Post your bicycle pics

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we don't get snow were I live.

I do prefer colder - very cold conditions to ride in.

I'm very warm blooded & believe Id do just fine in snow. After 5mins My body would adjust to it. But the heat just kills me.

matt0

Enlightened
I've got the same bike as 2000xlt.. Trek 4300

Everything's stock. Only additions are: bar ends, speedo, bike pump, TwoFish lockblock (G2 mounted in it for now) and a small bike tool zip-tied to where the rear disc brakes should be.

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of my older noob bikes.
(I've keep this baby in as best condition since I got it back in early 2002)
All Original except new bearings in back wheel.

tricker

Enlightened
151635557_1ef2fb390d.jpg

ibex 550, about 3 years old, mostly ridden to class

Bradlee

Enlightened
'05 Norco Havoc (single speed) dirt jumper. Purchased as a reliable bike for a short commute to campus. Pretty much stock, but it's fared me well the last few years.

100_2451-1.jpg

Last edited:

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah its low, I'm 5' 3"-4", the seat is adjusted right, it just appears low because of the fram design which as you can tell the top tube is sloped down, insteat of being straight from the head to the seat, i still wish i got the disc brakes though, i see the are mounting points, but from what i understand they wil not work with the hubs

guncollector

Enlightened
cervelop2k.jpg

On a different note, here's my Time Trial (aka Tri Bike), a 2004 Cervelo P2K. It's got mix of Dura-Ace and Ultegra components. On the front is an HED 3 Carbon-fiber trispoke wheel (aero and bombproof) and on the rear is a Zipp 404 laced to PowerTap SL (powermeter and computer) hub.

cervelop2k_ride.jpg

Here's me riding to a 6:39 bike split (112 miles) at Ironman Kentucky just last month--not terribly fast I know, but hey you've got to run 26.2 miles after.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Ghost, very nice! Is that Fox just the smoothest thing ever or what!! :)

How is the riding over there? ...and what kind of riding do you do mostly?

Guncollector, Nice Cervello! I always appreciated how stiff their frames have been and they seem to be one of the better values out there at the moment. They're not exclusive like a De Rosa or a Colnago, but they're not as generic as a Trek either. Very cool color too. You really got my attention with the Zipp wheel though. Their products have been my absolute favorites for 10 years. I think they're the finest manufacturer of fast, responsive wheels. You just need one on the front now too...:grin2:

guncollector

Enlightened
Guncollector, Nice Cervello! I always appreciated how stiff their frames have been and they seem to be one of the better values out there at the moment. They're not exclusive like a De Rosa or a Colnago, but they're not as generic as a Trek either. Very cool color too. You really got my attention with the Zipp wheel though. Their products have been my absolute favorites for 10 years. I think they're the finest manufacturer of fast, responsive wheels. You just need one on the front now too...:grin2:

Funny you should mention that. Originally, I had 2 HED 3's (front & rear) on my P2K. Then, I came across a great deal on the Powertap SL/Zipp 404 combo. If you think custom flashlights are expensive, try cycling powermeters and Zipp wheels on for size. Yikes! Anyway, I sold the rear HED 3 to defray the cost.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have plenty of MTB's here...

I'd been a roadie since I started around '85. The guys at work back then were all buying MTB's so I picked one up also. This came home with me back in '89 and except for a few jaunts in 19 years, it has sub 150 miles. It spends most the years just hanging and waiting. End of last season, I replaced the canti brakes for V types and dumped the wide spaced cassette for 13-19 (7 spd)

mtb.jpg

I was looking at building a MTB but felt a cross would be better suited. I'm kinda attracted to the Fisher Mendota: http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/model/mendota/bigimage

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator

A moment, my moment :)

I had a chance to touch and feel this over the weekend and I think GR must have had a hard time wiping the drool off his floor after I was done... :crackup:

Patriot... the Fox is unbelieveably smooth...:D :devil:

Its really a sight to behold in person... :devil:

If I'm not wrong, GR does do some trail riding with this... gotta wait for him to chime n with the details...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I had a chance to touch and feel this over the weekend and I think GR must have had a hard time wiping the drool off his floor after I was done... :crackup:

Patriot... the Fox is unbelieveably smooth...:D :devil:

Its really a sight to behold in person... :devil:

If I'm not wrong, GR does do some trail riding with this... gotta wait for him to chime n with the details...

