post something you always wanted as a kid but never got

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
No expectations = less disappointments = more peace of mind
+

Maybe it's my upbringing, but I'v never felt the burden of wanting what other people have.

Growing up at Road America, the number of incredible cars I'v been around was endless.
Never did I feel like,, 'wow I have to have that'

I know people who are consumed by "keeping up with the Jones" and have to better others in every way.
They will not be remember for what they have.

Franquixote

Newly Enlightened
Olumin, as a hunter and target shooter that's been fortunate to have handled (and even owned!) from my father's collection and a retail job on a gun shop, along with a FAL, the. 30-06 is my favorite rifle ever! I took a kudu with it in South Africa and (although a perfect heart shot) the kudu went down within 50 yards. My point being that it's such an all around great caliber with seemingly limitless types of ammo that's always available no matter how far you stray off the beaten path. Lots of hunters were carrying magnum calibers and the difference is negligible if you do your part.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olumin, as a hunter and target shooter that's been fortunate to have handled (and even owned!) from my father's collection and a retail job on a gun shop, along with a FAL, the. 30-06 is my favorite rifle ever! I took a kudu with it in South Africa and (although a perfect heart shot) the kudu went down within 50 yards. My point being that it's such an all around great caliber with seemingly limitless types of ammo that's always available no matter how far you stray off the beaten path. Lots of hunters were carrying magnum calibers and the difference is negligible if you do your part.
Thanks for sharing Fran. Im not a hunter myself but I enjoy the elegance of hunting rifles & the craftsmanship of these vintage guns.
Due to the war in Europe there's a real shortage of especially .223 & .308, even 12 gauge. The owner of a gun store Ive talked to told me hes expecting to wait up to a year for a new shipment of .308. Even on most online stores the majority of ammo is out of stock. No such problems with the .30-06, or .243 for that matter.

drewtiger13

Newly Enlightened
As a kid I was on Army posts and mostly rural areas. So the one thing I remember wanting and not having was a girlfriend 😂. Until I was 18 and set off for some college before beginning my own military service, I spent most of my time outdoors learning everything from fishing to all Kinds of ways to blow stuff up!
After 3 ex-wives, and several kids each, I realize I didn't miss anything! NOT REGRETTING IT: The kids were and are all great, much more fun than their mommas!

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
When I was a kid WW2 history was a subject of great interest to me and I was particularly interested in the small arms of the war. I wanted a 1911 from an early age, and finally got one when I was 22.

Latest posts