petition, request from (a) Arc fan(s)

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
10, 20, or even 100 posts on CPF is not the same as "a market". I don't know how many AA's Peter would have to sell in order to break even on the work needed to put one into production, but I would wager it is well over 100 lights. Don't make the assumption that CPF is the main market that Arc caters to. CPF members are probably a small fraction of Arc's sales.

That said, I would be very happy if an updated AA is offered, and would buy one or two.

I really don't understand how ARC works. They know for a fact that there is a market for the ARC AA, yet they continue to hold off on making some.

Is the Nichia GS readily available? A GS ARC AA running at 5 lumens would have excellent runtime, and this site would go wild over it.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy a few.

The AA I own has a lithium battery and lives in my travel/1st aid kit. I know it will work when called upon. A new brighter one would definitely be in my hiking gear and work disaster kit.

And if these were offered I would also have to get a new AAA GS.

So for the cost of re-tooling your production line you would get 3 guaranteed sales from me! What a deal...

Last edited:

Moat

Enlightened
The AA's deeper reflector would better accommodate/protect the slightly longer GS LED, as well... a perfect reason for one! :naughty:

I'd be in for one or two - especially if it was an XLR (@ 25-30mA max LED current). That'd be X-tra schweet!! :thumbsup:

bobofish

Newly Enlightened
I really don't mean to be rude, but if CPF is not the primary or one of the primary markets for Arc products, then what is?

I first heard about Arc about a year ago on Multitoolforum, since then I've seen them pop up on bladeforums and google searched them a couple dozen times for info. Of course after I found out about them I went to the website, and then here. They sell direct which is fine, I even encourage it. But get the word out a little!