PF14! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
jch, I hope you can come to one of these, we all want to see all those fantastic PhotonFanatic lights you have. :poke: :popcorn:

:candle: What a slacker I am!

Maybe Scott can fit me in the case he brought his lights in next time. :laughing:

I do want to go one of these years... just would need to make sure to forget my wallet at home. :poof: It'd be great to meet you guys.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
So that's what was going on! :) I saw you shine the Tri-V's aspheric into the black hole and I was thinking "WHAT THE?! HOW THE?!?" as it did an amazing job throwing that beam out there considering the size of the Tri-V, and the small apsheric lens. However, I never saw a XR-E being driven that hard. Was it running at 2A or 3A? I'm guessing 3A. :)

It was set on 2A. That is the max for the lone XR-E.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way incase everyone didn't notice.....Juggernaut rules!

Great stuff bud, keep up the great work!

MSax

It's approval like this that leads me to make all this crazy stuff:D "Thanks for all the compliments:thumbsup:", if you guys want them, I'll keep building silly things:tinfoil:, Hopefully I'll finally get a good paying job, then Watch Out! I've got a number of builds I've wanted to bring into reality:devil:!

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
Juggernaut: Your light wasn't the only thing firing up unbidden. I seem to remember your scooter taking you on a quick unplanned adventure into the ditch when the switch was bumped :thumbsup: .

Flashlight Aficionado: It was great meeting you. I'm glad you could pick up that cr2 Mini. It's quite fantastic. Remember, there are no protected lith ion cr2 cells produced any longer from what I hear. This is a first red flag. Secondly, while the regular mini lights cannot use lithium ions due to heat, imagine how something with EVEN LESS mass would handle that heat. :green:

Email me on the ta21.I was under the impression you were going to purchase it. :ohgeez: :confused: I don't know if we have any demo units here.

Carrot: It was great to meet you after all these years.
You have a fantastic memory :eek:oo: .

Last edited:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Flashlight Aficionado: It was great meeting you. I'm glad you could pick up that cr2 Mini. It's quite fantastic. Remember, there are no protected lith ion cr2 cells produced any longer from what I hear. This is a first red flag. Secondly, while the regular mini lights cannot use lithium ions due to heat, imagine how something with EVEN LESS mass would handle that heat. :green:

Email me on the ta21.I was under the impression you were going to purchase it. :ohgeez: :confused: I don't know if we have any demo units here.

Thanks, I will use primaries only. As for the TA21, see post #235 I already deleted my E-Mail, but I believe I was as clear as I was in my forum post. I will send you another E-Mail as requsted.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Juggernaut: Your light wasn't the only thing firing up unbidden. I seem to remember your scooter taking you on a quick unplanned adventure into the ditch when the switch was bumped :thumbsup: .

Yea, that's what happens when you accidentally try and stop a motor with a brake when it has an unrestrictive flow of amps while still on:eek:! Thus it promptly welded the 20 amp switch open AKA Toyota run-away:laughing:! I've since replaced the switch with a 30 amp version, installed some fuses, and an emergency power cut-off. "If I hit the break all the way down "like a panic stop" I have installed a momentary off switch witch will now stop power going to the motor without having to do anything else". Though doing this last night it accidentally had another runaway….In my basement:ohgeez:! Luckily I didn't break anything:grin2: "besides my own stuff:rolleyes:!".

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was my favorite picture....LOL
Look at that grin on Scott's face, just like a little kid at Xmas :santa:

Ray, that look was more of a scheming...who-can-I-torture-with-this look...Needless to say, Karen MacClellan smacked me upside the head (good and hard), at least once during the event :devil:

Last edited:

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
Thank you again Scott and family for hosting this meet. Your home is
very welcoming!

I was very happy to meet all of the great CPF members who came out to
this. Seeing the big names I've only known online come to life was a
blast and your creations were fascinating. I think lights covered
every available surface of Scott's home. That's the place to be! Every
one of you are the caliber of flashaholic that made and keeps CPF so
great. Bravo! lovecpf

Some of you were longtime fans of 4Sevens and seeing your collections
of our lights was impressive. It was equally enjoyable to share the
new and current lights to those who were not familiar with them. I
think the S12 is still a little warm from all the love it got!
Additionally, we appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and
suggestions for both current and future designs.Our 4Sevens line was
partially based on CPF input and features you wanted for years. We
don't intend to stop now!

