**Pictures** Sunwayman C20C (XM-L U2) 450 lumens EDC flashlight

rioimmagina

Enlightened
Mmm this light looks really cool, but I couldn't justify the purchase: it's not powerfull like the sc600, it's not throwy, it's not neutral and finally the UI doesn't seem as good as the zebra... The only interesting point is the compactness. Mmm to buy or not to buy??

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
d83a1a2a-44eb-8bb9.jpg

In hand size pic -- fully opened palm.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have SC600 but, here is another size comparison

16220993_32f97bb64cf3eaf633fa50f881660796_l.jpg

I have both the Zebralight SC600 and SWM T20CS, and the SC600 when stood next to the T20CS, comes up to the exact same height on the T20 as does the C20C. So the SC600 and C20C are the exact same height.

But just to get an even more accurate feel for the size of the C20C, can you take a picture of it beside: 1. A Grapefruit, 2. apple, 3. cinder block, 4. baseball bat, 5. brick, 6. mail box, 7. 1995 BMW 320 8. WWI Thiepval memorial near the Somme battlefield in France 9. The step pyramid of Saqqara

Thanks, that should really help us understand exactly how big this light is!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
great review and comparison beamshots!
questions:
1) parasitic drain?
2) Why didn't they run it higher on high to compete with the ZL sc600?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
great review and comparison beamshots!
questions:
1) parasitic drain?
2) Why didn't they run it higher on high to compete with the ZL sc600?

This light isnt designed to compete with the SC600. There are many lights that run on 1-18650 that run at 450-ish lumens. Jetbeam makes at least 2. Besides, this small light would probably overheat if run up to 700+ lumens after a time. That, and 450L isnt exactly dim...... I have an SC600, and I rarely ever use the high OR the turbo, except for ooohs and aaahs, and I use the low and medium settings most of the time.

Remember, most of the Surefire lights that countless police officers use run at lower brightness on high than 450 lumens.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highlander - good point. In your opinion, which user interface do you prefer - ZL or SWM?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Sunwayman, the parasitic drain is 50 microamps for this light. How does this compare with the ZLsc600's parasitic drain? ZL states parasitic drain in years.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highlander - good point. In your opinion, which user interface do you prefer - ZL or SWM?

I think the SC600's UI is a bit complex and takes some practice before you get it down, and so its not a great light to hand to a non-flashaholic during a blackout, and expect that person to be able to easily figure it out. Granted, as long as the person is able to click the button it will come on.....on turbo, which is generally too bright to just see your way around the kitchen of living room, and the light will probably overheat after a while on turbo and the battery wont last long, etc. Now that I am used to that UI, I'm OK with it, but its not an "every person's light".

I have a SWM T20CS, and it has both a head switch and a real clicky, but its actually a bit easier to figure out and get used to. I just dont like the fact that I MUST use the rear switch to turn the light on, then "switch over" to the front switch for modes. I wish I could choose to completely bypass the rear swicth and use the front switch only, but thats not possible without some current drain. You can click the rear switch to turn it on, then click the front switch to turn the light off and on from standby mode, but then there is going to be some battery drain as long as the rear switch is activated.

To answer your question more clearly, I like both lights, but there is room for UI improvement with both lights.......

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
To answer your question more clearly, I like both lights, but there is room for UI improvement with both lights.......

While the new SWM have mode memory, needing to hold down the button to change modes is cumbersome for "general users". A fast click or ring to dial in variable or fixed modes is handy. What the new lights have is a miniature "cuteness" factor for me.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Yes, they are interchangeable, but why do it?

The C20C has a lower, low and on mine, a different tint. Aw damn maybe I got it backwards since I switched them around so much.

Oh wait, the C20C head gives turbo. Let me try it on the C10R...

Ok so put the 4 mode C20C head in the C10R body and it only gets 3 modes instead of 4.

Putting the C10R head on the C20C only has 3 modes as well.

Finally, the C20C has what appears to be locktite on the head.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks! that's an interesting observation! it could possibly indicate that they both have different circuits and as you mentioned, tints.

Sigh, two weeks now and waiting! :)

cancow

Newly Enlightened
Nice! SWM lights are BY FAR the best looking lights for any amount of money.

Fiskar

Newly Enlightened
Who uses the box anyway once you have the flashlight out and in its holster, the proper place to be. Ordered mine and will have as a birthday from my wife. Tried it out on the QT already and it is nice. While the V10R I have is nice as a variable with rear clicky for its size, so too is the side switch C20C the best option for its size. Try a side clicky on theC10R, too small to get it quickly on.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Honestly I like that the box is nothing special, i feel the need to save and store those stupid mini suitcases for what purpose? I wish olight,thrunite, etc would give the option. If I wanted tiny luggage I would have shopped accordingly. I am sure others would prefer to have the case, I just would like the option.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO the main competitor to the SWM C202C is the ZL SC600.

Can anyone post comparison pics please? (pics of lights and beamshots). Thanks.