Why do LED lights still suck and why do I still use incans or HIDs, your opinions or disagreements please.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember back around 2006 or 2007 I had some early cool tinted LED lights that were all the rage. I was looking at something at a distance and I could not figure out what it was for quite awhile. I didn't want to get closer. Then I took out my E2e and turned it on and could instantly recognize it. That's why LED's are silly to me and I still EDC xenon incans.

hsa

Enlightened
Good for you. Choose and use what works for you. I, for one would be a fool for telling you that you are doing it wrong.
I use an 18 year old Streamlight Strion indoors, incandescent, and a whole bunch of different LEDs outdoors. It works for me.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sort of agree, it's so nice to not have to carry so many spare batteries around though. I do wonder why neutral, high-CRI lights aren't more common though.

3_gun

Enlightened
You just bought the wrong LED light{s}. I have several high CRI(90+) lights that throw to over 100yds+ w/o issues. I also have more than a few incans that get regular use. A high CRI LED out preforms in bulb life & run times by such a wide margin I doubt I'll ever use the spare bulbs I have for my incans. That said NO my incan lights &/or bulbs are not for sale.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just bought the wrong LED light{s}. I have several high CRI(90+) lights that throw to over 100yds+ w/o issues. I also have more than a few incans that get regular use. A high CRI LED out preforms in bulb life & run times by such a wide margin I doubt I'll ever use the spare bulbs I have for my incans. That said NO my incan lights &/or bulbs are not for sale.

A 2C and 2D Maglite I had back then could hit up the addresses I was looking at from the street back in 2004 and 2005 doing pizza delivery. No LED light had, or still have can do that.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

can't believe I even posted in this thread

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it matters little to me what lights you prefer, your basis for comparison is some 16 years old and has missed some considerable improvements in performance.

I understand your opinion and have used many high CRI LED lights.. it's just not the same thing.

I mean..
I find it hilarious that people pretend so much.. 95CRI lights are not the same as a xenon lamp or an HID. It's so ridiculous to me.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grew up with Krypton and Xenon so that is what I like. I can afford the bulbs and batteries so it is ok. I also buy spares in case they don't make any ever again.

Lastly even a MagLite Solitaire is pretty ****ing amazing!

The future looks bright even with old incans.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its
I remember back around 2006 or 2007 I had some early cool tinted LED lights that were all the rage. I was looking at something at a distance and I could not figure out what it was for quite awhile. I didn't want to get closer. Then I took out my E2e and turned it on and could instantly recognize it. That's why LED's are silly to me and I still EDC xenon incans.
people like you is why this country is meesed up i reported you to the mods i also told my mother about you and lol . im just messing withg you but damn i hate a incan

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I miss having a newspaper. I like books, but I spend most of my time reading on the internet. I still prefer to use a printed telephone book, and I don't like smart phones. I'm half in the past, and half in the present. I imagine that is the way a lot of us grumpy old men are. Personally, I don't care what technology the OP uses. I use what I use, and what I use is nobody's business. I don't know why this thread was even started, other than to start arguments. It doesn't matter, use what you want. Use a candle if you want! :au: