Found my next bicycle.

scout24

Flashaholic
So, walking in town this morning with Mrs. Scout, and we passed by our local bicycle shop. I started laughing, stopped to take a picture, and the Mrs. rolled her eyes at me. First time I've seen my "screen name" off the forum. 🚲 😁
20221201_102135.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Lol, I didn't purchase it. I haven't ridden a bicycle in years, though the decals on my motorcycle might be neat..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Walmart has a bike with front and rear disk brakes and the shifters built into the brake levers. This bike was high rated when it cost 350 bucks. .now it's on sale for 128

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it is 24 inch wheel, a kid's bike. whenever you see numbers like 16,20, 24, 26, 27.5, 28, 29. as a part of bikes model names, those are wheel sizes, 28 is pretty rare to see thou. there is also 700c which is same rim as 29. but for thinner tires. usually road and hybrid bikes,

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A 24" bike like that one is usually for an adolescent who out grew their 20" wheel bike but isn't quite up to a 26" wheel size. Yet they sure can be fun to ride. You can toss it around like the 20" bike but have the speeds of a 26"er.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Most 26 incheres I can't put feet on ground only on my huffy

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 24" bike like that one is usually for an adolescent who out grew their 20" wheel bike but isn't quite up to a 26" wheel size. Yet they sure can be fun to ride. You can toss it around like the 20" bike but have the speeds of a 26"er.
Do mfgrs still use frame sizes for road bikes?
I see trail style bikes hanging off car racks. They look high tech in design and construction.
Ti, carbon fiber, gotta be expensive sport.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This may answer your question.
I'd surmize pro riders have custom frames.

I was in a high end bicycle shop one day years ago buying some tires and a lady who had just spent $30k on a bicycle asked the salesman if they offered riding lessons. They sold pro racing bikes starting at $12k 😱

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may answer your question.
I'd surmize pro riders have custom frames.

I was in a high end bicycle shop one day years ago buying some tires and a lady who had just spent $30k on a bicycle asked the salesman if they offered riding lessons. They sold pro racing bikes starting at $12k 😱

Wow that's gone WAY up from what I remember back when I was into riding. At the time (90's) a high-end pro level bike would be something like 5 or 6 thousand if I remember right. That was for things like carbon fiber or titanium frames, exotic wheels, top level components (brakes, shifters), etc.

Of course, adjusted for inflation that may be roughly equivalent!!

Still, frickin 30k for a bicycle is just nuts. Did that include a motor?!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When my brother was serious into mountain bikes he bought a crank for $1500. The bearings were $250 extra. Apparently they had custom size races to fit into the odd size bearing cup on his custom made frame. It had custom shocks, custom seat, all kinds of special made doo dads. He even had custom made shoes for the clipless pedals. I used to say "dude, you should not wear spandex pants, because you look like a logo clad scarecrow in those things". His youngest child was born and now he rides a 5 speed beach cruiser Schwinn from WalMart. lol.