Pet likes - the opposite of pet peeves

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonBoy said:
An empty highway with no cops, lots of hills and turns in a small car with a big engine with a 5 speed manual transmission on a cool fall day.

:rock::rock::rock:

Although I find I'm really enjoying the six speed in my STi.

People who say please and thank you not because it's expected but because they mean it.

My wife and everything she does.

:buddies:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Working for a company that doesn't lay you off as soon as there is a work shortage, and you are between projects.

Working for a company that holds a lunchtime Halloween party with free pizza and gives $200, $150, and $125 prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the Halloween costume contest, and $75, $50, and $25 for the winners of the pumpkin carving contest.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH said:
Working for a company that doesn't lay you off as soon as there is a work shortage, and you are between projects.

Owning my own business!

People who have their headlights aimed properly.

People who leave their fog/driving/WHATEVER lights off when not truly needed.

People who turn ON their headlights not just when they need to see, but when other people need to see them.

Kerosene lamps and other diesel powered doohickies.

Pet like threads. This really is a lot more fun than pet peeves. :)

:buddies:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
PhotonBoy said:
An empty highway with no cops, lots of hills and turns in a small car with a big engine with a 5 speed manual transmission on a cool fall day.

[size=-1]It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes; it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

:grin2:
[/size]

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Danbo said:
Metal detecting on a nice Fall or Spring day, after a nice rain the day before. The ground is nice and soft, and there's no overbearing heat to deal with. There's nothing like finding stuff buried in the ground; especially if you're hunting in an area with a lot of history, as you really NEVER know what you'll find.

Danbo, I've toyed with this idea also. It sounds like a lot of fun. I bought a cheap-o metal detector at a hamfest a few years ago just to remind me to get started.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:

[size=-1]It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes; it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

:grin2:
[/size]
You got it, Elwood.
thumbsup_cool.gif

Danbo

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
Danbo, I've toyed with this idea also. It sounds like a lot of fun. I bought a cheap-o metal detector at a hamfest a few years ago just to remind me to get started.

Spend some money and get a good detector. Buy quality and only cry once. Minelab, Tesoro and Fisher are some of my favs. Whites and Garrett are good detectors, but fall into the too expensive/hyped up catagory, IMHO.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love when I'm about to take a nap and my dogs jumps up on my bed and snuggles up next to me to share a snooze.

I love when I pick up my dog (don't worry, he only weighs twenty pounds) and he licks and paws at my face.

I love just looking at my dog. He's very handsome!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Puns.

Yesterday, my friends and I were talking about the spheroid nature of our planet and whether it would remain as it is or continue to flatten out over time (I was just listening, actually). The one saying that the Earth would keep its shape instead of getting flatter said the following (direct quote, by the way):

"The Earth has been spinning for thousands of years!"

I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes. It was a simple slip of the tongue (and wasn't a pun), but it was darn funny.

I had to correct some misguided notions about the timeline of our universe after that, but oh well.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I found one more like that I never in a thousand years would have believed.

My Boss/Uncles "new" '91 Harley Sportster 883. We heard it run today (spraying gas into the carb all the while) and it sounds just peachy! Not too loud or anything.

Word is (heard it from co-worker at bowling tonight) that the carb needs soaking and cleaning BIG TIME! Heck, it only sat idle for a little over two years.... and NO ONE EVER thought of Stabil or anything like it!

We had drained and freshing up the gas in the tank....

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump! Thought this thread died far too soon.

Pet likes:

People who use their turn signals.
Cats and dogs and assorted other critters that show love in their varied ways.
Cold leftover pizza for breakfast.
Good coffee.
A hot, hearty meal after a long day's hard work in foul weather.
A snuggle and snooze on the couch with my wife, in front of the wood stove.
Getting packages in the mail.
Good books.
Keeping an eye on the neighbor's house while he's gone, feeding his critters, and taking in his mail; knowing that while I'm gone he'll do the same for me.
Indoor plumbing.

C'mon folks, post some more pet likes! :buddies:

TorchMan

Enlightened
So many good ones already posted. One of mine is the icy layer of milk that forms when poured over vanilla ice cream. Guess what I haven't had in a long while now? :drool:

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Recently came across one of my old flashlights.

Was sitting around, totally forgotten, in the bottom of my gear bag.

Nearly Ten Years since it had seen the light of day.

And naturally, it still had its batteries inside.
awman.gif

Opened it up (over the garbage can), expecting the worst.

But these Eveready alkalines (AA size) were still in pristine shape !
happy14.gif

Checked the date on 'em. I always write the date installed, with a Sharpie.
(anybody else do that ?)

It was the Summer of 1997. Truly almost 10 years.

A very pleasant surprise !
smile.gif

(since this is for Pet Likes, i will refrain from mentioning my lovely Blue Mag-Lite 2D-cell which was totally RUINED
by Energizer alkalines which "took a dump" after just over a year. At room temperature, no less. Happened last March.

Can you tell that it still bothers me ?
mad.gif
rant.gif
icon8.gif

But i'm not gonna' mention it here. )

Qben

Newly Enlightened
People who thank soldiers and their families for their service, especially when you can tell that they have some notion of the hardships.