Pet likes - the opposite of pet peeves

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I thought of more.

The smell of fresh rain.

Cracking the top of a creme brulee and then eating it of course.

When there is a parcel in the mail, usually a light or knife.

Knocking off on a Friday afternoon.

Spending time with loved ones, including the pets.

Holidays.

Oh and that naughty thing you get up to with that special someone ;)

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper said:
I like Habenero based hot sauce and never met a crawdead I did not like.
Topper:laughing:
If you like habanero sauce, you just gotta get some Harry's Habanero Sauce. I buy it by the 12 pack. It's like the Boulder Hot Sauce Co. says - it's not just the heat, but also about the flavor, and I've never had better. In fact after I tried Harry's Habanero sauce, I quit looking for better. This is one of the secret ingredients in Jim's famous beans - ask anyone who has been to one of our pot luck get togethers here in the Bay Area.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
LifeNRA said:
I love old houses. I always wonder what stories they hold. How many children grew up there. Where are they now. Every home has a story that is uniquely its own. A story that will never be told or known except by the people who lived there.
When I was a land surveyor I always liked finding an old house site way back in the woods that the world had forgotten about. Sometimes you could still see the ruts made by wagon wheels leading up to the house site. And most of the time there were Easter lily's still growing in an outline of the house.
I know what you mean. What you describe sounds like where I went to college - north coast of the upper peninsula of Michigan. Quite a while back there was a copper mining boom, similar to the gold rush in California, but then all the profitable copper mining dried up. There are real ghost towns up there and a lot of single houses away from anywhere that have been abandoned.

Once we came across an old house that had been abandoned. All the windows were broken and there was nothing in the house except and old piano (pretty bad shape) and an old pump organ. We loaded th organ in my friend's jeep and hauled it back to the dorm. One of my friends actually knew how to tune an organ. After a couple of months and a lot of refurbishing work, we had the only functional organ in the entire dorm.

Navistar

Newly Enlightened
I do electrical work in a lot of fancy office buildings that are full of rich suit wearing types and I've always been amazed how often the "suits" will go out of the way to hold the door or elevator open when they see you're pushing or carrying something heavy or large and ackward. :)

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Children (of all ages) and of course, my own!
I like "Benchmade Boy" and I've never met him in person, but I like what he has to say!!
Dogs and Puppies.
Naps in the afternoon.
A blue sky, sunny day.
Quiet
Playing golf by myself, late afternoon on a tree lined green course.
Doing something nice for someone else and not telling them about it.
Running on the beach at the Ocean; then contemplating the sheer beauty.
Thanksgiving

jeffb

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeffb said:
I like "Benchmade Boy" and I've never met him in person, but I like what he has to say!!
Thank you, that means a lot to me. i really do appriciate it when somone complements me.

Thank you

Have a great day!

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
benchmade_boy,
From my post of 9/29/06 in the cafe :)

quote:
You are an inspiration. I could not imagine going through that at age 15. Your maturiy level is beyond your years and I am gald to know you.
I hope and pray that everything gets better for you.
God bless,
Jeff

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LifeNRA said:
benchmade_boy,
From my post of 9/29/06 in the cafe :)

quote:
You are an inspiration. I could not imagine going through that at age 15. Your maturiy level is beyond your years and I am gald to know you.
I hope and pray that everything gets better for you.
God bless,
Jeff
yes lifeNRA you are right and i do thank you, but i took that as more of an inspiration and a compliment but not a derict complement, if you know what i meen? and i do take back that that was my first since i have delt with a couple of people that complemented me.

sorry for my mistake

David Miller

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't get all warm and fuzzy about much of anything anymore...

But, when my Cousin makes beef tips and rice I LIKE it!

There is a cat who hangs around the shop, and I rather like cats.

And I feel pretty good about 21.020MPG on the last fillup of my RAM2500 CTD!!!

Lastly when I find a GOOD book (I read lots of books and not all are good!) I can be very content to read for hours.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
LifeNRA said:
I love old houses. I always wonder what stories they hold. How many children grew up there. Where are they now. Every home has a story that is uniquely its own. A story that will never be told or known except by the people who lived there.
When I was a land surveyor I always liked finding an old house site way back in the woods that the world had forgotten about. Sometimes you could still see the ruts made by wagon wheels leading up to the house site. And most of the time there were Easter lily's still growing in an outline of the house.

You're a very observant person, Jeff. It sounds like you've got a hidden writing talent there. :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'll echo many of the thoughts already posted here.

Animals. I love animals, especially pets. They're so unassuming and unpretentious. They don't hold grudges. They're quick to forgive. They offer us unconditional love, regardless of what we look like, how much money we have, what kind of car we drive, or even when we're grungey and need a shower.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
PhotonWrangler said:
You're a very observant person, Jeff. It sounds like you've got a hidden writing talent there. :)
Thank you for the compliment.
Thoughts in my head are one thing but putting them down on paper is another. I would need a really good proof reader.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Concept said:
Is that your pet squirrel/chipmunk? PW, really cute BTW.

What sort of light is that imposed on its head?

I wish it was; it was just a photo of a chipmunk that I came across somewhere. I placed a streamlight headlight on his little head so he can see inside his burrow. :)

My S.O. had a pet chipmunk as a child. The family rehabilitated it after they found it, apparently poisoned, in the yard. The little fella bonded to them and loved nothing more than playing with them!

richpalm

Banned
Animals! With my bad history of depression I'd be sitting in the state hospital without my dog and cat. They really keep me sane.

Sleeping. Goes with the territory.

HOT peppers!

CPF comraderie at the Photon Fests.

Sleeping.

Shortwave listening.

Going out to breakfast.

Sleeping.

A well done CPF deal.

Rail photography. (See some of my stuff here: http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=4208 )

Did I mention sleeping?

Oh, and flashlights!

Rich

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
1.) When receiving my change back at a drive-thru window and the attendant hands me change first, then the paper money, and finally my receipt so i don't drop any of it.

2.) I love when i come up to an intersection and my light turns green so i don't have to slow down or otherwise hesitate my driving pattern.

3.) Listening to certain songs that bring back memories of good times that make you smile and wish to go back to that point in time.

good times... :grin2:

Last edited:

Danbo

Enlightened
Metal detecting on a nice Fall or Spring day, after a nice rain the day before. The ground is nice and soft, and there's no overbearing heat to deal with. There's nothing like finding stuff buried in the ground; especially if you're hunting in an area with a lot of history, as you really NEVER know what you'll find.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Danbo said:
Metal detecting on a nice Fall or Spring day, after a nice rain the day before. The ground is nice and soft, and there's no overbearing heat to deal with. There's nothing like finding stuff buried in the ground; especially if you're hunting in an area with a lot of history, as you really NEVER know what you'll find.
That does sound nice. I have always thought about metal detecting but never bought one.

Danbo

Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
That does sound nice. I have always thought about metal detecting but never bought one.

PM me if you ever get serious about it. I'll do my best to steer you in the right direction. There's some crappy detectors out there; and there's also some decent ones that are vastly overpriced and overrated. I'll save you some money and some headaches.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Danbo said:
PM me if you ever get serious about it. I'll do my best to steer you in the right direction. There's some crappy detectors out there; and there's also some decent ones that are vastly overpriced and overrated. I'll save you some money and some headaches.
I appreciate the offer. It will probably be a while before I could afford to get into it. I will remember your offer though.

Latest posts