery-test thread (in the Batteries section) and you'll see that the Surefire 123's got so hot his test was terminated. Surefires are strong lithiums, but some runs of 'em have been know to do this "thermal shutdown" deal. You might try Sanyo, Duracell, or Batt.Station 123's.

DallasA

Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
I have always wondered if Peak is ever going to have a CPF special. Maybe special pricing for a period of time for CPF members? :grin2:

I would need to check with Sasha and come up with something for you guys. If I get some time when I get back I will talk to Sasha and see what we can do.

MJ
:grin2:

DallasA

Enlightened
GarageBoy said:
Err, I'm sorry, but I could never get VB's searches to work, so umh..what's the difference between the Atlantic, Glacier Bay, Caribbean, and the Mediterranean? Thanks!

Atlantic = 1w Luxeon LED ( Larger Head )
Glaicer Bay = 1w Luxeon LED ( Smaller Head )
Caribbean= 3w Luxeon LED ( Smaller Head )
Mediterranean= 3w Luxeon LED ( Larger Head )

Atalantic & Mediterranean= Are the same in body design same appys to the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. The only this that makes each unit diffrent is the LED that is used.

Have a great day

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
lebox97 said:
http://www.peakledsolutions.net/

I just ordered the caribbean w/ standard body, w/ 2 AA body, krall switch, and w/ key ring body as well (so basically I can have several different configurations depending on what I want to do) - for $120+ S&H (the accessories are not listed on website - so give them a call).

I will have the accessories updated today "for sure" and will be listing some upcoming units.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
LowWorm said:
One more Q for Robyn or MJ:

How hot is the McKinley supposed to get? Mine gets quite warm after being on for five minutes or more. It never gets hot enough to burn, but it does border on uncomfortable...is that normal?

The unit will get warm if used for along period of time, however not in 5 min. Send the unit in and we will take a look.

MJ

Latest posts