Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some retro incans.

Attachments

• 3D7A3B14-8B1C-4541-B7B3-B87E1E4B8860.jpeg
    3D7A3B14-8B1C-4541-B7B3-B87E1E4B8860.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 66

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no interest in these tools as weapons. Realistically they are too short to use as a baton being less than 24-30+ inches and based on my training in an encounter that results in me needing to use a weapon to stop a threat it is very important that the other person doesn't survive because they will tell a court any lie to get out of trouble. A baton isn't going to help with this.

While I typically use my lights around the house or walking down dark country roads I fancy the idea of them being search and rescue class lights. So far I've been able to buy a few tactical lights when I was in a half way house after serving time for gun crime and international terrorism and probation doesn't see any problem with my collecting so I don't really want to rock the boat.

In my country or in places like UK, Canada, Aus, etc you have a lot of Karens that are scared of anything and everything and they wish to ban anything they see as scary. I don't want to see flashlights in that category so I don't try to misuse them.

Right now in Alberta flashlights that are past a certain length are unlawful and USA has ITAR banning the export of some flashlights like Surefire. All it takes is for some ignorant monkeys to see flashlights as some kind of assault weapon and they are banned for having features and you have to be a certain age to purchase, and the serial numbers are recorded at time of purchase/transfer, and you have to pass a CBC to get one.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have no interest in these tools as weapons. Realistically they are too short to use as a baton being less than 24-30+ inches and based on my training in an encounter that results in me needing to use a weapon to stop a threat it is very important that the other person doesn't survive because they will tell a court any lie to get out of trouble. A baton isn't going to help with this.

While I typically use my lights around the house or walking down dark country roads I fancy the idea of them being search and rescue class lights. So far I've been able to buy a few tactical lights when I was in a half way house after serving time for gun crime and international terrorism and probation doesn't see any problem with my collecting so I don't really want to rock the boat.

In my country or in places like UK, Canada, Aus, etc you have a lot of Karens that are scared of anything and everything and they wish to ban anything they see as scary. I don't want to see flashlights in that category so I don't try to misuse them.

Right now in Alberta flashlights that are past a certain length are unlawful and USA has ITAR banning the export of some flashlights like Surefire. All it takes is for some ignorant monkeys to see flashlights as some kind of assault weapon and they are banned for having features and you have to be a certain age to purchase, and the serial numbers are recorded at time of purchase/transfer, and you have to pass a CBC to get one.
That's your right. However, 5-6D Maglights have indeed been used as a defensive weapon. Also a number of light bezels have weapon oriented scalloped bezels. Depends on your environment what you want to carry. A quick search turns up many like this one:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grinded mine down on a daily carry Securiled. The Dutch politie don't seem to see those bezels as harmless.

One of those stun lights was seized going into Canada and a man charged with a crinimal offense.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A staggering number of short flashlights can be used as hammer-fist enhancers. Heck the 2AA Mini-Maglite model was originally designed as a street-legal kubaton. It just happen to become wildly popular as a small flashlight that could actually be carried around and used on the job. To the point that Maglite has very quietly made sure NOT to emphasize that fact of its creation. Yes, it was originally designed as a covert weapon.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contrary to popular belief, 5-6d/c are not good strike weapons, they are too long/heavy to be effective, 3d is the best actually, long heavy light will not let you swing fast enough. you may swing once but unless the other guy is not resisting or evading you'll not gonna have a chance to swing again.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contrary to popular belief, 5-6d/c are not good strike weapons, they are too long/heavy to be effective, 3d is the best actually, long heavy light will not let you swing fast enough. you may swing once but unless the other guy is not resisting or evading you'll not gonna have a chance to swing again.
I agree, but I always preferred the 4D as optimal size for me. Magcharger is the best size though. Which is pretty much a 3D.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

I don't agree. The 5-6D essentially work as a solid weighty club, and with a longer length giving more swinging velocity as well as farther distance from attacker.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Have to disagree with you concerning my 7C Maglite.
Not too heavy at all. Even one-handed.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swing velocity comes from your wrist, longer lever requires more force, it is simple physics. your hand is a pivot point. feel free to disagree, but try 3d vs 6d and see which one you can swing faster

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Swing velocity comes from your wrist, longer lever requires more force, it is simple physics. your hand is a pivot point. feel free to disagree, but try 3d vs 6d and see which one you can swing faster
The overall lower weight of C-cells definitely plays into the swing factor, when we're talking an even number of C vs. D batteries. Obviously not much difference between one for one. But as the numbers of both increases, the lower overall weight of C-cells combined with the narrower, easier to hold onto barrels plays a big difference if you need to swing both effectively and quickly. Found that out from experience. I currently only own one 3D-cell Maglite. I buy the Cs exclusively from Maglite for years now.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You all talking about using a flashlight as a protection weapon and I'm over here saying I'll just give him my money so I don't scratch my light😂😂
Get you a used Maglite that itself has been beat to hell.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a personal preference, but the flashlights actually designed to be used as police batons were fairly long. 24"+ wooden nightstick with a 2-cell flashlight inside, 18-26" aluminum flashlights with 5 C-cells, and a 7 AA-cell about 17" long.

A staggering number of short flashlights can be used as hammer-fist enhancers. Heck the 2AA Mini-Maglite model was originally designed as a street-legal kubaton. It just happen to become wildly popular as a small flashlight that could actually be carried around and used on the job. To the point that Maglite has very quietly made sure NOT to emphasize that fact of its creation. Yes, it was originally designed as a covert weapon.

Pop quiz for anyone deep into the weeds of flashlight esoterica: Name the pocket flashlight explicitly designed as a jujutsu hand weapon that predated the Mini Mag.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The overall lower weight of C-cells definitely plays into the swing factor, when we're talking an even number of C vs. D batteries. Obviously not much difference between one for one. But as the numbers of both increases, the lower overall weight of C-cells combined with the narrower, easier to hold onto barrels plays a big difference if you need to swing both effectively and quickly. Found that out from experience. I currently only own one 3D-cell Maglite. I buy the Cs exclusively from Maglite for years now.
I wish they made 4 and 6C ML50LX's.....a 8C ML50LX would be cool too.