Pelican Flashlight to be on TV

Kirk

Enlightened
On Wednesday, January 13th, the Discovery Channel's "Factory Made" program will show how a Pelican 2410PL flashlight is made. The program is Episode 10. Showtimes vary by cable or satellite company. The company I work for sells Pelican products and this is from a Pelican distributor e-mail.

Pelican said the Discovery Channel's crew was at the factory for 2 days to make sure they got all the details.

This Episode will also show how hockey sticks, insulated windows, and school bus seats are made. I don't know when the flashlight part is.

Episode 8 (showing on the same day) will show how a Pelican Tool Chest is made.

I don't get satellite or cable, so I'll miss it. I'm hoping my brother-in-law will record it for me.

Kirk

1pt21

Enlightened
Thanks a lot for this info!

I love these types of shows. I once saw the same kind of thing on "How It's Made", another one of my favorties. Though I forget what flashlight brand it was.

:twothumbs

bstrickler

Enlightened
Added to my record list! Can't wait to see how they're made.

Now, Surefire (or another brand, even) should show off how they make their lights!

~Brian

bstrickler

Enlightened
Is it bad that I knew the LED's were XR-E Q5's as soon as I saw the optics for the LED streetlamps? Lol.

I think they went a bit overkill on heatsinking, though, unless they're running them each at 3 watts (which should give ~8,000+ lumens, if rated at 200/LED).

I'm not fond of the switch for those pelican lights, though, but I guess they serve their purpose. I guess the heatsinking isn't a big deal, though, since the average person who'd buy one wont keep it for years (by then, brighter LED's will be out)

~Brian