That's great that you got the chance to visit and drool on his bike...lol. It would have been great to have a pictorial record of you violating his machine....:nana:

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
That's great that you got the chance to visit and drool on his bike...lol. It would have been great to have a pictorial record of you violating his machine....:nana:

mmm.... that wouldn't have been a pretty sight... of me getting me paws all over that beauty..... :crackup: :shakehead poking into all her nooks and crevices and riding her like a deranged man.... :huh: :huh: :huh: :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that worked out really well for you then. At least it sounds to me like you made out. What an enormous training tool the powermeter is to!!!

There is just something about a high quality tensioned racing wheel that the full carbon wheels can't seem to match. Where I really notice the difference is at high speed and under load, like a swoopie mountain desent. The tensioned wheel talks back to you and tells you where the bikes needs to have your weight distributed while the full carbon designs I've ridden felt very dampened and didn't inspire confidence, from my perspective anyhow...:p Another thing that I like about the zipp is that they're pretty friendly in cross winds (for and aero wheel).

RA40
I really like the Fisher Mendota that you've got your eye on. I looks like a very versatile bike and I especially like the geometry. I was looking at the angles and top tube length and it's very "road bike" like but with just enough touch of plushness. It has a great color scheme too.

The geometry of your old Fisher reminds me of my green trek 7000 with the long top tube and stretched out design. I sure don't miss the handling characteristics of that concept.

2000xlt
Like you stated, I see that you have hubs without rotor mounting flanges, so you're kinda stuck rotorless without getting new wheels or at least hubs. And ya know, for general riding the disc really doesn't provide many noticable advantages. V-brakes are lighter, usually quieter and provide a suprising good feel when tuned properly. We just put a set of Avid Single Digit SL's on my brother's 2004 Fuel 98 and he is very pleased with them. We did a fairly serious ride this morning with a lot of climbing and decending among big grapefruit sized rocks and he was loving his new brakes.

With regards to your low seat and high bars, often...riders prefer having their seat and bars relatively close to the same height since it improves the weight distribution so much. Although it wouldn't be possible to get them at the same height on your bike, every little bit helps. It's very easy five minute task to lower your stem some if you're willing to try a more natural riding position. Simple take the spacers which are under your stem (between the bottom of the stem and the headset) and place them on top of the stem (between the top of the stem and the stem cap). It appears that you have several spacers there...at least three or four of them and they look like 10mm spacers, which afford you some good adjustment range. You can move as many or as few as you like. The other option is the flip the stem upside down so that it doesn't rise so much. That's usually done if the moving spacers doesn't give the desired effect. If you're interested and if you should need any help, just shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through it either by PM or phone. :)

patriot36 Thanks for the tips and help offering,I sure will ask if i have any questions.

Thanks Again

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its been a while since I hit the trails and damn I m OLD! I even embarrassed myself trying out dirt jumps with younger chaps :nana:

Sadly not much trails in Singapore :(

I ve setup the Moment as an All Mountain, pretty much to do everything.

Nice to see a small group of bikers here.

Oh for night rides I got scolo duo on the cockpit. I ever tried mounting my Helios with a large twofish lock block but too huge and expensive in case I crash.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
2000xlt
Like you stated, I see that you have hubs without rotor mounting flanges, so you're kinda stuck rotorless without getting new wheels or at least hubs. And ya know, for general riding the disc really doesn't provide many noticable advantages. V-brakes are lighter, usually quieter and provide a suprising good feel when tuned properly. We just put a set of Avid Single Digit SL's on my brother's 2004 Fuel 98 and he is very pleased with them. We did a fairly serious ride this morning with a lot of climbing and decending among big grapefruit sized rocks and he was loving his new brakes.

IMO you can't touch a well set-up hydro system, but it's surprising at how nice decent quality V brakes can be.

My bike is here. No small pics, sorry ;). Since that pic I've got some avid code 5's, 180 front, 160 rear. Suicide in a lever :sssh:

Seriously good fun to ride- off stuff, over stuff, through stuff. NEVER around stuff :devil:

Oh, and I've got one of these, too. Great for larking round, but rubbish for riding A to B!

ecomproducts-image-1074.jpg