• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PKDL Pass Around

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Left: Pkg #1
Right: Pkg #2

The box for the tactical pen had 2 pens stuffed inside. So package #1 will have the box. The pen will be wrapped in bubble wrap for package #2. No sticker in the box.

Speaking of stickers, there'll be a few stickers in each package. If each participant would like one please do so.

Not shown: Batteries. Each light arrived without batteries... well the Knight may have one, I did not open the package. But there'll be a new cell in the package for each light (with a pair for each FL2).
Package #1 will likely go out to Mr. 1984 on Monday. Mr. 24 on or about 10/15.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Speaking of awesome...

The proceeds from the sale of the passaround items will be donated to....

THE CHRIS KYLE FROG FOUNDATION.

It's a fund to assist those soldiers and law enforecement who struggle dealing with mingling back into society due to wounds both mental and physical. Chris faced his demons and beat them back well enough to become a mentor to many who faced that. His life was tragically cut short by a veteran he was trying to help. The Chris Kyle Frog foundation is an effort to continue his work.

If you don't know who he was google his name. The guy was so freaking awesome Clint Eastwood made a movie about him that tells the tale as only Josey Wales, Dirty Harry and Sgt. Tom Hghway all roled into one can tell. It was called "American Sniper".
(Man tears welling up thinking about it)

I'm am sooooo psyched about that. PK and I discussed a couple of ideas, but when we discovered the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation... and their site sells flashlights? Pffft, that was obvious.

Matter of fact I think I'll go post in the "what you got in the mail?" thread about the 'Chris Kyle edition' Lux-Pros I have coming my way.

Side note: I reached out to the CKFF today about a potential colaboration with PKDL and await their response.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mach pack:

This is a used box I had laying around.
Wanted to see how to get everything into a $6.80 box.
Next size is $13+.
So instead of doubling the cost of folks mailing this forward I removed the tactical pens from their boxes and wrapped them with bubble wrap. Well package 1 has the original foam around the PK TP. Like said before, that box had a second one tossed in.

- The FL 2 lights are loaded and tail cap is locked out.
Note PK tried 3 different switches. Both #205 (pkg 1) and #306 (pkg 2) have tail switch #2.
- The rockets have a fuel cell wrapped in the bubble wrap to go around the light when passing it forward. Right now the lights are zip-tied to the box.
- PL 2's have a cell and a bit of bubble wrap.

- The foursevens came with a foursevens battery. They are unopened at this point.
I was fortunate enough to be able to play with a Paladin so the honor of opening up one of the Knights goes to #1984 and #24. (Sorry russ, your user name spelling gets my dislexia going all haywire. lol)

The other 123's are Streamlight 1550's made 2/16 while the triple a's are Energizer Ultimates made 7/15.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm in. I've been interested in the Foursevens Paladin and Knight, as well as the PR1.

PM sent
It's heading your way in the morning sir.
Edit: went out this morning.

Phase 1 of what PK calls "PK discovery program" officially kicked off when that package left the post office today. It will expand as times goes on and in time be an integral part of launching new projects by PKDL.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I came home to. You'll notice that the pocket rocket is already open. That's because I was just so surprised by its small size that I opened it right away.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I won't hit the 6 month requirement until November, but if this is still going at this time - or you adjust the requirements - I'd love to see what the PK lights are all about. I own lights from I think 12 different makers, plus a couple V54s, but have never tried PK. The entry point on price has kept me from jumping... so I'd love to try PK lights out to see what I'm missing.

You're in. Package 2 will go out next week and you'll be #3.
Support badge pays dividends. :cool:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Package 2 heading towards the Scout a bit early in case the postal system has a few hicups after Matthew.

Now if ole eraursls'll check back in... hoping all is ok there in Tallahassee...

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything is great here. I have the package with me to ship out later this afternoon. I was going to ship it yesterday, but our 3D/4D ultrasound took forever. Only 10 more weeks until she's here and I'm already looking for lights for her.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey byk, I think I need to get in on this one. Either package doesn't matter to me. I would prefer checking out smaller lights. PM inbound with my info.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Everything is great here. I have the package with me to ship out later this afternoon. I was going to ship it yesterday, but our 3D/4D ultrasound took forever. Only 10 more weeks until she's here and I'm already looking for lights for her.

Faaaaaaaantastic-o! Congrats on the baby.

Hey byk, I think I need to get in on this one. Either package doesn't matter to me. I would prefer checking out smaller lights. PM inbound with my info.

Welcome aboard. I'll put you on list #1.

scout24

Flashaholic
Group II has arrived safe and sound, Mr. Fixer Looked like Tetris when I opened it! It won't be unpacked until the 22nd, unless you'd like another picture. Thanks!!! :) (The last of my cherry tomatoes keeping PK stuff company- we had a frost the other morning. They'll go on the window sill to ripen...)

IMG_0482.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Package 1 is on its way to Sgt.

Cool! Thanks for participating. Critiques are welcome... good and bad.

Group II has arrived safe and sound, Mr. Fixer Looked like Tetris when I opened it! It won't be unpacked until the 22nd, unless you'd like another picture. Thanks!!! :) (The last of my cherry tomatoes keeping PK stuff company- we had a frost the other morning. They'll go on the window sill to ripen...)

IMG_0482.jpg~original

Woah! That was like overnight. No other pix necessary. Looks just like the 'puzzle' I mailed. lol.
Cherry tomatoes...mmmmmmm.

For future reference folks it was about a buck 50 less to use the self serve mailer at my local post office to send package 2 than package 1. Package 1 was handed to a clerk who weighed it etc. . I suppose those extra coins help pay the nice ladies salary?

Last edited:

Latest posts