PF12! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxlover

Banned
So how long until PF12 starts?
At 12:25AM, it's too early in the day to ask such a difficult question. In addition, don't get me started with the world renowned countdown, which in turn will get senecaripple started with his special countdown. :crackup:

Moon phase will be a day after the Quarter Moon, with 59% exposure.
Sunset will be at 7:57PM.

Jeff

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.fireupthefox.com/?id=89185

days

hours

minutes

seconds

ERROR:
You need to turn on JavaScript to run the countdown clock.

At 12:25AM, it's too early in the day to ask such a difficult question. In addition, don't get me started with the world renowned countdown, which in turn will get senecaripple started with his special countdown. :crackup:

Jeff

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moon phases for New York, U.S.A. - New York

<2008 year 2009 2010>
LunationNew MoonFirst QuarterFull MoonThird QuarterDuration1064 Jan 46:56 AMJan 1010:27 PMJan 179:46 PM29d 19h 33m 1065Jan 262:56 AMFeb 26:13 PMFeb 99:49 AMFeb 164:37 PM29d 17h 40m 1066Feb 248:35 PMMar 42:46 AMMar 1010:38 PMMar 181:48 PM29d 14h 31m 1067Mar 2612:06 PMApr 210:34 AMApr 910:56 AMApr 179:37 AM29d 11h 17m 1068Apr 2411:23 PMMay 14:44 PMMay 912:02 AMMay 173:26 AM29d 8h 49m 1069May 248:11 AMMay 3011:22 PMJun 72:12 PMJun 156:15 PM29d 7h 24m 1070Jun 223:35 PMJun 297:29 AMJul 75:22 AMJul 155:53 AM29d 6h 59m 1071Jul 2110:35 PMJul 286:00 PMAug 58:55 PMAug 132:55 PM29d 7h 27m 1072Aug 206:01 AMAug 277:42 AMSep 412:02 PMSep 1110:16 PM29d 8h 43m 1073Sep 182:44 PMSep 2612:49 AMOct 42:10 AMOct 114:56 AM29d 10h 49m 1074Oct 181:33 AMOct 258:42 PMNov 22:14 PMNov 910:56 AM29d 13h 41m 1075Nov 162:14 PMNov 244:39 PMDec 22:31 AMDec 87:14 PM29d 16h 48m 1076Dec 167:02 AMDec 2412:36 PMDec 312:13 PM 29d 19h 10m

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Virtual Reality Phase of the Moon

2009 May 2, 8 hrs ET

m098.gif

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
May 2009 Monthly Sky Guide

By Nick Greene, About.com

Filed In:

1. Resources

Learn what is happening in May 2009 and what has happened in May in the past. Discover highlights of the night sky and learn what to look for in May 2009.
May Highlight - Half Dozen Planets

NASA
As April ended, Mercury had taken center stage. The first week of May, it will continue to be visible, though becoming harder to spot. Saturn continues to be one to watch for while Jupiter and Neptune will cruise together for a while in the mornings. Another couple cruising the morning skies together will be Venus and Mars. Especially wtach for them on the 21st as the crescent moon will add the third point on a celestial traingle. Fickle Uranus can't decide who it likes more. Early in the month it can be spotted hanging around Venus and Mars but as the month progresses it will travel closer to Jupiter and Neptune.

May Skymap

Nick Greene
Check out this map for the month of May, or create your own customized map with our Free Sky Maps tool. Note: This map is for a median time and location and may have slight differences from your location and viewing time. Planets and moons shown on this map will have the highest probability of appearing in different locations.
Use this handy Sky Map Symbols Key to figure out what you should be looking for.

Events in May

Check out our Astronomical Events Calendar to learn about other happenings in space and on Earth. Here is a sampling of highlights.
  • 2 - Astronomy Day
  • 2 - Venus at Greatest Brilliance
  • 5 - Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak
  • 7 - Space Day
  • 18 - 40th Anniversary (1969), Apollo 10 Launch
  • 18 - Mercury is in Inferior Conjunction
  • 25 - Soyuz TMA-15 Soyuz FG Launch (International Space Station 19S)
  • 28 - 50th Anniversary (1959), Jupiter C Launch Of Two Monkeys (Able & Baker)

Featured Constellation - Canis Minor

Public Domain
This month, the constellation Canis Minor can be seen high in the sky. Let's take a closer look at Canis Minor.
  • The Lesser Dog
  • Genitive: Can Minoris
  • Abbreviations: CMi, C Min
  • Right Ascension, (h): 8
  • Declination, (deg): 5N

Featured Biography - Donald K. Slayton

NASA
Born March 1, 1924, in Sparta, WI, Donald K. Slayton was named as one of the Mercury astronauts in April 1959. He made his first space flight as Apollo docking module pilot of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) mission, July 15-24, 1975—a joint space flight culminating in the first historical meeting in space between American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts. Deke Slayton died June 13, 1993.