I dearly hope the woodland creatures at the end of the "black hole"
were able to get back to sleep with minimal sunburn (LumenBurn?) .
With so many lights making it all the way out to the treeline and
further we might need a bigger playground (to infinity and beyond!).
Needing a spotter to call "all clear" before lights could be turned on
rivals most actual shooting ranges. I've never seen anything like it. :eek:

Again, thank you all for the open arms, kind words and great pizza!

Cheers,
Trevor Nasko
4sevens.com

Stan671

Enlightened
I had a wonderful time at PF14. Above all, thanks to Scott and family for hosting.

Juggernaut, I crown you King of Incandescents! I really enjoyed and was very impressed by your collection of home made and modified lights. And I am sure that the Black Hole HATES your can light.

Thanks to 4 Sevens for sending Trevor as ambassador for the PhotonFest. He did an excellent job of answering the millions of questions put to him about your products. And I was able to purchase a Mini Cr2 Titanium #365.

LaserCrazy, I love your two eyed monster HID light, but I did not get a chance to see it in action at the Black Hole this time.

Data, your Tri-V is an amazing work of art and design, form and function, power and subtlety, complexity and simplicity.

And thanks to all of the others that bring thier lights to show off and brag about. The combinations and configurations seem endless and each one is more interesting than the last.

It seems like just a few PF's ago (about 6 or 7) when I first started coming that the Black Hole was a formidable foe to all flashlights. Nowadays, the poor Black Hole gets it's butt kicked by more and more lights each event.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like just a few PF's ago (about 6 or 7) when I first started coming that the Black Hole was a formidable foe to all flashlights. Nowadays, the poor Black Hole gets it's butt kicked by more and more lights each event.

Stan, I must beg to differ ever so slightly. Here's an old photo of the Black Hole in daylight, from back around the time of PF6.

img-pf6-black-hole-anatomy.jpg

The photo has one error in labeling... the farther group of trees marked as the ones to hit to defeat the Black Hole, are in fact TWO lines of trees. It's the ones at the very top of the hill that one must hit. :devil:

Most folks seem to have been targeting that near stand of trees and yes, a very powerful light these days can hit them, although even that takes a surprising amount of power and focus. To my knowledge very few lights have ever successfully hit that very top stand of trees. The tank lights can do it, of course, as can the Data Bank. KartRacer31 had the first and to date least expensive light to hit it, a Brinkmann AutoMax (if memory serves) lantern with one of the more remarkable reflectors I've ever seen... wasn't very bright, but it did indeed put a tiny pencil beam of light on the top stand of trees! Absolutely amazing. :bow:

I took the Olight SR90 out there the other night (after folks had gone home) and shone it into the Black Hole. It can hit the near stand of trees and nothing else... and it's a 2000+ lumen light with impressively tight hotspot. The Black Hole isn't defeated quite yet!

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky's right, the black hole is technically the very top of the tree line on the tallest hill. What you normally see is lights striking the first tree line exactly 391 yards away, not exactly close but any aspheric LED or ROP can hit that. A further 600 yards you have the start of the first hill "where you see all the high power HIDs and stuff hitting" A further 886 yards marks the very top of the second hill top, this is out of range of such lights as the DEFT / LED lights, Mag mods, and other non throw orientated lights. Even the Cardboard hexagon box light can't hit the top of the Black Hole.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Stan If you want I can bring it to FCW6 and you can play with it to your hearts content. I wasn't at the black hole very long since for some reason a car was passing by every few seconds it seemed.

LaserCrazy, I love your two eyed monster HID light, but I did not get a chance to see it in action at the Black Hole this time.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky's right, the black hole is technically the very top of the tree line on the tallest hill. What you normally see is lights striking the first tree line exactly 391 yards away, not exactly close but any aspheric LED or ROP can hit that. A further 600 yards you have the start of the first hill "where you see all the high power HIDs and stuff hitting" A further 886 yards marks the very top of the second hill top, this is out of range of such lights as the DEFT / LED lights, Mag mods, and other non throw orientated lights. Even the Cardboard hexagon box light can't hit the top of the Black Hole.
Even with the BarnBurner at tight focus with its 9k lumens it barely hits the top tree line.