PhotonFest 2, NJ area get together

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back to this thread, I was watching the wrong one in "my home".

MilkySpit, I'd be in for a B12 Hurricane Batt. pack, so that gets you a little closer if we get enough stuff ordered.

McGizmo's offer is just WOW. It's quite possible that I would purchase one of those. Thanks for that offer!

DaveT

Enlightened
Hi Milky, all - I'm interested, it's enticing...but toddler, pregnant wife make this one tricky. Milky, could you PM me directions and a guesstimate on travel time from Brooklyn/NYC?
Thanks
Dave

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys, I had a nice chat with the Photon King and if he wasn't going to be on the other side of the world when you guys are having your meet, he surly would like to be there for your get together. Come to think of it, many of us would like to be there as well!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, PK has asked me to forward some of the SF cool science on to MilkySpit (despite the strange name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) for you guys to review and check out. The only request is that these goodies are not to be discussed in the public forum. It's kind of a bummer but certainly understandable. In the CA meet, we got to see some of these wonders and it's worth the view even though there is the caveat of no public comment. I think it's really cool of PK to make this offer and I trust you all will accept and abide by his request? Make no mistake, the Photon King *is* a flashaholic and likes to share when he can! If he weren't huevos to the wall in trying to clean his desk for his upcoming business trip, he would be communicating with you direct instead of having me as a poor substitute as spokesman.

I don't know all the particulars yet nor could I share them here on the forum but I'll be in touch with MilkySpit and see that Paul's lights are available for your viewing pleasure. I think there will be a couple of these and they are likely something you will want to get to check out for yourself.

- Don

PS. I suspect that you guys are going to be overwhelmed with sensory overload! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Too many lights; too little time. Take many pictures and notes but be sure to exclude PK's toys!

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, That's extremely nice of The Photon King. Don, you are not a poor substitute for a spokesman, thank you as well for offering a couple items to check out.

I'm sure I speak for all of us, THANK YOU (in advance) for your generosity in sharing with us. I really look forward to the get-together.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

PK, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Don that is simply fantastic! What an absolutely wonderful opportunity. Many, many thanks to you and PK for making that happen. Rest assured we will abide by the ground rules you have set, and not discuss the items here or elsewhere outside of our get together. Thanks again!

ufokillerz

Enlightened
only 1 McL4-III and so many of us, guess its going to be a drawing to see who gets it =\

i happen to have 96 new surefire batteries as well =), will bring some of my better L4's to sell them off at the price i paid $121 =) dont expect me to bring more then 3 because some have sticky clickies. All the L4's are brand new but have been taken out of the box for examination =) Heh this McL4-III head will be $130 from what Don has told me, so lets see who buys it =)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ufo, dude, you're like some sort of flashlight pimp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Will you be selling those Surefire batteries at the same price they charge ($15 per box of 12)? That would be pretty wonderful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, anyone have a Surefire hurricane light they care to bring to the event? I've never seen one up close.

At the risk of endangering future Milky Candle sales /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif , I just noticed that Surefire is selling the hurricane lights for $19.95 WITH 12 batteries! So if the batteries would cost you $15 anyway, they're basically giving you the light for $5. Anyone (in addition to Beretta, that is) want one? If we order five of 'em total, the shipping's free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Regarding your L4 sticky clickies, they can always be sent to LitFuse for repair. He took care of both mine and the results were exceptional. Great guy too!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgot one thing: I plan on taking a small collection from all attendees to cover return shipping for all the goodies McGizmo and PK will be sending us. (That is, for whatever we don't buy!) With enough people attending, the cost ought to be small... maybe $1-2? I assume this is okay with everyone...

(Sorry. I don't like to post twice in succession! Feels like I'm hogging the thread.)

ufokillerz

Enlightened
I will voice it now, i intend to buy the KL4-III, the only thing in my way is the possible draw to see who gets it. Yea too bad we can't buy PK's stuff, hey if i get to borrow them for a night, i'll send them back postage paid by me =).

I have some hurricane lamps also =) works great as battery holders if you dont need water resistance, i'm bringing my personal stash of batteries in hurricane boxes.

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
Milkyspit, could you please send me directions too? I'm going to try and make this one. I'll be heading down Rt. 513 from the north.

KartRacer31, thanks for keeping me in mind with your PM.

TOB9595

Enlightened
For the dog lover among us. I'm bringing an Auroralight. collar.
And I'll have ~ 8 boxes of SF 123's same cost as sf.
Unless someone knows that the price is goin up.

I'll have my eye on an L4, Mebbe

T-I-N Hope you're gonna bring some ofthemag incan madmods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See you guys there.
I won't be working So I can stay out later.....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

richpalm

Banned
Heh heh... this is gonna be Kewl!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I *really* want a Mcl(xx) 5 watter of any variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

The coming list: GL4, new ARC LSH-P I ordered, Vector 3MCP boat anchor, Dominator (again) Tiger (again) 1W McLux (again) the EDC duo (M3, L4) and a C2 with a turbohead. C2 combo has it for looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Also the Inova 24/7 to use as a flasher when walking on the street.

The (agains) are coming for the benefit of those that haven't seen them yet.

Boy, I'm gonna get shot... this is gonna lengthen the 'lust list' considerably.

Also wanted: a new emitter for a so-so ARC LSH-P. If someone can bring one, great!

Can't wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about bringing most of the "bigger players" that I brought last time, and some new stuff I bought since PF1. Additionally I'm scrambling to try and bring something kinda special. I just ordered an Elecktrolumens 3X3W Tri-Star)(you gotta love a 9 watt LED light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif) I don't know if Wayne will have it done in time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif