Photography?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i used a DSLR i think it is a canon EOS 350D.

i was in my school's media club :)

it was fun...

off topic: when i see the title of this thread i misread it.
i though it was ornogpahy with a p infront.
meep... must be those classmates physco-ing me at school earlier today

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened
I like some photography some.

One of my cameras
581216147_zKZVS-L.jpg

619331868_WHFwr-L-1.jpg

-Mark.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
I'm an old guy use to shoot alot of landscapes, showed at art fairs. It's been awhile. I shot with view cameras. It was alot of fun and really was a chore lugging the big stuff around. I still have all the darkroom stuff. When I die I'll still have it

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
I got hooked when i started playing with my dad's old Pentax K1000 film camera. Took some classes and practiced with the Pentax around the house but shot a Canon PS where reliability was needed, and just a few weeks ago i got my very own camera which my parents may not touch :nana:

Well, that dashes my hopes of ever taking pictures that nice. I'm afraid of starting this hobby knowing how expensive it is unless I stop buying flashlights altogether.

Thanks.

Yea true that. I decided i wanted a a DSLR (Nikon D90)...and as a result i haven't bought a flashlight in over a year :mecry:

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that dashes my hopes of ever taking pictures that nice. I'm afraid of starting this hobby knowing how expensive it is unless I stop buying flashlights altogether.

Thanks.

Not necessarily if you're just dabbling get a used dslr. They can be pretty cheap as newer models keep coming out to displace the older ones. One particular thing to keep in mind is I've found Pentax to be the most affordable dslr on the market. I love my k2000, it takes better quality pictures than Canon's entry level stuff especially in low light, feels the business, hold one and then hold the Canon in the store, you'll see. And has in body image stabilization, important since it keeps lens costs down, picture quality in low light up, and Pentax is lens compatible with EVERY Pentax lens ever made so on top of cheaper glass all used glass works perfectly well with the camera and you still get image stabilization. One other thing is price. For the price of canons entry level basic kit you can buy Pentax's k2000, a decent used telephoto, and flashgun. The k2000 is only $450 for the basic kit which is more function than most people would even bother to learn how to use. I'm sure you've budgeted more for flashlights especially if you've bought a Surefire or two recently.

tedgtfan

Newly Enlightened
Mac & Dogliness,

What cameras did you guys use for those photos? The photos are very nice.

It's not so much the camera that is used as much as it is knowing how to use that camera. Knowing how light affects all things, what your eyes see may be totally different than that of what the sensor or film sees. One could have a $20,000 Hasselblad and if they don't know how to use it would get crappy pics. Likewise one with a cheap camera could obtain great results because they know how to use it. All cameras are basically the same, true some have better sensors, glass or more features, but all work the same. The first thing I usually tell someone just starting out or relatively new is to get them a relatively cheap DSLR or point and shoot that has manual modes. Start shooting in manual mode and observing how light affects different colored and shaped objects. How the light is hittng the object, above it, below it or from the sides. Learn how the exposure and apeture affect the brightness, darkness and clarity of the photo. Learn how to frame the object, what is behind, beside, above or below the object. All these things are what make great photos. Good Luck and Happy Snapping :wave:

Latest posts