Why do LED lights still suck and why do I still use incans or HIDs, your opinions or disagreements please.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
@DRoc You should go on kaidomain and grab a few of their lamps. They're only a couple dollars each, and very high quality. And last forever. I've never burned one out
Did this ten years ago when I stocked up on all my incans. Got a bunch of those 3.7V Incan drop ins for like $3.25 each.
If you read my previous post, I alluded to 2013. I had been hoarding incandescent for a couple years at that point, knowing full well that Incan were going to dry up someday.
If I recall correctly, i almost spent 1500$ on lamps from BatteryJunction…
There's a place in my area that's still selling P90's, but I didn't see those on Surefire's website.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did this ten years ago when I stocked up on all my incans. Got a bunch of those 3.7V Incan drop ins for like $3.25 each.
If you read my previous post, I alluded to 2013. I had been hoarding incandescent for a couple years at that point, knowing full well that Incan were going to dry up someday.
If I recall correctly, i almost spent 1500$ on lamps from BatteryJunction…
There's a place in my area that's still selling P90's, but I didn't see those on Surefire's website.
Ok good. Just wanted to point those out if you didn't know about them. I did see the 2013 bit, but you said you stocked up on surefire assemblies. The kaidomain 7.4v lamps are pretty close to a p90. The p91 was impressive for the short time I got to spend with it. Until the repeated abuse of 2x imr 18650s did it in.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
I was going to purchase a new LED from one of a few limited choices, but I have so many lamps, parts and flashlights from Surefire that I figured my Christmas gift to me was 200 Titanium Innovations 123's from BJ.
Love LED, but my incandescent lights have so much character

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
Place in Canada still has P90's on their site..30$
But only one…one other has them for 20$
I'll see if it's there next week

Last edited: