• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
The problem is, I don't want lights.
I want empty heads and proto bodies.
Also there is no Canadian dealer that I saw on the site.
Also, i'd like to make use of my $10 off coupon from the cpf relief raffle.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:

Blessed? Just checked them out for the first time and had a look at the matterhorn variety. Costs $7 more there than at Peak. I don't know what the difference would be when adding shipping though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in some way, toolshop has to make some profit on those lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For me those prices are more than fair and Stefan has an excellent reputation on the german Knifeforum www.messerforum.net (right now down for server migration).
If you take into account that you don't have to deal with customs when ordering from toolshop, it becomes likely you will actually spend less than when ordering directly from peak.
I hope Stefan doesn't get angry at me when I'm telling you it's possible that in some way he will handle custom orders in the future.
I don't know if he's already talking with MJ about this issue but he told me he's willing to help. Hopefully there will be a way to handle this without too much effort for him.
If I remember correctly, the way the custom design center works now is that you get a unique number for "your" design. If one could order from the dealers using this number that would be great. MJ?

Chrisse

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I understand the reasons why Peak stopped international shipping.

However. This is indeed a sad situation for international customers. With the exception of Pocketlights , dealers catering to international customers would appear to offer a VERY LIMITED range of Peak lights for sale! Also, as mentioned in an earlier post, it appears that flashlight parts and "specials" may no longer be available to international customers!

I hope that the (international) dealers will pick up where Peak left off, in particular Pocketlights which has by far the best range of Peak lights on offer.

Alternatively, I understand that there are some domestic (USA) based companies that will buy goods from manufacturers and dealers who do not ship internationally, and then ship the goods to international customers. Of course there are additional charges for this service, and should be only used if there are no (cheaper) alternatives available.

Good luck to all concerned!!

nexro

Enlightened
Being one of the international customers, may I suggest that why not offer international shipping but only through some mail service such as Fedex, UPS or EMS? That way, signature is required upon receiving the goods and it is trackable and can be insured. Yes, it may be much more expensive but at least we get the option to choose.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:Blessed? Just checked them out for the first time and had a look at the matterhorn variety. Costs $7 more there than at Peak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck! In the last time I alsways payed ~7% costums plus 20% tax plus lots of hazzle and arguing with the customs for even relative small valued parcels.
And one content lost as mentioned above.
Could have been avoided easily if Toolshop had them at this time (was last summer).

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Being one of the international customers, may I suggest that why not offer international shipping but only through some mail service such as Fedex, UPS or EMS? That way, signature is required upon receiving the goods and it is trackable and can be insured. Yes, it may be much more expensive but at least we get the option to choose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or how about having to sign a "contract" saying that if the package gets lost in transit you will not get any replacement. Risky for the consumer, sure, but it would mean access to the full range of products.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prices from Stefan are shipping included, in Europe, with Internet tracking.
Also, he lately decreased the price on many lights.

I haven't ordered yet the Peaks, I have read they are working to improve the drivers. I'm after the "lug style" AAA, to replace the Arc AAAs.

Anthony

Freedom1955

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
IOf course I understand why Peak have decided to do what they've done. But it fu....g pisses me off that those of us who are honest get screwed over because some *******s decide to take advantage of the system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always been like this. Most people are honest but the few that aren't spoil it for the rest of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.