**Pictures** Fenix TK35 V2 (XM-L U2) 860 lumen (incl. beamshots)

wvdavidr

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how it fares against the Olight M-22 Warrior. The M22 is listed at 950 lumens. I'm impressed with mine, but I also like Fenix; Just curious.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I'm a little surprised the XML2 version isn't more like 950 lumens. Is it neutral or cool white?

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Very cool post! Great job with the comparison pictures. Congrats on an amazing light.

Capolini

Banned
Great Job!! Great comparison pictures!

I just ordered the TK-35[Like I need another light!!]Got it for $70.00 on Ebay!! Supposedly it is the New version w/ U2 led.

I also just got the Nitecore EA4 which is very compact[4 1/2"] w/ 830 Lumens on Turbo,,,however, it steps down after 3 minutes!

Anyway, I have been at this since 11.24.2012......less than 10 months and when the TK-35 comes that will be light # 14!

TK-75 is still my favorite and the Jetbeam[comparable to output as EA4 AND TK-35] BC-40 and the BST are also great lights!

A couple questions to end this!!

Has anyone had any CONDENSATION issues with the TK-35??? I have heard of a few on here. I know the TK-75 has!! I experienced it and started a thread in that regard!

Also, would you consider it a bit heavy and awkward to wear on your belt?? The EA4 and the TK-35 will be my back up lights[on hip] while I walk the Siberian with my TK-75[OUT IN THE WOODS!] and other search torches!!

Thanks again,,,input will be appreciated!!

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS"

ghodan

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how it fares against the Olight M-22 Warrior. The M22 is listed at 950 lumens. I'm impressed with mine, but I also like Fenix; Just curious.

Specs from the official websites of both lights:

Fenix TK35 U2:
Ansi lumens: 860
Candela: 29.000 CD
Trow: 340 meter

Olight M22 Warrior:
Ansi lumens: 950
Candela: 23.256 CD
Trow: 305 meter

Capolini

Banned
18650 battery size limit for this TK-35???

I just spoke to Fenix Outfitters and they said the Tenergy batteries they sell are what they use for this light. They are 67mm[+/- 0.2mm] I have several types[Orbtronic, Cytac and NCR] that are 69mm.

She said there is some play/room left!

Can anyone verify that those types[69mm] will fit??

I would greatly appreciate it!:)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capolini, XTAR 18700 (2600mAh) and Keeppower 3400mAh cells working with TK35, but I use this flashlight with Panasonic NCR18650B unprotected batteries.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS"[/QUOTE
My 69 & 70mm protected NCR 18650 3400's work fine.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS"[/QUOTE
My 69 & 70mm protected NCR 18650 3400's work fine.

Thanks!! I should have no problem then! AFTER I left my last post I checked selfbuilts review,even though it was in 2011 and for the original TK-35, he said that the longer/protected batteries will work.

Also,thanks to "gopajti" for your input and help!

Last edited:

Sophie2013

Newly Enlightened
Great comparison pictures!Thx for sharing.:thumbsup: Even though i have no idea where i can use this light, but i still want to have one.

p.s. your english is good enough to communicate, at least i can understand very well

Capolini

Banned
I will be getting it tomorrow! Because of my "Flashaholic" tendencies, I will now have Three lights that are VERY similar in output!! Jetbeam BC-40, Nitecore EA4 and tomorrow the Fenix TK-35.The outputs are very similar but they are Three different sizes[EA4 the smallest-4.5"!] and have different UI's and run time abilities on Turbo.

I like the fact that the TK-35 can run on turbo for 25 minutes,,,,,,it steps down, then I TURN OFF LIGHT, turn back on to activate it again!! I use its Brother, the TK-75 on turbo constantly!

Capolini

Banned
Just got the NEW[U2] TK-35.

TIME WILL TELL IF I GOT THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

I got the "NEW" version, [verified by serial number] for $70.00 and they left Two 18650 batteries in it by mistake!! Must have been for testing! They are valued[new] at $13.95 each.

Usually goes for $109.00 from most websites plus $28.00 for batteries = #137.00!!!

But here is the something to ponder! Through my serial # I found out where they got it[3 dealers in U.S.A.] and they told me is was sent to my seller on 9.25.2012!!

Was it sitting on a shelf for Two weeks short of a year?? I have my doubts,,especially at that price! Who knows[??],as long as it works right it won't matter because I still have Fenix's great warranty.

Capolini

Banned
Come on guys!! This will be Three posts in a row by me!! Need some other input!

I have a TK-75 and a BST[Black Shadow Terminator], both of which shed a tremendous amount of light and have great PBI.

I will tell you what! This TK-35 amazes me how powerful with a great PBI for only 860 lumens!

One of my walks with the Siberian is on an elevated hiking/biking trail with a creek on one side and a rising bluff on the other. The trees form a canopy over the trail. It is like walking through a tunnel. The beam of the light reflects off the leaves creating even more light.

What I am getting at is the TK-35 almost makes me think I am using his brother, the TK-75!!! It has about 1/3 the lumens and 1/3 the candela. It really amazed me! NOW, on the other hand, I have NOT used my TK-75 in about 5 days. When I use that[being that my eye is use to the TK-35] it is going to seem like I am lighting up the forest again!

All in all, after getting the EA4 and TK-35 it made me realize that they are absolutely capable lights for walking the dog and hiking in the mts. Makes me realize that with the search torches I mentioned above, plus these, I do not need any lights for awhile!

I have 14 lights in less than 10 months!! All I really needed was 3,,,,,TK-75, TK-35 AND the EA4!!

I rambled enough,have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:

wvdavidr

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious if you take the TK-35 and TK-75 outside, how do they compare? I realize the 75 will be brighter, but by a bit or a tremendous amount? How does the throw compare?

Capolini

Banned
I'm curious if you take the TK-35 and TK-75 outside, how do they compare? I realize the 75 will be brighter, but by a bit or a tremendous amount? How does the throw compare?

I have NOT done that yet.Off the top of my head,,,,TK-75[NEW VERSION] 690 meters of throw , TK-35 340 Meters of throw. However, the beam intensity for both lights is great. Like I said earlier, for 860 lumens the TK-35 is awesome.

Sure it will be noticeable. I do not know what else to say,,that is unusual,maybe because I am so damn tired!

If you go on Fenix outfitters website you can see all the numbers.

wvdavidr

Newly Enlightened
I'll reword my question: If you have a TK-35 and are not a firefighter (or other rescue and recovery person), is there enough difference between the two to justify a TK-75 (even for flashlight geeks)?

kj2

Flashaholic
I'll reword my question: If you have a TK-35 and are not a firefighter (or other rescue and recovery person), is there enough difference between the two to justify a TK-75 (even for flashlight geeks)?
Yes, there is a larger difference lightwise between the TK35 and TK75.