PF15! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
FA put me down as a maybe with a maybe +1
I just moved up into town and the unpacking/organizing/IKEA is consuming my weekends
(nein166 (+1))

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to the short time frame I want to inform any people near NJ about a great sale.

Ramsey Outdoor stores has an Anniversary Sale. 20% off a single regular priced item. No firearms or UGGs but it works for Surefire!!!

I picked up a Saint and G2X. I went to two Ramsey stores. the most North one has the best selection but the other store, further south Rt 17 has X400 and X300 Weaponlights.

Sale ends tmw Oct. 24th.

carrot

Flashaholic
Damn, I was at Ramsey just a few weeks ago. I don't really want to make the trip out again, driving there is a pain in the butt for us NYers.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Rules - Clearly state that you are going and put +# for non CPF attendees. If you are talking about CPF members, state their name.
EXAMPLE -
Flashlight Aficionado +2 +Milkyspit
which would equal 4 attendees.

Milkyspit +5
Flashlight Aficionado (+1)

---2 Cases Root Beer
carrot
TranquillityBase
sledhead
LED_Thrift
karlthev
Larbo +2
Solscud007 +1

---? x 2 Liter sodas
Kid9P
Not So Bright
copperfox
Lighthouse one

---name tags
(senecaripple)
HSG
jdriller
Data
m16a (+3)
(scout24)
WadeF + AnimalHousePA
LEDAdd1ct
dizzy
mendhammarsh
MSaxatilus
(nein166 +1)
JasonC8301
(Chronos)
KartRacer31
OscarTheDog +1

---Chips / Garbage Bags
TOTAL 34-44

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Scott,

My stock TigerLight arrived today...Love it!

I'm hoping you can work some magic on it in your labs that day.
I'll be bringing it along just in case :thumbsup:

Ray

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Scott,

My stock TigerLight arrived today...Love it!

I'm hoping you can work some magic on it in your labs that day.
I'll be bringing it along just in case :thumbsup:

Ray

If I can get a fresh supply of the appropriate heatsinking module (something I designed to TigerLight but am presently out of) we'll be able to do some great things, and yes, I'll be able to get it done while you're here.

To all: I have 4x brand new in box TigerLights that I could upgrade for you if interested. If you've never played with a TigerLight, they're a great value, very tough, hard anodized, replaceable rechargeable pack, included charging cradle, and more. My upgrade transforms them from a nice incandescent to a 1000 lumen or so LED light with surprisingly good throw, other-worldly heatsinking (tailstand for an hour at full power, unattended, no problem!), and multiple brightness. Cost would depend on specifics but probably less than you think. Anyway, since the hosts happen to be here, wanted to offer them to PF15 attendees first.

~ ~ ~

FA, don't forget my family: 5 people. :D

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen Milky's Tigerlight upgrade (maybe it's even better now than what I saw) and I was very impressed! Milky knows how to produce lumens. :)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Scott,

I'd definetely be in for one with multiple brightness. :twothumbs
If you need funds upfront to order what is needed, just shoot me a PM:D

Would your upgrade run off of the stock rechargeable cell or are there other battery options like 26500's ? And if other cells can be used, can it be hooked up to charge those cells using TigerLights charger?

Thanks again,
Ray

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm Interesting. Scott, I have a U2A P4 head cracked open. How difficult would it be to mod it? MCE vs something more aggressive in lumens?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need funds upfront to order what is needed, just shoot me a PM:D

Ray, no upfront funds needed, I've got what I need on hand. (Other than the one part.) If that changes, I'll be in touch.

Would your upgrade run off of the stock rechargeable cell or are there other battery options like 26500's ? And if other cells can be used, can it be hooked up to charge those cells using TigerLights charger?

Yes, the upgrade runs on the stock rechargeable.

Yes, the TigerLight could instead use some other cell configuration.

No, the stock charger would no longer work with different cells... though the cradle itself could be rewired to plug into a charger that could handle the new cells. That's what I did with mine: I plug the cradle into my Bantam BC-6 charger when I want to charge one of my personal TigerLights.