PocketMateW. 9W variable output blaster. Thread I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Introducing... the PocketMate-W. Variable outp

I'm interested in the Miltech-PM6 version.

Brightnorm

rookie

Enlightened

Nice Job!!!!

Interested in one also depending on cost.

Thanx,

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Baijaiman... Sure, any host can be used but why would you use a larger host?

Christoph... If there are left overs from the PM-W run...

Drills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Georges... thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Pi... A little brother for your red MR-X /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I haven't done a runtime test but I reckon you would get ~30mins on max. The 168S should be much better than the CR123s. Will update you later.

Ticey... Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess you could cut off part of the dial on the pot to reduce the length. It is actually not bad at 9mm currently. Yeah, the Fatman can do much more, but runtime would be much reduced. Also we only have 1300/1400mAh batteries so we can't be too greedy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

icarus... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm... The Miltech already has a McModule on it. Shown next to the others for size only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cost wise, 10 units at the commercial machine shop will cost me $25 to cutdown/thread. 20 units $19. Totally all the bits and pieces and adding some $ for labour/PP fees, the light would go for $175 + $10 post (or $169 if we can get 20 confirmed takers).

Post your commitment, EM or PM to secure your light.

It is available in black, black or black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif unless you can send me your own OA2C.

**EDIT. You will need to supply your own Pilas.

bajaiman

Enlightened

Okay...I'm in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ... I'll send you my gold coloured Mag3D along with the hotlip I've got spare..

jtice

Flashaholic

Ill be in for one, but I am hunting for a Dark Green mag for it now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

impact_blue

Newly Enlightened

hotbeam,
man!! you gunna send me broke.... I'll tentativley commit... PM on the way with particular Q's....

Cheers,
Nathan.

flashworm

Newly Enlightened

I will take one, does it runs only with pilas 168s, how about two pila 150s.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one. Might sell a light or two so I can afford it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif I just love the LuxV in a m@g reflector so much more than a LuxIII because it is more useable.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

I already said I was in./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Let me find the right color.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for posting your interest on this thread and via PMs. I've had a hard time find coloured OA2Cs. If you come across a source, feel free to post here or PM me. Let's see what sort of numbers we get before I go further.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Howie, you've been playing in the basement again, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nice job, dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sadly, I'm pretty much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif at the moment... but that doesn't stop me from drooling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darmit. too friggin expensive howie! oh well. besides, the Lionheart has a place in my Heart (and my birthday!)

howsabout an X-Mas Melbournite get together? maybe on New Year's Eve..... i wonder if Abe's spotlight can warp time? maybe keep it 2k4 for a little longer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif;)

we'll think bout it closer to Novemberish.

neg

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Howie is on the road again ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernie

lightemup

Flashaholic*

I saw this thing the other night at the Brisy cpf meet up. VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY nice! I'll provisionally put my hand up for one, although depending on timing with other acquisitions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nice one Howie! Keep us up to date on your quest for the ultimate dimmer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys. Looks like this will be a small run (and that is perfectly fine with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Lightemup... Yeah, it was a nice little meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and we saw the benefit of the dimming capabilities. Obviously, if there were a better interface, it would make the package more appealing.

Having thought more since the meet, I am thinking that I should set the max current on the PM-W from 1000mA to 1300mA. That is pretty close to the limit of the driver, given the input supply and output current.

At 1300mA, the WX1U would definately output a nice blinding light for that WOWing experience. As you saw that night, at 30mA, it was already throwing quite a distance and the light would last a very long time. Setting the dial at roughly 75% of the dial would give you ~1000mA and ~60% of the dial for 750mA for general spotting purposes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

What do you guys think?

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why not? It can be dimmed down anyway, so the brighter the better for the high mode! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Owwww! my eyes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be in for one. Why not use the 168A version of the Pila instead of the S? Doesn't the "a" have more current? is it because the "a" is a little fatter?

Oh by the way, I am for sure in for the super WOW factor of 1300mah

Thanks.

Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.