Penlites - do they still have a purpose?

As far as actual PENlights, alas, I have only one modest example to share -

IMG_8254.JPG

Yes, great idea for a thread.

@Dr. Jones, Please keep a close eye on those Rayovacs. I've almost lost a light to similar.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
You wouldn't imagine a thread about such a dated light would be this good.
They are dated, but not obsolete. Flashlights may have improved in some ways, but people haven't changed since penlights were introduced. Penlights are somewhat like revolvers; while at present automatic pistols seem to rule the day as regards personal weapons, people's hands haven't changed in a hundred years, and a revolver can be every bit as effective now as it was back then.

Not all progress is worthy of the title.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
As far as actual PENlights, alas, I have only one modest example to share -

View attachment 59293

Yes, great idea for a thread.

@Dr. Jones, Please keep a close eye on those Rayovacs. I've almost lost a light to similar.
Neat light, and thanks for the warning, Chance! I've learned the hard way not to trust alkaleak batteries, after several sad episodes.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
So for what its worth I got a very bright 2xAAA light. Hardly a penlight since it has a wider head than the body. It runs a bright Osram LED with two white Fujitsu NIMH batteries but the run time is very short. You get a Stylus or V12 and they go on endlessly.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was given a penlight with an order from hakko.
It probably will be a pain to replace the button cells in it someday but for now its working.
I dont write much anymore but nice anyway

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
This is the only "penlight" I have left. Not very bright, but I find myself carrying it as a backup; its great when you don't want a ton of light but need to keep control of the flashlight - kind of tough to do with a Microstream.
h3radFn[1].jpg

3_gun

Enlightened
For my needs the penlight is dead, not that I don't own a few. With 14500 lights usually having a moonlight shortcut carrying a light that is only a moonlight output is kinda pointless for me.

For my needs the penlight is dead, not that I don't own a few. With 14500 lights usually having a moonlight shortcut carrying a light that is only a moonlight output is kinda pointless for me.
Good Sir, You have pooped on this wonderful thread. The only chance you have to redeem yourself is to post a picture/s of your penlights.