This Month in History

NASA
Check every day to learn what happened "This Day in History."
  • 2: 1885 - Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck was appointed extraordinary professor of theoretical physics in Kiel.
  • 6: 2001 - The Russian Soyuz capsule, returning from the International Space Station (ISS), touched down right on time, carrying Dennis Tito, the world's first space tourist.
  • 10: 1897 - Konstantin Eduardovitch Tsiolkovsky (Russian Rocketry Pioneer) created his calculations about space flight theory.
  • 18: 1969 - Apollo 10, USA Lunar Manned Orbiter, (May 18-26, 1969) launched.
  • 25: 1543 - Nicolaus Copernicus died in Frauenburg (now Frombork), Poland.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened

Jeff

look what you did now Jeff, the moon loon is off and running :laughing:

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
Sam,
Thank you for the infinitely priceless information in your post #s 49, 50, 51 and 52. I couldn't have slept without reading all of it. Since you are an astronomy aficionado, I must ask a question that has plagued humanity since the Greek language has been adopted for medical terminology. Why is a hemorrhoid called such, and not an assteroid? :thinking:

Jeff

luxlover

Banned
Look what you did now Jeff, The Moon Loon is off and running! :laughing:
That is brilliant Tim. :twothumbs But we have a dilemma. From now on, should his name be Seneca "The Moon Loon" Ripple, or Sam "The Moon Loon" Chu? Six of one, half dozen of the other!:popcorn:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sam,
Thank you for the infinitely priceless information in your post #s 49, 50, 51 and 52. I couldn't have slept without reading all of it. Since you are an astronomy aficionado, I must ask a question that has plagued humanity since the Greek language has been adopted for medical terminology. Why is a hemorrhoid called such, and not an assteroid? :thinking:

Jeff

Hemorrhoids (AmE), haemorrhoids (BrE), emerods, or piles are swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus. The anatomical term "hemorrhoids" technically refers to "'Cushions of tissue filled with blood vessels at the junction of the rectum and the anus."[1] However, the term is popularly used to refer to varicosities of the hemorrhoid tissue. Perianal hematoma are sometimes misdiagnosed and mislabeled as hemorrhoids, when in fact they have different causes and treatments.[2]

Asteroids, sometimes called minor planets or planetoids, are bodies—primarily of the inner Solar System—that are smaller than planets but larger than meteoroids, but exclude comets. The distinction between asteroids and comets is made on visual appearance when discovered: Comets show a perceptible coma while asteroids do not.

Luxlover, Toocool (or Jeff, Tim in British English) is euphemism for lover of all anus and is often used most at photofest get-together. It is formed from arse, which according to the Oxford English Dictionary has been used since the 21th century to refer to the rump of an animal and since the 21th century to refer to a person's buttocks. The combined form luxlover is first attested pf2 in its literal use to refer to the anus. The metaphorical use of the word to refer to the best place in a region (e.g., "the arsehole of the world", "brooklyn", "Briarcliff Manor") is first attested in print in 2004; the use to refer to a knowledable person of flashlights is first attested in 2004.[1] Its first appearance as an complimentary term in a forum is indexed by Google News is in 2004.[2] But as with other compliments, these uses of the word may have been common in oral speech for some time before their first print appearances. Hustler magazine featured people they like as "luxlover of the month."[3]:nana::nana:

luxlover

Banned
Hemorrhoids (AmE), haemorrhoids (BrE), emerods, or piles are swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus. The anatomical term "hemorrhoids" technically refers to "'Cushions of tissue filled with blood vessels at the junction of the rectum and the anus."[1] However, the term is popularly used to refer to varicosities of the hemorrhoid tissue. Perianal hematoma are sometimes misdiagnosed and mislabeled as hemorrhoids, when in fact they have different causes and treatments.[2]

Asteroids, sometimes called minor planets or planetoids, are bodies—primarily of the inner Solar System—that are smaller than planets but larger than meteoroids, but exclude comets. The distinction between asteroids and comets is made on visual appearance when discovered: Comets show a perceptible coma while asteroids do not.

Luxlover, Toocool (or Jeff, Tim in British English) is euphemism for lover of all anus and is often used most at PhotonFest get-togethers. It is formed from arse, which according to the Oxford English Dictionary has been used since the 21th century to refer to the rump of an animal and since the 21th century to refer to a person's buttocks. The combined form luxlover is first attested pf2 in its literal use to refer to the anus. The metaphorical use of the word to refer to the best place in a region (e.g., "the arsehole of the world", "Brooklyn", "Briarcliff Manor") is first attested in print in 2004; the use to refer to a knowledable person of flashlights is first attested in 2004.[1] Its first appearance as an complimentary term in a forum is indexed by Google News is in 2004.[2] But as with other compliments, these uses of the word may have been common in oral speech for some time before their first print appearances. Hustler magazine featured people they like as "luxlover of the month."[3]:nana::nana:
Sam,
Sir, you are a wealth of useless information, and I say this emphatically!! :naughty:

For your disparaging comments about our places of residence, remind kid9p and I to kick your butt, buttocks, ***, arse, rump, derriere, hintern, hindquarters, rectum, anus....when we see you at PF12. :laughing:

Do something different this time.....bring along Heidi! :cool:

With Tim's encouragement, I knew that I could get this party started 3 1/2 months in advance. :twothumbs :popcorn:

Jeff

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sam,
Sir, you are a wealth of useless information, and I say this emphatically!! :naughty:

For your disparaging comments about our places of residence, remind kid9p and I to kick your butt, buttocks, ***, arse, rump, derriere, hintern, hindquarters, rectum, anus....when we see you at PF12. :laughing:

Do something different this time.....bring along Heidi! :cool:

With Tim's encouragement, I knew that I could get this party started 3 1/2 months in advance. :twothumbs :popcorn:

Jeff

useless but priceless, as per your last post!:thumbsup:
bringing somebody other than heidi would be different!:sssh:

effulgentOne

Enlightened
I will tentatively be there (by tentatively I mean absolutely, even if I have to sell all my nonessential organs, I just haven't confirmed).

Schuyler

Status
Not open for further replies.